BFA Ending with 3rd faction

Playing Dark Ages of Camelot back in the day taught me that three-way battles almost inevitably end up with two of the factions allying against the third. In this case, I think the Alliance would usually get the short end of the stick.

1 Like

Hmm ā€¦ I couldā€™ve sworn there was a quote that mentioned Forsaken specifically, but maybe Iā€™m conflating one or two different interviews.

I dunno ā€¦ the Horde-vs-Horde fights on this board are more vicious than the Horde-vs-Alliance ones.

No. Lorewise, yes it can happen. But to the system, it gonna create a huge mess. If youā€™re talking about a third faction where players who follow Nzoth band up together, including Horde and Alliance players alike, then what the problem is? People who raiding and pushing M+ will mass transfer that faction just to get benefit of all racials from both alliance and horde races. If you follow things like MDI or WF race, youā€™ll see the huge gap between them thanks to racial system.

1 Like

Why would there be a 3rd faction at the end of BfA?

1 Like

While I do think the end of BfA is a prime time for a faction realignment, a true 3rd faction (which is to the Alliance and Horde as the factions currently are to each other) is a non-starter.

What I think is more likely is the faction barrier becoming more permeable. So for example, letting people group up cross faction for PvE content, join guilds on the opposing faction, make mercenary mode more robust and compatible with War Mode, and maybe allow players a mechanism to change their factions (which, while not as important will still matter somewhat, especially for legacy content) without changing their race.

Potentially this could also come with things like light and void factions that function more like a supercharged version of the Aldor/Scryers, which impact how warmode functions in new areas and how the player experiences certain story beats, but are expansion specific.

I donā€™t think weā€™ll end the Horde or Alliance, or start a new faction to add to the mix. I do however think the next expansion will take the Aldar vs Scryer concept to a new level where youā€™ll chose between different parties to do your pve with.

Battle of Dazaralor really put the final barrier to rest with Blizzard accepting raids donā€™t have to be personally done by you, for you to experience the content.

between Baine and Alliance iā€™d rather not pick at all

1 Like

And then you might get both instead.