Bfa s4 tabard lmao

https://i.imgur.com/pPA2rOM.png

the rugged low-effort simplicity that we hated with dread recolored with the notorious maroon palette

slap an ugly horde logo right in the middle so we can feel like the orgrimmar rep grinders ion wants us to be

sinister was a small step in the right direction as it was the first in about 9 seasons that we stepped away from the ugly red spectrum

notorious was another step in the right direction despite returning to the red palette the texture was much more refined and the color was slightly more unique regardless of it being plain

corrupted is a HUGE step backwards
uninspired washed colors with an all too unrefined look

blizz pls do better in 9.0

6 Likes

Who cares, PvP sucks so the tabard doesn’t matter

1 Like

when pvp sucks at least you get a collectible for enduring

80% of the legion seasons were awful
100% of the legion tabards were terrible
singular enchant that could be earned first week of s3 that stuck for another year and a half was boring

but the elite sets and glad mounts looked good

even if the games bad (bfa pve is bad too) at least let them know the art team can carry pvp participation the way it does in pve

mount/tabard/elite set NEEDs to be better in 9.0

6 Likes

Fair enough, I do pretty much the same thing and get all the elite sets every season and stop playing so I can see it.

Ferocious/demonic tabard is pretty cool since it doesn’t have the alliance or horde symbol on it + sort of unique colors

1 Like

pretty off topic but it’s wild to me that ion didnt pursue a lot of the systems that legion (and earlier) did well

most people i know played several classes in legion they wouldn’t regularly play because the elite sets were worth playing for on alt alt alts

i played like 10 chars for elite sets most seasons
and mage towers? oh man HOOKED
did pretty much every non-tank skin “just because”

‘the chosen’ mythic sets that are retired also prime
the scythe and swords from AtBT (though not retired) all very good forms of content to continue traditionally going forward

the amount of people buying 2k for gold was insane
low tier participation was even good despite destro/dk(x)/hpal being 90% of qs and everyone wanting to quit

going farther back, mop cms? i got every class minus druid/monk and i didnt even play 3/4ths of the classes prior to mop simply because it was so good

2 Likes

the last good tabard was the wod season 3 tabard, legion and bfa tabards are a big joke.

I don’t know why they also did lower the requirement for it, I think 2600 was a perfect middle point to get it.

1 Like

some of the horde ones in legion weren’t too bad. kind of a joke on alliance tho.

i disagree with that, cruel tabard was good, same with ferocious. I do think tabard rating requirement was far too low, and still is now.

Monk elite set sucked

Well, if that doesn’t prove they got rid of the art department this xpac, I don’t know what will. Who in the world would wanna grind all the way up to 2400 to get THAT thing? :grinning:

All the tabards I’ve got from PVP are boring ugly and a shade of red.

Hence why they’re always hidden.

Anyone remember when pvp tabards actually looked prestigious? Pepperidge farm sure does.

2 Likes

No, not really.

Why do they keep making tabards that are alliance/horde colors? Nobody wants that garbage.

They had perfect opportunity to make a sick void looking tabard for corrupted gladiator but nah just alliance/horde colors exdee

3 Likes

You gotta pay for that

1 Like

ya wish they would do away with this alliance v horde theme

pretty much means you may never get a cool red set as alliance or a cool blue set as horde because all of your gear has to be blue cuz alliance :crazy_face:

its hilarious because rated pvp isnt even alliance vs horde conceptually, the entire concept of “arena” had no faction ties, even going as far back as gurubashi arena and the one in gadgetzan were always entirely ffa unless grouped

4 Likes

Yah it so stoopid lol! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

every bfa tabard looks like a blank canvas

1 Like

Have you seen gear from the next raid ?

They slapped the same exact colors from one difficulty to each other gear on that difficulty to they essentially made 1 set 4 color schemes and pasted it on the 3 other sets and weapons.