BFA Unholy Death Knight Feedback (Cont.)

(Rothulian) #141
Would just settle for Battle Shout.

(Rhazghal) #142
if they give us class buffs back id rather see them give frost horn and give unholy the 40 yard 10% movespeed aura, or give both frost and unholy AMZ back

(Rothulian) #143
That wouldnt make much sense. Old Horn of Winter wasnt Frost specific. And you dont see Frost mages giving 10% int, Fire mages 5% magic damage and Arcane Bloodlust, for example. Its a class buff. Not a spec buff.

(Paint) #144
Okay so. Buff single target and haste. Thats all we need. Just a good chunk of that

(Rhazghal) #145
i think just giving everyone back a class buff isnt the right choice id rather see some of them spread out to a few more specs instead of like 4 different classes applying a 10% ap buff thats boring as hell

(Victor) #146
For me, Unholy and Frost both feel really awkward with how poor their defenses are. Plate classes should be tanky. Weird that leather wearing dps specs are the tankiest...terrible for immersion.

(Tarsk) #147
11/11/2018 04:40 AMPosted by Raziael

Long winded way of stating my agreement with the quote. If I missed anything please add it.

Personally, I miss some of the insane survival tools we had as Unholy back in the Wrath era: full strength AMS, AMZ that wasn't a PvP talent for some dumb reason, Bone Shield for taking those errant hits, and the ability to return from death as a ghoul and keep fighting for a little while without eating up any battle raises.

(Rothulian) #148
11/11/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Rhazghal
i think just giving everyone back a class buff isnt the right choice id rather see some of them spread out to a few more specs instead of like 4 different classes applying a 10% ap buff thats boring as hell

Id honestly rather they remove all buffs. But if they wont do that...spread around whats out there.

(Myronas) #149
Everyone forgets Empower Rune Weapon. It would, by itself, fix half of the issues we have with the class currently.

(Sugoman) #150
Urioh has great suggestions Blizz, maybe take a second to read and understand and learn how to fix us. You aren't doing a very good job, time to look outside of that "dev" team.

If nothing in 8.1 acknowledges Unholy's terrible terrible single target damage, I unsub.

Balls in your court.

(Myronas) #151
And on the topic of the Death Coil conversation, it should cost more Runic Power, do more damage, and be used overall much less, outside of lucky procs.

(Comfybundle) #152
A reminder that the Level 60 talent row is completely unbalanced and Soul Reaper is the best choice in every situation. The functionality of restoring Runes on demand should be baseline (tied into one of our other cooldowns or given as a new button) and Soul Reaper should be redesigned to be more in line with the other options on that talent row.

(Inemia) #153
11/09/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Tyfus
I definitely agree that skilled players pull more dps. But in the current game, that's not the skill of playing the spec. It's the skill of knowing fight mechanics, setting up a proper UI, knowing how to gear, and being persistent enough to farm that gear.

These are things that most decent/veteran players have already learned and can apply to any spec. The skill of playing the spec itself is the smallest contributing factor right now. There isn't much left to learn or master because RNG/passive elements are too powerful and our spec abilities/talents are pruned or just plain bad.

knowing the fights, gearing, or setting up a UI is not the same as knowing to pool runes or hold back on a spell in order to do better a few globals from now. nor is the experience of knowing that RP spending this global instead of rune spending is going to smooth out your rotation allowing for overall higher dps. there's a reason good DKs don't have much for gaps in their rotation and bad DKs are professional thumb twiddlers.

the devs intended for all specs to be easy to learn but difficult to master, the problem is that many people learn the surface level well and think that's all there is. so there is always the question of are you talking to an awesome player who mastered the class or someone who only thinks they did, resulting in most of the arguments about skill depth.

but i do agree we have less depth in spell interaction than we used to, but it is has changed to on the fly spell selection decision. what we need is both, there is nothing better than coming in and wowing people who can't play your spec well, or being that girl who knocks the dps out of the park on a spec everyone says is trash. but the devs seem hellbent on making the game stupid easy. IMO they need to look at fighting games, not every spec needs to be eddy gordo.

11/11/2018 11:33 PMPosted by Myronas
And on the topic of the Death Coil conversation, it should cost more Runic Power, do more damage, and be used overall much less,

how do you plan to counter the loss in rune regen with fewer DC casts?

(Myronas) #154
11/12/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Inemia
11/09/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Tyfus
I definitely agree that skilled players pull more dps. But in the current game, that's not the skill of playing the spec. It's the skill of knowing fight mechanics, setting up a proper UI, knowing how to gear, and being persistent enough to farm that gear.

These are things that most decent/veteran players have already learned and can apply to any spec. The skill of playing the spec itself is the smallest contributing factor right now. There isn't much left to learn or master because RNG/passive elements are too powerful and our spec abilities/talents are pruned or just plain bad.

knowing the fights, gearing, or setting up a UI is not the same as knowing to pool runes or hold back on a spell in order to do better a few globals from now. nor is the experience of knowing that RP spending this global instead of rune spending is going to smooth out your rotation allowing for overall higher dps. there's a reason good DKs don't have much for gaps in their rotation and bad DKs are professional thumb twiddlers.

the devs intended for all specs to be easy to learn but difficult to master, the problem is that many people learn the surface level well and think that's all there is. so there is always the question of are you talking to an awesome player who mastered the class or someone who only thinks they did, resulting in most of the arguments about skill depth.

but i do agree we have less depth in spell interaction than we used to, but it is has changed to on the fly spell selection decision. what we need is both, there is nothing better than coming in and wowing people who can't play your spec well, or being that girl who knocks the dps out of the park on a spec everyone says is trash. but the devs seem hellbent on making the game stupid easy. IMO they need to look at fighting games, not every spec needs to be eddy gordo.

11/11/2018 11:33 PMPosted by Myronas
And on the topic of the Death Coil conversation, it should cost more Runic Power, do more damage, and be used overall much less,

how do you plan to counter the loss in rune regen with fewer DC casts?

Empower Rune Weapon.

(Inemia) #155
11/12/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Myronas
Empower Rune Weapon.

that was a 5 minute CD iirc, hardly enough for proper rune regen, blood tap would work better. the thing is we don't really need ERW, proper play keeps your runes going to the point where something like ERW would hardly get used other than occasional burst or screwup correction.

(Paint) #156
Okay. Defensive ability idea. We need a damage absorb that applies damage taken into a phantom self you can summon. let’s say a 4-5 second window of absorb all incoming damage, and in return it applies 70% of total damage absorbed through damage, by your whisp/phantom to the attacker over 15 seconds. Also, if you dont absorb at least 40% of max health when this is active you instead gain a haste buff/(no phantom summoned). (New Talent) (Soul Splinter). The model for this would be a dark purple figure of the player, with green outline on the weapon.

(Braymo) #157
I'd rather get ST buffs than a new defensive..

(Braymo) #158
Also would love to see blue text on this thread

(Paint) #159
All of the wound talents we have should apply to necrotic strike.
(Or buff scourge and deathcoil by a solid chunk.)

All runes should start regenerating ASAP for fluidity of the class.

Utility in the form of cc is needed for this offensive class.

Ah, ah, ah, ah. Can’t stay alive, no stayin alive. (We need baseline defensive increases).

Single target damage needs to be scarier, we’re a juggernaut.

I like our downside being less team utility, and our upside being the main unstoppable killing machine of the squad/team/group who will bring about doom quite pressurefully, if not dealt with properly.

We need to be more of a threat in terms of what you have idealized as our class fantasy as developers. I feel like all people playing DPS death knight could agree.

(Paint) #160
11/12/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Braymo
I'd rather get ST buffs than a new defensive..
I mean technically it’s both, and better than our current defensives. If you’re not threatened while it’s active you get a solid tune reset from haste/attack speed. If you take a ton of damage inside of the absorb you get a major single target buff... It’s similar to touch of karma, but the fantasy of it can be played off of majorly especially with spell design etc...Just an idea :) anyways.