BFA Unholy Death Knight Feedback (Cont.)

(Rothulian) #81
So Lore posted yesterday the recent nerfs are being reverted to dh/arms/Frost DK. But that they will be nerfing them in some other way. Will be curious to see how that plays out.

(Paint) #82
They’re joking about dks on the arena tournament. Come on!!! Buffs to single target by a mass amount and some more armor/haste!

(Razeal) #83
11/02/2018 08:55 PMPosted by Paint
They’re joking about dks on the arena tournament.

Really funny how Vhell and co don't understand how DA doesn't break roots. UDK is literally less mobile than ret and they were going on and on about how mobile the spec is.

Good times.

11/02/2018 08:55 PMPosted by Paint
some more armor/haste!

Lots of people getting too big for their britches over in the dk forum over the new pvp talents. I'm excited to play with them but the way UDK takes damage didn't change; not sure how that's going to stand up to Turbo/RMX/Jungle or Cupid, just to name a few. DH/Warr wouldn't even really need to cc a healer to drop a UDK even with the new talents.

(Braymo) #84
bump

(Paint) #85
Unholy DK rocks

(Rothulian) #86
Lets hope PTR is back up tomorrow. And perhaps we can get a build this week with some tuning....

(Paint) #87
We need tuning so bad it’s not even funny. Definitely going to unsubscribe if we don’t see some solid single target changes and survivability. This is the only class I have fun playing and have been 2400+ with.

(Razeal) #88
bump.

(Atherakhia) #89
Is there a reason so many people want Death Coil to have a lower runic power cost and thus require us to cast it more throughout a fight?

I realize there is a lot of downtime currently with UH which causes auto-attack/white damage to be a larger contributor to their overall DPS but wouldn't you be better served with DC drained all available runic power and did a large amount of damage based off the amount consumed instead? This way fewer GCDs are spent on DCs in a fight, hopefully this would be a reason to dramatically increase the damage of DC.

Then if they could find a way to increase rune generation in some fashion (your deathcoil grants you 1 second of increased rune generation for every 10 runic power used) to help limit the downtime and reliance on white damage things would be looking better.

(Gurthäng) #90
11/05/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Atherakhia
Is there a reason so many people want Death Coil to have a lower runic power cost and thus require us to cast it more throughout a fight?

I realize there is a lot of downtime currently with UH which causes auto-attack/white damage to be a larger contributor to their overall DPS but wouldn't you be better served with DC drained all available runic power and did a large amount of damage based off the amount consumed instead? This way fewer GCDs are spent on DCs in a fight, hopefully this would be a reason to dramatically increase the damage of DC.

Then if they could find a way to increase rune generation in some fashion (your deathcoil grants you 1 second of increased rune generation for every 10 runic power used) to help limit the downtime and reliance on white damage things would be looking better.

Theres not "a lot" of downtime with unholy, im sitting at 20% haste and i have 2 or 3 secs tops of downtime if i really screw up the rotation or really really bad rng procs.
The reason ppl want death coil to cost lower is because the damage is !@#$ for the amount of RP is costs and would also help with RC procs at lower haste levels which imo would cause resources overflown later on the road.

(Atherakhia) #91
I don't have a lot of haste so I end up auto attacking pretty regularly as I try to weave Festers and Scourges etc. But I do realize DC has horrible damage. It's effectively doing the same as DS, which at least heals us. I just feel I'd rather DC be more of an execute type attack that acted similarly to execute for Warrior.

It does X damage per Y runic power drained (which should do 25-30% more damage than current ideally) and our sudden death procs would be free but treat the DC as if we used Z runic power when casting.

I just feel even if they increased the DC damage or reduced the cost, we'd be right back here the next day complaining about how many GCDs we're spending casting the spell. Rather have a solution that solves both problems.

(Urioh) #92
11/05/2018 09:51 AMPosted by Atherakhia
I don't have a lot of haste so I end up auto attacking pretty regularly as I try to weave Festers and Scourges etc. But I do realize DC has horrible damage. It's effectively doing the same as DS, which at least heals us. I just feel I'd rather DC be more of an execute type attack that acted similarly to execute for Warrior.

It does X damage per Y runic power drained (which should do 25-30% more damage than current ideally) and our sudden death procs would be free but treat the DC as if we used Z runic power when casting.

I just feel even if they increased the DC damage or reduced the cost, we'd be right back here the next day complaining about how many GCDs we're spending casting the spell. Rather have a solution that solves both problems.

i think there was nothing wrong with the rate we were casting Death coils pre Unholy frenzy buff in legion ... casting them more often wasnt a bad thing as they did a lot of damage as well.

However back then we had runic tatts and double doom and bunch of other things contributing to our rp gain ... which we dont have right now. Which means the rate at which we were casting them is extremely low compared to back then.

(Paint) #93
I dont get it. Blizzard has all these posts about content content content. “New rollercoaster at the darkmoon faire” “other random pointless !@#$ to distract us from their lack of care and attention to class design”. When really the focus needs to be classes and talents and number tuning. All beta things. Its great you can make some 100 ft tall sea %^-*! for 8.2’s raid. but i wanna know if my class will be good at some point in this expansion

(Rothulian) #94
Really wish anyone at blizzcon had asked them why class tuning takes so long to implement. We shouldn't have to wait for major patches just to be made viable.

(Gurthäng) #95
11/05/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Paint
I dont get it. Blizzard has all these posts about content content content. “New rollercoaster at the darkmoon faire” “other random pointless !@#$ to distract us from their lack of care and attention to class design”. When really the focus needs to be classes and talents and number tuning. All beta things. Its great you can make some 100 ft tall sea %^-*! for 8.2’s raid. but i wanna know if my class will be good at some point in this expansion

Very casual ppl like that kind of stuff with makes at least 60% of the wow population so they focus on that kind of crap, just like they are focusing most of their efforts for this next patch in fixing azerite gear and warfronts cause baddies and casual keep complaining and making thread after thread about how azerite is dull and dont impact their gameplay and wafronts are boring.
Sure lets just add more layers of damage and complexicity to abilities to make tune even harder and they take even longer to fix classes. They cant even balance 36 specs properly and now add on top of that hundreds of azerite traits. If you remenber legion, tunning was a !@#$fest cause of legendaries and they only managed to make a proper tunning on all specs around ToS.

(Lahgtah) #96
11/05/2018 09:51 AMPosted by Atherakhia
It's effectively doing the same as DS, which at least heals us.

If you take a look at your core abilities, you'll realize all four of your core rotational abilities do very similar damage to each other. SS/CS only wins out slightly above the others by virtue of wounds.

It's kind of sad.

(Rothulian) #97
Bump. Hopefully more info tomorrow.

(Stormdk) #98
No info, yay!

Guess I might stay as my dh or level a warrior. This is just sad

(Rothulian) #99
Maybe tomorrow....

(Alazar) #100
Ha. Such a nice ptr build. A horrible trait. Ty blizz