BFA Professions Needs To Change Blizz

I haven’t done professions in awhile. I thought I would get back into them and have found they are crazy weird now. On my Discipline Priest for example, I have Alchemy and for an item I need for it it only drops in one specific raid. Upon looking this up online people are saying in LFR one of it drops per boss, some are reporting less than that. I don’t like raids all that much. I don’t know enough people to begin with to avoid LFR, so I’m getting penalized for not knowing enough people to get beyond this quantity and drop rate. Being Discipline ontop of that is frowned upon in raids as a healer and not enough damage as damage. So good chance of being kicked out after waiting. You guys are trying to force us in playing parts of the game we may not enjoy doing. It’s very frustrating. Please adjust our professions. There’s way more issues with the professions than just this. It’s just so messed up. Anyone reading this if you’re not for what I’m saying to each their own. I’m placing this up for anyone else that is getting frustrated with all these weird decisions lately.

14 Likes

First off, being disc is not frowned upon in raids, not even close.

Now I agree professions suck but I think a better solution is to remove the bop restriction on most of the mats and crafted gear. That alone would not only make the prof worth lvling but would also help the economy grow. It feels very stagnant imo.

8 Likes

This statement alone makes you sound completely clueless. Disc priests are fantastic raid healers. Most mythic raid teams run at least one. In addition, the item you’re referring to, I assume cauldrons, is only used for raid teams. So if you don’t raid there’s really no reason to get it.

1 Like

People don’t get kicked in LFR as healers unless they are afk.

I don’t care for this system of mats in dungeons and raids at all myself but blizzard is not going to change BFA professions at this point in time.

The idea behind this was players could get mythic quality raid gear but they had to raid. Blizzard thinks if they allow professions to make this gear without these restrictions, people just won’t raid. Guess what they are probably correct.

3 Likes

You mean make raiders rich - no thanks, raiders don’t need to be made rich they are already very heavily rewarded.

4 Likes

And your solution is? Make these mats fall from the skies like high ilvl loot? News flash, people already don’t have to raid to get high level loot. This priest that raids 4 hours a week, albeit we’re very casual, is ilvl 389. My alt warrior who has only set foot in Uldir 2 or 3 times for normal alt runs is 384, only 5 lvls lower. Making the gear boe isn’t going to change that. Besides, each armor class only has a couple slots that can be crafted anyway. It’s not you could pick up a full set off the AH even with this change.

But again, what’s your solution, since you seem to no problem discounting others while providing none of your own.

3 Likes

i want engineering to be better :smile:

2 Likes

Professions are a hot mess and really there is little reason for them now. There’s a couple of crafted items that are useful but most of them are worthless. A few good enchants, some alchemy stuff that you’ll use but overall the gear you get from quests and drops is far better/easier to get than crafted gear.

It’s sad because crafting used to be a rewarding and fun activity.

9 Likes

You realize blizzard has said this was the issue with good gear coming from professions, right ? That people won’t raid if they can craft it.

And there really isn’t a problem so nothing really needs fixing. All their is is dislikes and likes and just because someone doesn’t like something, doesn’t mean the game has to be changed.

No you assume incorrectly and calling someone clueless is pretty ignorant. I’m going on what other disc priests have warned me on and have been grumbled at before for not being holy. Maybe a couple bad groups I was in perhaps, but just auto keyboard warrior status response is pretty lame. Show some tact maybe. If you read my initial post it was meant for people who are frustrated with the current professions set up and to each their own.

Thanks Vhex. I may try raids again then. Sounds like views have changed since I was in one. I haven’t liked raiding because of rude players and getting brought into groups right at the end of the raid or brought in as everyone gives up and waiting all that time to witness a whole lot of nothing. I don’t understand why they did bop restriction. I think someone at Blizzard likes pulling things off like this to laugh at us LOL

2 Likes

since professions suck and the things we craft have minimal to no value, I say blizzard should implement a profession welfare system.

The things we make can be donated to a 3rd world server and we can get some kind of charity credit to make our epeen look pretty.

1 Like

Just because blizzard gives their reasoning for something doesn’t mean it’s a valid reason. Just look at their reason for not putting PvP vendors in the game for example.

Your statement that there isn’t anything wrong with professions is on the same level of ridiculousness as the op saying disc priests are bad for raiding. Perhaps your input would be better placed in a discussion about how great professions are as oppose to one about how to improve them. Good luck on your endless journey to find one of those.

Professions can not be meaningful in a game where gear is trival.

1 Like

Oh no… somebody needs to do raids to get raid mats to make raid items.

The inhumanity

2 Likes

My first suggestion there would be to find a guild that only does normal, perhaps a little heroic, raiding. LFR is toxic place. I do it on occasion, but only for runes, mogs, or a couple extra crafting mats. If it’s all you do then no, your never going to obtain enough mats to craft the higher level items. Doing only lfr will take you 9 weeks to craft a single 400 piece, and the 415 takes 10 times as many breathes as the 400.

If looking to join a guild I’d be sure to have a good grasp of shadow as well as disc. At this point guilds will usually have their healer spots full but ranged dps this expac is sought after pretty regularly. Having a shadow priest that can switch to disc in a pinch for certain fights when an additional healer is needed or for alt runs is very useful. Good luck out there.

My opinion on the matter: professions should be useful without being necessary. They should offer utility outside of raids, dungeons or PvP.

For example, a thirty minute speed boost on your mount, the ability to teleport from continent to continent or a automatic stealth field when you stay still for more than a few seconds.

Professions should not be able to compete with high-end raiding without doing something of similar difficulty.

The idea of someone just mining their way to multiple pieces of heroic or Mythic raid gear is a joke, especially when many of the mats can just be bought off the auction house.

That said, if they were to create content equivalent in difficulty that crafters could do, then them getting heroic raiding gear or even low Mythic would be fine.

That said, one idea would be a few pieces of gear each tier that have cheap material costs, but are BoP and of raid finder or low normal quality, so it gives new 120s a small boost without being a necessity.

They killed professions in BFA. Blacksmithing is all but completely useless. All of the Bind on Pickup stuff is just ridiculous.

2 Likes

Professions aren’t great but this aspect of them is just a matter of personal likes or dislikes. Some people like having profession mats in raids and dungeons and some don’t. I fall on the don’t like side but it is far better than what they did last expansion where they gated basic patterns behind doing dungeons.

They have already taken care of the excess problem with sanguicell and maybe they should be adding a BfA version of the potion of prolonged power for the hydrocore/tidalcore issue. However, I personally would never have an excess of these if I ran dungeons because there already is enough items requiring these in the game already.

And there is lots of blacksmithing 340 items that sell really well. I make most of my gold from 340 gear from some of them - and no I am not going to say what you just think about it.

They do do this already but you don’t need raid finder difficulty for a starter set.