BfA Feral Feedback (cont'd)

(Hydroxine) #704
Its so funny to see this thread slowly die out when its finally hitting people, nothings going to change enough for somone to not say "feral or balance" ---- declined.

The fact that this is so universally known by everyone but the dev's says allot. It's not just ferals either, spriest, firemage... all garbage.. so much trash.

It's almost like... they had a beta for no reason and just agreed that 8.0 would be a continuation of beta, and they would make us pay for it.

(Syani) #705
Well here is where I am at. I am always looking to run Mythic + content right now but every time I offer to join a guild group I end up being the tank. Now that is not a bad or horrible thing at all. I like tanking. The problem is that if I want to be the DPS I don't get to go because there is always someone doing far greater DPS numbers then I am.

Still I am hopeful that Blizzard still has a few more fixes in line for feral. If not I might be looking to swap to Balance or maybe even a Warrior or Monk until Feral Druids are fixed. In my opinion we are a broken spec right now.

Sure in a 30 man raid group someone has to be 18th on the DPS meter. It was never me until BfA.

(Syani) #706
09/16/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Martei
09/15/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Tribalclaw
Bring back Leader of the Pack buff and MotW, please. <3

would be nice

Sure that would be nice and I do think every buff they brought back should be doable by more then one class. But that isn't our problem and that wouldn't really fix any of our core feral issues.

I really don't think our issues are on the top of any to do list. Otherwise I would like to think there would be far more developer communication with us on what we can expect in the near future or in the long term.

Damn, I am playing the class and spec I want but I am not even viable for difficult end game content. Doesn't make me feel good when I am paying for this product.

(Fahrenheit) #707
I have a sinking suspicion all we are getting is 10% more energy regen, lose the final 25% bonus to haste, and maybe an unenthusiastic 3-5% buff again.

(Serrow) #708
09/15/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Tribalclaw
Bring back Leader of the Pack buff and MotW, please. <3

Leader and Mark would literally make us a mainstay in raid instead of a "hey we're benching you because we need more damage" when I'm beating my sim DPS.

I went Boomkin, after being a nothing-but-feral player in Raid since Cata.

I'm going to be honest, Feral feels fantastic at 20-25% haste, so I'm not in a position where I can say anything about the gameplay - but the damage.. The damage is just atrocious, I do more damage as a Demon Hunter that's 15 ilvls lower and a 308 neck.

Something that might help going forwards is re-upping the damage on Savage Roar to 25% and then possibly making Frenzy a baseline or easier-to-acquire talent because of how well it pairs with Blood Talons in a rotational sense.

Right now you see a lot of spread when it comes to the damage ratios and builds for Feral; you have Fleshrending builds that focus on incarn/moc and then bleed builds that focus on talons/wounds - but do any of these actually allow us to do meta DPS? Not really.

Right now we just need a flat tuning passover in PvE and then maybe a 5%-10% flat passover for PvP to reduce the outgoing damage to compensate for the PvE buffs.

A less-than-exciting suggestion, maybe take Regrowth off the gcd when it's effected by Predatory Swiftness? A trait that increases our maximum energy back to 200? I'm still a huge fan of the higher energy Feral, just look at Assassination - they have a similar playstyle and having the ability to utilize a higher pool of energy goes a very long way. Possibly a talent that does it for us instead of a trait?

Our AoE is fantastic, if you go fleshrending brutal slash you can keep up with just about any class in AoE, but maybe an AoE finisher talent? There's a lot of things we could do if stuff was just made baseline again, but in the current state we're kinda just pruned and forced to build our class with talents rather than modifying the playstyle.

(Ginobili) #709
09/16/2018 06:10 PMPosted by Serrow

Our AoE is fantastic, if you go fleshrending brutal slash you can keep up with just about any class in AoE

lmao

(Kaelron) #710
I'm holding out just a bit of hope for whatever comes with the 8.1 PTR they're announcing this week, but this guy has been sitting in the Dreamgrove since before the expac launched and I doubt very much that that will change.

I think Hrothknut put it best

09/15/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Hrothknut

Feral has an old WotLK-era Patchwerk sim toolkit in a modern, mobile, add and mechanics ridden M+/raiding paradigm. Swing and a miss by the dev team.

(Brokenclaws) #711
Hoping for something good come 8.1.

I'm enjoying my druid, I don't need to play at the highest of levels to raid and we are still downing bosses. I feel bad for anyone who hardcore pushes progression since we are not in a state to do anything on the higher end of PvE.

(Hoofhartd) #712
Feral really needs help in aoe and preferably single target aswell, we are a constant DPS spec with no perks to bring. Other specs can pull equivalent if not more dps to the table, while bringing utility and the ability to swap to focus targets and ads with ease, while the best we can do is save 5 combo points and rip the ad as it spawns, and if an ad must die quickly, that is not something we can do without speccing into other talents and thus losing bulk damage from the boss. It would be really nice if we could get an actual tuning that could fix our spec and put us up to be competitive in mythic the raiding scene, and also make us competitive in the mythic plus scene, where ferals are dramatically vacant from because we are better off healing or tanking or respeccing boomy for.

(Darkestalker) #713
Well they are buffing our Bloodmists azerite trait, guess that will help with multiple rakes ... go get em! /s

(Multke) #714
Another 5% buff is needed

(Brokenclaws) #715
Do you guys think getting leader of the pack back would be worthwhile?

More crit = more CP = more finishers

More Crit = a spot in raids since it buffs everyones damage.

Before you say we can't provide a buff no one else provides, Paladins have blessings that no one else can give. Demon Hunters give a debuff no one else provides.

(Fahrenheit) #716
09/18/2018 04:27 AMPosted by Brokenclaws
Do you guys think getting leader of the pack back would be worthwhile?

Of course it'd be worthwhile!
What you suggested, or GotW (5% stats), or Battle Roar (10% attack power) will all work. Though we'd be stepping on warrior toes with the last one.

I like LotP the best of those ideas, a flat 3-5% to crit for us and the whole raid would be nice. They could even remove the old healing factor of it, I wouldn't care. Besides helping get us a spot in raids, it'd help out in smoothing our rotation a bit. Getting 2 combo points more often always helps a lot early in an expansion.

We'd be in a decent spot, well.... at least in terms of ST, if they gave us some combination of;

1) Buff to energy regen, at least 10-15%
    2) Have all finishers refund 2 energy per combo point by default
    3) Give us back LotP, at 3-5% crit to whole raid.
    4) Buff Shred by at least 33%

Our AoE would still be trash, but at least we would be filling our Blizzard sanctioned 'niche'.

(Darkestalker) #717
Possibly good news, or not, but I'd like to try and be positive about it (for the sake of me feral).

Balance changes possibly coming in a week or two to pointer (it was really unclear what was coming to the ptr based on the live stream, new features only or other things like class balance).

If they continue to tune the classes a touch with just a flat % for now and if the class balance (including hopefully at least some minor qol, if not major reworks) changes are part of the things being uploaded on the ptr, maybe there may be some light at the end of the tunnel.

Can always hope right? :)

(Yime) #718
09/18/2018 05:10 AMPosted by Fahrenheit
We'd be in a decent spot, well.... at least in terms of ST, if they gave us some combination of;

Our AoE would still be trash, but at least we would be filling our Blizzard sanctioned 'niche'.

If they buffed Shred like that it'd give them the space to buff Swipe and Brutal Slash by a similar amount and still not have them intrude on the single target rotation. Throw in an AOE spender like the blue poster mentioned they might consider and we'd be actually not bad at all at mythic+ *and* raids.

(Revvi) #719
A "bleeding" debuff is a cool concept. Bleeding targets take 3% extra Melee damage or every combo point spent on rip increases damage taken by X percent.

(Benjinx) #720
Hopefully we hear something soon in terms of changes like they just posted for elemental shaman.

(Dmxdruid) #721
Face it they lied. Only reason we got two buffs is because of the ungodly difference in dps to every other class.

Now instead of the grand canyons of gaps there is only a chasm. They wont change feral at all. Talents will stay the same and will only move from one tree level to another. They will just transfer damage from one ability to another and will result in nearly no change.

Face it and trust me i hate the fact myself since i love my feral but they will not make this spec something that can competitive in any form or stage.

They will placate people as they have for 3 expansions now and say we are aware and are in the process of twinking this or that to make it better blah blah blah. But you have heard this before many times over and nothing ever ever comes from it. There will be no new abilities or finishers or gcd changes it will just be the same give damage here while taking some from here.

Stop asking for something that will never come. Yes that sounds very negative and maybe its just my opinion but you cant say it isn't a reasonable conclusion considering how they have treated feral for years.

(Úrthwyte) #722
I guarantee they're done tweaking feral. They think the buffs they gave us is good enough. Their entire focus will be on Shamans and other classes/specs now. I'm done getting denied to every group I try to join. Time to re-roll to a different spec or play another class. Thank you Blizz, you really did an outstanding job. Guess I'll play Ret Pally, Rogue or Demon Hunter just like everyone else in this game.

(Morthra) #723
09/18/2018 05:10 AMPosted by Fahrenheit

No. nonononononononono.

That's almost exactly the opposite of what Blizz should do. LotP should come back yes, but Blizz should nerf Shred and Bite by 30-40% and buff Rip and Rake by 70-80%, then make Thrash into an AoE finisher that spreads Rip rather than what it does now.

DD feral needs to die. 7.3.5 Feral is the worst iteration that Feral's had in a long time.