BFA Professions Needs To Change Blizz

Wut. Do you have any idea how expensive progression raiding is? feasts are stupidly expensive. prepots can be a few hundred gold PER POTION. and in a progression night you may go through 20-40 potions for no kill. Not to mention flasks, which (;ast time I stocked up) go for 1-2k per flask, and for a guild that raids on a light schedule you need 6-8 a week.

There is a reason that you see raiders selling carries in /2. So that they are able to raid with the (preferred) consumables that my give that small boost to finish out a kill

1 Like

That poster wanted to be able to sell these items, not use them. Hence they want to make gold from this.

1 Like

The problem with blizzard’s reasoning is that people are still getting easy gear from world quests, etc. So, instead, easy gear is still easy to get, just not from professions (which, in TBC, when crafted gear mattered, was not all that easy, in a good way) but from other content. Back in TBC, I had no problem farming ore to sell so I could buy those rare mats from raiders from the AH. In the end, I had crafted myself a Lionheart executioner, accounted in the top 10 dps weapons (according to Thottbot at the time).

Perhaps the solution these days is for world quests stop rewarding gear and start rewarding crafting mats? Or at least mix it up a bit more, less gear more mats

Do you know what happen when they started giving expulsom from world quests this expansion ? You have people just dumping leather/mail gear on the market for 1k gold - doing that ruined professions not fixed them.

So no I like the gearing system they have now. Creating a system where people do world quests instead of farming for mats would be terrible imo.

I much prefer the burning crusade model of professions where most of the rare items were farmed from mobs.

1 Like

Burning Crusade model was good. But most rare materials were from Raids, not mobs. Sure the elemental motes and primals were, but the really rare stuff were raid material

This is one of the issues that can be solved by trying to find a guild that raids on a schedule that fits you. PuG groups, or guilds that need a few extra people will pull people in to finish out their established “time” and you really don’t know how long that will be until it happens. That being said, having a group you raid with can make the experience 100x better than just pugging.

As far as Disc Priests, both of the above are correct, disc is a solid spec for healing, and is pretty desirable, that being said, because of the way that Disc plays, the difference between a solid disc priest and a really bad one can be more obvious. (Iirc there was a video that went around toward the end of legion of a disc priest solohealing mythic argus)

So sell those items, they said that they are an alchemist, which makes flasks, and prepots you can make substantial profits with that

Remind me which because I have farmed mats to craft things and I have yet to go into a dungeon or raid to get them.

This guy was the one who started that series.

lol this would really help, shadow is like BiS caster right now

Aye, I said remove the bop restriction on some items, but not all. For example you could make some of the lower lvl mats tradeable, like the expulsum or maybe even tidal cores seeing as those are pretty much useless at this point, while leaving the breathes from BoDA bop.

They could also make the 385 crafted pieces tradeable, they’re only normal level, but keep the heroic and mythic pieces bop. This would also help make the crafting pros more impactful. With all the catch up mechanics now (normal dung drop 340, heroic 355, M0 370, emissaries 385) why would anybody buy ilvl 340 crafted pieces?

Simply put, I think crafting professions should be opened up more in line with all the other gearing paths. We’re barely 6 months into the expac and they’re already obsolete in terms of tradeable goods.

And I don’t agree, again those mats were restricted to certain content so that people could make gear to do that content, not make gold from doing that content.

You keep saying these things are pretty much useless, yet there are items you can make and sell with them and I see people running dungeons specifically for those mats so why you don’t use them I have no idea.

And it would be a healer who is already being more heavily rewarded for doing dungeons asking for this as well.

Also, this is how ‘worthless’ that 340 gear is. This character is the only one on this account selling stuff. It only sells 2 types of ilvl 340 gear as well.

That’s almost 2 million gold in the last month alone selling just 2 types of that ‘worthless’ gear.

I tried gathering herbalism and mining, what I found was although I could do decently with both I couldn’t compete with multi-boxers gathering herbs like Anchorweed. It took me forever to get a 200 stack and yet I see guys selling 5-6 stacks like that at a time on Anchorweed!. makes me wonder if there’s a hack involved?

I recently capped my monk, the first thing that I did was jump on my Leatherworker, make the 340 gear, mail it over, along with gold to buy weps, rings and a trinket or two. I bought that gear in order to allow me to complete content that would push me up to the 370 from doing reg mythics as well as boost the ilvl of gear from world quests

not always, the emissaries only go that high once youre at 370-375ish, before then it goes down on a slide basically, as I said, I made and bought gear in order to boost that ilvl up in order to start raising the quality of gear dropped by those dailies

1 Like

I could be wrong, but its not a hack. AFAIK its just the druid multiboxers that you see, as while you’re getting what 5-7 anchorweed from one gather (at rank 3) a multiboxer with 5 accounts will be getting 25-35 that difference can compound really quickly

2 Likes

Ok thanks Catalyst! I seem to forget that little truth

Lmao you don’t know the meaning of joy until you catch up to a multiboxer when your out herbing and manage to kill the lead account. Seeing all the subsidiaries freeze and just stand there and you kill them is just amazing. And if you can stagger the kills so that they are all separated even more, bah I love it
edit: Warmode, obviously :smiley:

2 Likes

The only mat you can farm from dung is tidal cores, and it is only used to craft the 385 bop gear, i.e. not tradeable. Not sure what your referring to that can be crafted from dung mats and sold, perhaps you would be kind enough to enlighten me?

OK now you have my attention! lol I love this! I am a born badboy when it comes to wpvp, I am nasty low life no feeling player that everyone gets stabbed in the back by and I love this idea, I never actually thought of doing that

How many groups for motherload have you seen listed as “NO ENGINEERS”? because ive seen quite a few, this is because they are farming the mechs for engi items

1 Like