BfA Feral Feedback (cont'd)

(Brokenclaws) #724
09/19/2018 03:51 AMPosted by Morthra
09/18/2018 05:10 AMPosted by Fahrenheit
1) Buff to energy regen, at least 10-15%
2) Have all finishers refund 2 energy per combo point by default
3) Give us back LotP, at 3-5% crit to whole raid.
4) Buff Shred by at least 33%

No. nonononononononono.

That's almost exactly the opposite of what Blizz should do. LotP should come back yes, but Blizz should nerf Shred and Bite by 30-40% and buff Rip and Rake by 70-80%, then make Thrash into an AoE finisher that spreads Rip rather than what it does now.

DD feral needs to die. 7.3.5 Feral is the worst iteration that Feral's had in a long time.

Yea! Screw those people who had fun with 7.3.5. No one should have fun except my way.

I suppose I could be fine with this change if they flat out removed blood talons and savage roar.

(Brokenclaws) #725
Even if we could spread rake/rip to all targets with an AoE finisher. That would still give us the longest ramp up of all AoE classes. Your talking about a 10 CP just to start getting damage in.

PvP this would make us insane in rated BGs. Undispellable heavy damage dots spread to everyone? It's a pvp balancing nightmare.

Tune more damage into our DD abilities. Give us a worthwile alternative to Blood Talons. Take damage away from our Auto Attacks. Give us an AoE that is effective enough for us to be useful in Mythic+ as dps.

Leader of the Pack would also make us a desirable part of any group/raid if our single target damage was effective enough.

I like the shred/bite play style while maintaining bleeds, but I think dumping all our damage into bleeds will make us very difficult to balance.

(Ancihcaor) #726
09/19/2018 03:51 AMPosted by Morthra
09/18/2018 05:10 AMPosted by Fahrenheit
1) Buff to energy regen, at least 10-15%
2) Have all finishers refund 2 energy per combo point by default
3) Give us back LotP, at 3-5% crit to whole raid.
4) Buff Shred by at least 33%

No. nonononononononono.

That's almost exactly the opposite of what Blizz should do. LotP should come back yes, but Blizz should nerf Shred and Bite by 30-40% and buff Rip and Rake by 70-80%, then make Thrash into an AoE finisher that spreads Rip rather than what it does now.

DD feral needs to die. 7.3.5 Feral is the worst iteration that Feral's had in a long time.

What version of Feral did you like best and why?

(Darkestalker) #727
I liked the bleed style back in early wrath. With that being said though things have changed. There should be a play style good for aoe and one for ST small cleave situations via talents. I would have no problems changing up talents as needed. DD usually works better for aoe simply because mobs usually dont last long enough for long duration bleeds like RIP to get full effect. Bleeds would be good in ST and 2 mob cleaves. I know everyone wants an either or but really it can be both via the right talents.

(Fahrenheit) #728
If we're too bleed orientated, we'll stay ostracized from the community in terms of Myhtic+, it's just not a viable playstyle in the fast paced AoE world of dungeons.

I'd much rather have higher DD, with the difference between the the 'good' ferals and the average being how they keep properly snapshotted bleeds on target. But even so, I'd want it so even average or crap ferals should be able to to do decent AoE like every half brain dead warrior or demon hunter with the press of 1 or 2 buttons, and not be fighting tanks or worse, under tanks in AoE situation like now.

Like, Ok, I get AoE isn't out 'niche'. But we shouldn't have to see ourselves regularly being doubled, or even tripled in damage done in AoE packs.

(Brokenclaws) #729
09/19/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Fahrenheit
If we're too bleed orientated, we'll stay ostracized from the community in terms of Myhtic+, it's just not a viable playstyle in the fast paced AoE world of dungeons.

I'd much rather have higher DD, with the difference between the the 'good' ferals and the average being how they keep properly snapshotted bleeds on target. But even so, I'd want it so even average or crap ferals should be able to to do decent AoE like every half brain dead warrior or demon hunter with the press of 1 or 2 buttons, and not be fighting tanks or worse, under tanks in AoE situation like now.

Like, Ok, I get AoE isn't out 'niche'. But we shouldn't have to see ourselves regularly being doubled, or even tripled in damage done in AoE packs.

Even if we were pure tank busters, like doubling the next class in single target, we probably wouldn't be as useful in M+ because the trash is almost always the hardest part.

To not have a significant AoE in the age of M+ is basically sitting us on the bench.

Our ST is currently subar causing us to be benched for higher end progression attempts.

PVP is going okay.

I seriously hope we see information on the 8.1 rework for feral soon.

(Wraithe) #730
Heroic Zek'Voz last night. The next worst dps was literally (as in literally) doubling my dps output on the add spawns. Granted, I wasn't running Brutal Slash and I didn't have 3 stacks of WF on my armor. But should I? Just to be COMPETITIVE with even the NEXT LOWEST AE dps in the raid?

(Darkestalker) #731
09/19/2018 07:02 AMPosted by Wraithe
Heroic Zek'Voz last night. The next worst dps was literally (as in literally) doubling my dps output on the add spawns. Granted, I wasn't running Brutal Slash and I didn't have 3 stacks of WF on my armor. But should I? Just to be COMPETITIVE with even the NEXT LOWEST AE dps in the raid?

No it shouldn't be that bad. Again I'm not pushing for one (ST vs Aoe) style over another. Just advocating for choices, and more importantly that no matter what choice you make, you should still be competitive in all situations, and definitely above the tank.

Ironically enough my Arms does better bleed than my feral while maintain good direct damage, and killer aoe/cleave. It almost feels like they are plate wearing ferals, which btw Arms players are not happy with, which truly makes me mind boggled.

(Nuadorin) #732
Well I guess we will have to see what the patch brings for feral. Hopefully it fixes some of the issues we (feral) are having.

(Antarris) #733
I just want feral to be fun and competitive. I want strong bleeds. I want strong bites and slashes. I want bleeds and direct damage to play off each other and synergize with each other. I want talents to be balanced well against each other and tweak the playstyle for the players preference, not pigeon hole players into one optimal build.

I know I'm asking too much.

(Kriegkatza) #734
Look at shamans, getting this full rework and ferals get nothing.

(Brokenclaws) #735
They are moving some damage(same thing they did for feral)

and removing/adding 2 new talents. (same thing I hope they do for us)

Hopefully no more Blood Talons soon.

(Ancihcaor) #736
09/19/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Brokenclaws
Hopefully no more Blood Talons soon.

It's more likely that they'll change how BT activates (no more Regrowth cast for damage) than remove it entirely.

08/29/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Seph
Bloodtalons
Bloodtalons does a great job at adding complexity to the rotation, but we're not sure the method in which it does that is right for the spec long-term. Bloodtalons asks you to frequently cast a Regrowth in exchange for its buff, which in a group/raid, means either you're required to keep an eye on group/raid frames (which is a lot to ask) or you make a macro to mindlessly cast Regrowth on yourself (which isn't great).

(Bearcatbull) #737
I will give it one more month if Druid does not get the love it needs, especially with Feral, Guardian, and Resto. I will be leaving the game to GW2, which has a great Druid class build.

(Rayen) #738
09/19/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Bearcatbull
I will give it one more month if Druid does not get the love it needs, especially with Feral, Guardian, and Resto. I will be leaving the game to GW2, which has a great Druid class build.

Likewise- if we aren't worth bringing to raid or M+ soon, it isn't a simple matter of rerolling. I'm just going to drop the game and blizzard games entirely.

(Cèowulf) #739
09/19/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Bearcatbull

This is me as well. I'm not going to reroll anymore. I'll just stop spending my $16.50 a month.

(Fahrenheit) #740
100% on the cusp of dropping my Druid in favor of Hunter or Rogue, or even DK.

This is a video game, the point is to have fun. When I play my Druid, I’m not having fun. Nothing more needs to be said.

(Grýph) #741
Well I am ready to bench my Feral Druid. I mean no matter what if they didn't do or do not do a balance pass this week I guess I have to join the exodus because I don't have a choice.

My guild had three feral Druids in Legion. Started with four for BfA. With the guild talking about DPS requirements and doing all we can to get our numbers up for heroic and mythic progression all any of us ferals can do is switch to another class. We are doing the best we can with the hand we got given to us.

This raiding week I was the only feral Druid left or at least in the raid. I do want to play the Feral Druid. I really do and I know someone has to be 18th or 20th on DPS but I shouldn't be getting destroyed on the meter.

Now I was going to go Monk but the best Feral Druid in my guild did that so looks like I am going Warrior till I guess 8.1 and some solid class changes happen. I feel like there is no other choice that doesn't end up hurting my guild right now.

Really sucks to be put in this position. Thanks Blizz!

(Brokenclaws) #742
I was debating between DH and Druid for this expansion. Promised my wife I wouldn't alt hop at all. I was going to focus and raid no matter the class changes. I knew that druid wasn't looking great in beta. I honestly thought this would all be resolved before M+ and raids came out.

I did get lucky enough to be able to raid with a great guild and we are making progress. I'm still having fun, just my numbers seem to suck.

(Whiter) #743
I want to raise the topic of a very weak AoE!

Our guild reached 4 bosses mythic. 2 weeks in a row I was trying different talents and with 3x Wild Fleshrending. The result is sad. The multi-target rake does not help.
If the raid does not have enough AoE to kill the mobs on time, the cat is on the replacement bench, whatever talents / azerit traits he would have chosen.

At the moment the statistics on the boss:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#boss=2136&dataset=95

Only one cat used a brutal slash and tried AoE.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XMcAGtQJwNnhyzH9#fight=39&type=damage-done&target=93

As you can see, Wild Fleshrending does not help, he does slightly more damage than the discipline priest.
If you increase the Brutal Slash by 50%, the total damage will be higher than the tank and approaching the other dd specs.

Medium single target dps ONLY on the boss doesn't help to kill the, where you need to quickly kill mobs.

The situation is worsened by the fact that weapon in the roads drop from this boss.

I wasn't able to kill the boss yet, since our raid does not have enough AoE to kill the mobs with my weak AOE. I'm stuck as the replacement.

sorry for english.