BfA Ink Trader

09/03/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Greiver
1000+ Ultramarine Ink that's just taking up space now. Fingers crossed for Ink Trader coming with tomorrow's reset.

*1 month later*

Okay I've crossed every body part I have and am starting to move on to my belongings. I've began in my room with crossed dressers.

Wait that didn't come out right.
2 Likes
So basically what everybody is wondering if or when is an ink trader going to be implimented, making thousands of inks with nothing to use them on and those of us on really low pop servers theres no auction house value for them since there is literally millions of inks available with nothing to use them on.
1 Like
I'm on 2 servers. On the FULL one, ultramarine ink is at 0.44 (44 silver) each. But I have no idea if anyone actually buys them for that price. Why would they?

Realistically, they are not sellable.
1 Like
I fully expect them to implement the trader and it require the use of crimson or whatever the green ink is called.
1 Like
Its nearly 2 months into Battle for Azeroth, and the ink trader still has not been updated. This is unacceptable, and is pure laziness on the Dev team. I understand making us wait maybe a month, six weeks tops, but more than that is completely dropping the ball.
2 Likes
Any updates to this would be great. Tell us to go away or something, just give us some information blizz.
4 Likes

Any update OR maybe adding in a way to craft 20+ inks at a time. I love the fact that it will take me 18 hours to craft 1 set of ink and 29 hours to craft another. Not sure why we changed back to having to craft the actual ink vs the pigment.

2 Likes

Maybe the same people that did inscription are also in charge of the forums?

If there is ever an actual use for the red and blue inks, I can stop gold-making for the rest of BFA. I have that many of them by now.

1 Like

red is super useful for vantus runes because people only making those have an abundance of green ink but no red whilst we all drown to death in ultramarine ink

1 Like

Ultramarine Ink + an engineer made item called ‘Tattoo Needle’ would be awesome for some tattoo customisation beyond these face ones I have

3 Likes

Please blizz do something about this

I was hoping this would update with 8.1, apparently not.
Needing to buy legion herbs to make 99% of glyphs is not really sustainable.

1 Like

Could easily go back there and pick them.

I feel like the ink trader wasn’t really doing the profession any real favors, just made all the old glyphs and items that required older mats worth pennies… because we had a ton of rosette.

On the other hand, sometimes I wish I had a use for all this blue crap like I do all the red, but they should have made better uses then lockpicks.

Getting real sick of the lack of communication on professions. Professions are part of the CORE of this game, not something trivial as pet battles or archeology… When someone has 5,000+ of one type of ink/pigment with NOTHING to do with them of any value says something about the attention that professions deserve. I just milled out 700 Herbs, and got ANOTHER 504 Ultramarine pigment that will probably never be used.

We NEED an ink trader at this point, blizz. I shouldn’t have to be farming herbs from the last expansion to make glyphs…

1 Like

It would be helpful to get an answer on this - I know I have asked numerous times including submitting this question for the last couple of Q&As :slight_smile:

Is there a BFA Ink trader coming?

IF NOT:
What plans are there for changing the scale of ink/pigment drops to match actual demand/usage with higher crimson pigment drops.

OR
What plans are there for having more glyphs that utilize the current pigments?
(Either with more current tier glyphs or changing the materials required to current pigments for existing glyphs)

3 Likes

Maybe we should just give up. They obviously don’t care.

1 Like

I used to send the inks to an alt to hold on to, just in case. But, now that glyphs are a cosmetic accessory instead of a requirement, I just cant imagine them keeping up with this silly ink trader idea.

Now I just vender the blue stuff (red is getting there too). Easy fix since Ill vomit if I do another TD+ to use lockpicks.

1 Like

Blizzard should stop saying they care about the community. This thread is the proof they don’t act on the problem or even respond to it.

1 Like

PLEASE!!! Come on!