Better support and smaller servers

There are bug fixes that were reported for months on end that Blizzard ended up fixing or addressing as quirks from Vanilla after a year. No acknowledgement of them looking into those bugs. No indication that those bugs were in a queue to be fixed. Nothing.

They kept players in the dark on many things with not even a simple “we’re looking into it” for over a year. Blizzard is awful at communication.

This is a YOU problem and not a THEM problem.

Why does everyone still expect Blizzard to fix the fact that the player base are the ones who all rushed to be on one server and posted over and over how great it was going to be. . until it wasn’t?

Do the responsible thing and roll somewhere with a smaller population.

There’s a Blue Post big fix thread here on the forums… It’s pretty lengthy.

We didn’t all rush to overpopulated servers. I’ve been on Mankrik since launch, along with 100s of other players that I have met along the way. Our server wasn’t packed at first. It slowly grew and then we had a massive influx of players from a server with a horrible A/H ratio. Do you seriously expect all of us to just reroll on another server after all the time we’ve spent together and the reputations we’ve developed within our communities? That’s an unreasonable request.

If you spent any amount of time on the classic forums or reddit, then you knew that Mankrik (meme server) was going to be populated. Claiming otherwise and coming here now asking for blizzard to “FIX” what the players did? It just does not make sense my brother.

Any effort you are expecting Blizzard to do would do this very thing. I don’t see how you can’t see that.

I am seriously perplexed.

What is it you think or want them to do?

2k-3k permanent layers in Outlands for high population servers is all I’m asking.

1 Like

Ok, I don’t know about permanent, but I also haven’t seen anything where they said they would not be using layers, especially when needed.

Did you find something to make you think otherwise?

So far just launch. And if it were not for the input from other posters I would not have considered it. I originally thought smaller server caps was the answer.

1 Like

I am afraid that Geanie is out of the bottle now.

I do hope the layering keeps up with demand. Many of us do still remember the nightmare of Hellfire. Shoot. I was 3 hours behind my East Coast guildies by the time I could cross over, and it was terrible!

My fingers are crossed.

1 Like

I’ll try to explain it again. There are bugs and quirks that people reported as bugs for about a year before Blizzard fixed them or acknowledged them as quirks. Dozens of threads on the bug report forum for the same issues without even a simple “we’re looking into it.”

Here’s an example:

https://i.imgur.com/CwbAANb.png

Here’s one of MANY threads and dozens and dozens of reports from players asking if Consecration is supposed to take up a debuff slot, despite not appearing as a debuff on the boss frame:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/consecration-incorrectly-counts-as-a-debuff/361226

176 posts in that thread alone. You’re going to tell me that this is good communication? How many hours did people waste reporting this and posting and discussing and trying to figure out if it was intended through scouring of old video? 13 months for Blizzard to make a post after that thread was made.

Blizzard communication is awful.

2 Likes

It was a debuff back in Vanilla.

I dunno, I guess I’m not that worried abiut such things. In the end, there were other things that needed fixing more?

Blaming players when Blizzard is almost entirely opaque about population issues is a mug’s game. Not to mention the fact that Blizzard BADLY bungled server transfers several times. Faction imbalance is 95% on Blizz’s shoulders.

2 Likes

I second the better support initiative. The classic population certainly warrants it.

1 Like

In the words of Ozzy Man,

Yeah, na. .

Sorry, that is not what all the before launch hype and polls and threads bear out. But you are entitled to thinking it’s all on the company that makes the game. No skin off my nose.

I’m guessing that the vast majority of players weren’t on the forums pre-Classic. I know I wasn’t.

Ok, so here is how it went.

Lot’s of l33t types all said we are going “FILL IN BLANK” server all on “FILL IN BLANK” faction.

The continued to scream it was going to be AWESOME!

Then, it happens. and they cried and moaned and could not for the life of them figure out why they had log on ques. . Hrm. . funny that is eh?

As for the server transfer issues you speak of. I am not sure. I know they offered free transfers off the most populated servers. But ya know what happen? Hardly anyone transferred off. BUT, they did continue to blame blizzard and complain.

My point is simply this. Saying the faction imbalance is 95% on Blizzard is silly and not thought out at all. The faction imbalance is there due to the player base.

As you said, you were not there. Yet are more than willing to say 95% is the fault of the company. lol. . Lots of stuff is. . but not so much this, and def not 95%

Have a good night though.

Yeah, your ignorance is showing on this one, dog.

I wasn’t on the forums, I was in Classic on launch day.

Oh is it? Hrm. . ok. . Dog who self-admitted was not around.

Listen, save the reply though. We are through here.

Faction Imbalance is NOT 95% Blizz’s fault. Thats just silly reasoning.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.