BFA Normal Dungeons are lvl 60, Mythic is lvl 50

Why is this a thing? I get that it has to do with Chromie Time and Normal Dungeons in BFA scale to 60 now, but it seems so wrong. Especially if you are trying to farm for transmog.

2 Likes

Why did you make two threads about the same topic around the same time?

Bumping this thread because it is SO annoying. I farm the Mecha-Mogul mount in Normal mode MOTHERLODE and cannot anymore because it’s impossible to kill bosses that are the same level as me. I also can’t farm for xmogs in other normal mode BFA dungeons. Pleas fix this issue Blizzard.

1 Like

Just do it on heroic. It’s not like there’s that much difference from the level 50 heroic.

You can only do heroic once per day though. While normal you can do it all day*

*Assuming you do not cap the 10 instances per hour limit. At which point you have to wait an hour.

There is no issue to fix. It is intentional that BFA now scales up to level 60 for leveling content. That being normal mode dungeons, normal mode Islands and the outdoor zones.

Did they only remove the restriction in shadowlands dungeons a year ago, because you can spam run heroics.

I have a fairly long work day, but I’ll have to test this, no faith in the forums and all, nothing personal.

I may be mistaken, but even if the lockout is still there, this is a 1-2 week issue.

As I recall, at least some items have different colours from Normal mode to Heroic, so for someone doing transmog, “just do Heroic” doesn’t mean Heroic will get them what they want.

Although according to one thread, that’s also gone haywire:

If that’s true, I don’t remember offhand if those items have alternate ways of obtaining them. If they don’t, we may be in another Warlords items that disappeared and Blizzard forgot about it situation.

While levelling content being scaled might be intentional, the idea that any of that content was meant to change difficulty for players 60 or above would be the sort of thing that easily falls into “unintentional”. For example, a relatively simple solution would be to give level 60 and above players a 3x damage buff or whatever to offset the scaling change. Levelling content stays levelling content, transmog stuff stays the same.

But that would require like … logic, and purpose.

1 Like

So they straight up removed the recolors of the heroic/mythic dungeons from the game?

They scaled up because you can do them in LFG till 60. Once we hit 70 it still be 60 so you can go back and farm

I finally got around to doing Legion raids on an alt and the whole scaling is scuffed. Some items drop at ilvl 151, some items drop at ilvl 60. Wrath also had the same thing, some of the items in ICC are randomly higher ilvl with sockets, others are ilvl 37 vendor fodder. Does it make sense? Hell no.

If they ever get around to bringing the Mage Tower back, that’s going to be hilarious.

This appears to have been corrected in an undocumented hotfix. BFA Heroic dungeons (and Adventure Guide) are once again showing/dropping the correct recolors.

The current BFA dungeon is a joke, novices are instantly killed when they enter

1 Like

Yep. My advice for leveling alts at this stage is to ignore dungeons entirely. At best they are not worth the time; at worst they are borderline impossible (Shrine of the Storm) due to health buffs plus wacky scaling.

2 Likes

In one thread someone thought that putting new players in the middle of Shadowlands would make things too disjointed and thus why KT/Zandalar is scaled at 60.

But I’d argue even that is disjointed. Many new and first time players go from being Privates during Exile’s Reach then to…Champions of Azeroth? That’s a hell of a jump.

I’d say for new players a better way to do this would be like FFXIV:

Classic: 10-15
TBC: 15-20
Wotlk: 20-25
Cata: 25-30
MOP: 30-35
WOD: 35-40
Legion: 40-45
BFA: 45-50
SHL: 50-60
DF: 60-70

I know most of the older content is every five levels but theres 10 expacs and max lvl is 70.

And FFXIV has less than that but how tje progress is smoother.

this is the way it used to be, it was awful, you’d get halfway through a questline, not even a full zone, and have to move on because everything started giving crap xp.

i’d agree that maybe they should have held off a bit on BFA, or at least put some more effort into the weird scaling, but yeah, leave SL alone for a bit. still lots of alts in the 50’s that got mega screwed over.

1 Like

I leveled my KT through much of Tirisgarde and Stormsong just by doing the story. Leveled to 50 quick.

But yeah it makes it hard when you just want to get mogs.

Even without heirlooms you could do this prior to Chromie time being a thing. It was annoying.