I wonder how it will scale with mastery, since mastery will improve both bleed effects and finishing moves. Makes me wonder how that will apply to both Rip and this new finisher.
You mean like double dipping? Not gonna happen. It'll affect both the instant damage and the Rip portion, but only once.
A lot of these changes are basically giving us what Rogues already had (although changed a bit here and there)
Mastery affecting finishing moves:
- Assassination had Bleed and Poison and Envenom was already poison damage and thus affected by mastery (and Kidney Shot with Internal Bleeding talent already did bleed damage so was affected by Mastery).
- is copy/paste Crimson Tempest (instant damage plus short DoT)
Rip duration increase per CP instead of damage:
- Rupture has been this way since vanilla
Savage Roar affecting energy regen
- Slice and Dice has had this for many expansions and Inquisition, a similar ability for Ret Paladins that got readded is now Damage/Haste split instead of just damage it had before.
Scent of Blood was on the artifact.
Not saying these aren't good things, they are. Of course I can't even get onto the PTR yet and these changes might only be the first batch, we'll have to see what happens and how they all work out.
We still need some sort of utility pass IMO.
- We don't bring some of our class's strongest utilities, Solar Beam, Ursol's Vortex and Innervate (heard it mentioned before, but adding some of these to the Affinity row would make it far more interesting).
- We're still removed from form when using Remove Corruption, Hibernate, and Entangling Roots* (meaning they cost multiple globals and auto-attacks). Perhaps they don't want the CC used in forms but I see no reason Remove Corruption can't be changed when Soothe is usable in form. Moonkins I think suffer from some of these too.
*Entangling Roots can be used in form with a Predatory Swiftness proc.