BFA is better than Legion

BFA refined so many things wrong with Legion like a toxic M+ system and being screwed over by RNG and locked to a spec by the legendary system. Sure the Azerite system was boring but at least you weren’t screwed if your spec was nerfed hard or you didn’t get your BiS legendaries.

9 Likes

I liked Legion. Never bought BFA or played it. But from everything I’ve heard about it, BFA was the worst expansion WoW’s ever had. I can’t really comment because I never played it, but the big reason I cancelled during Legion was because I didn’t like the direction of the game. Sounds like I made the right decision.

Haven’t bought SL yet either.

14 Likes

better get on it

1 Like

Legion was the best expansion we’ve had in a long time.

64 Likes

Yea I dont think imma buy SL either. Havent touched BFA at all.

1 Like

Every enhancement shaman and the warlocks would like to have a word with you

7 Likes

I hated Legion leveling so it was the first expansion where I did not play any endgame at all during the X.0 and X.1 patches. The warrior class hall being a shiny palace for 3rd string lore gods was so stupid to me and I felt like I was being forced to treat WoW like a Diablo game with the artifact weapon gimmick. In retrospect, it was just bad luck that my main has always been a warrior, because most of the other class halls were pretty cool. I very much enjoyed the Death Knight campaign.

BFA lacks a lot of the small details Legion actually had though, and has the worst professions yet. But it still was much better leveling, questing, zone design. Legion doesn’t get good until Suramar.

4 Likes

Legion had its problems but the last few months of it was pretty amazing. fresh alts could do a handful of world quests and get to concordance on their artifact. Eventually they added a VENDOR for the legiondaries (why does blizzard hate vendors so much). Mythic + was more fun because tyrannical/fortified didn’t get applied until level 10. So people could feel like they are improving steadily and could chose to make the jump in difficulty. Instead of getting slapped around at a +2 with no new interesting mechanics…just flat boss or trash damage/health %.

4 Likes

If you take the end game gearing systems out of the situation, BfA holds up to legion pretty well, but I’d say Legion edges BfA out just because it wrapped up several really big story arcs.

BfA had the Saurfang arc, which was awesome, and some other cool stuff as well. We got to see the home of the Naga! Overall I think the story was better Horde side, but considering Legion was all Alliance all the time, that’s fair enough.

2 Likes

No way, Legion is way better than BFA. Granted, it’s a bit messy/confusing with quests or figuring out class halls, but you’ll get it eventually. It’s really fun!

1 Like

Hmmm I think WoD was better than BFA. I only made it a month into BFA before I canceled and only recently came back. I did resub when classic was announced though. I think BFA is awful.

9 Likes

Honestly my favorite things from bfa were allied races and heritage armors

5 Likes

Counterpoint:
yeah, RNG was al over, but you knew if you kept playing, you’d get orange stuff. For people who opay a lot but aren’t M+ or raid elites, it was good.
Lore in Legion made more sense. Characters in BFA are back to being “hurrrh duuurh blue vs. red dur dur dur”. Theres no nuance.
The azerite trait system sucked so much they had to totally abandon it mid-expansion.
Losing our legendaries felt like crap, but losing our neck will also feel like crap.
The portal system in Legion was better.
The gear looks in legion were better, I don’t foresee a lot of BFA T’Mogs.
The faction system STILL doesn’t make sense.
etc
etc
etc

lol so you are saying bfa was like the first?second?third? best xpac of all time… :joy:

No, it didn’t. You also didn’t play BFA looking at your achievements. 0/10 would decline from LFG queue and /spit on.

4 Likes

The reason why Legion > BFA is because that limited time GhostCrawler came from Riot Games to help them out made Legion a much better expansion placed over Cataclysm and MoP to an extent. BC amd Wotlk still tops all.

1 Like

All these problems the elite suffered, none of them affected me, So Legion was awesome!

2 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

Corruption. A triple layer rng that could result in you dealing 30% more than the guy who didn’t get it

Try respeccing if you don’t have correct azerite pieces. It’s the same thing

Change “Legendaries” for Azerite/Corruption and it remains true

BFA was a reskinned legion, just with more systems for extra rng

4 Likes

Nah.

Legendary weapons seem far more stable than Corruptions.

2 Likes