BfA’s story is actually brilliant

I’ve been seeing a lot of hate for the story since August. I stayed silent, as I thought the message would become clear to the silly peasants. But alas, I must enlighten you lost sheep.

BfA is actually a satire.

Think about it. How can anyone take a Undead elf seriously when she throws a fit and burns her only win condition after being called a smuck? What real world leader would do this? It’s easy, they wouldn’t. The same world leader who Guitar Solo’d into her killer’s sword in her previous life. The same who walked away from the only kill target she herself went after in Darkshore and was completely vulnerable after an axe to the back. Absolute brilliance. The subtlety was so good that no one but me noticed.

When Anduin talks about peace after the Horde committed a Fire Nation on those hapless Elf Nomads, it gets the almonds turning. “Dis guy b da dumbz” thought the masses. But nay, another gloriously written piece of this modern Shakespearean story. What true leader would want peace with a group that keeps committing heinous genocides and dark pacts? Anduin is a stellar mockery of pacifists.

But the true treasure, is the Horde War Campaign. The polish and ingenious storytelling at work is Blizzard at their peak.

It starts with gaining bases on Kul Tiras. Tiragarde Sound and Drustvar are nothing special, but then you get to Stormsong Valley. You meet long time fan favorite Rexxar, from WC3. While making the base, Rexxar has some interesting dialogue. Rexxar says that Jaina has killed too many Hordies, and must die. But wait, there’s more! Rexxar then says that they will reclaim Horde ancestral lands! Now, a novice might think this is stupid because Stormsong is and always has been Alliance property. However, that’s the genius of it. This is clearly mocking people who want to “reclaim” their people’s land from centuries ago, and no one takes them seriously. The likes of Jaina are keeping us Horde down, and we used to be Warchiefs n crap.

So after getting chummy with Rexxar, the Horde makes it’s first move. Raise a few Kul Tiran war heroes and “convince” them to fight against their home they died for. Simply amazing. Blizzard is using zombies to mock cowards who turned traitor in real wars. We even somehow raise Jaina’s dead brother who got incinerated into ashes! Finally, after all this carnage and unethical actions, we arrive back in Zuldazar. Nathanos gives us a pep talk and then says the words. These words solidify Blizzard Activision as the singular best satirical writers of all time.

Nathanos “nothing personnel kid” Blightcaller says: “Go with honor.”

This destroyed my sides and put me into the hospital. Blizzard nearly killed me with their writing, they are inhumanly talented.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is just 8.0. It gets even better in 8.1, if you can believe that!

34 Likes

I like this. 10/10 WTB more posts like this.

6 Likes

Terry Gilliam’s World of Warcraft.

2 Likes

I hate switching to my tauren when I’m on my phone, so I’ll just do his signature post on my paladin this time.

I lol’d IRL

2 Likes

I figured he was being literal.

Nathanos: “You know how all that Honor business left the Horde and went to hell. You leave too. Go with Honor.”

5 Likes

Rian Johnson couldn’t have done it any better

1 Like

This topic is temporarily closed for 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Lmao, thread got closed temporarily. Guess some people can’t take a joke anymore.

2 Likes

There was a forum-wide bug a bit ago that was locking hundreds of threads all across the entire forums without any reason at all. It’s since been resolved, I believe.

1 Like

Sadly we were led into this expansion under the guise of a Morally Grey Faction War, not a satire that leaves both Horde and Alliance unhappy.

2 Likes

But now you know the truth!

Relevant thread for today.

Is BFA an out of season april fool’s joke?

3 Likes