Better Archmage Xylem Phase 2 Strategy

I just had to share this.

As soon as phase 2 starts. Drag the boss to the VERY MIDDLE of the room (on top of the iris. You can do this by starting on the opposite side) and drop 3 patches there. You run out when you get the add debuff (kill them of course) and then you slowly kite the boss around the border as normal.

The patches in the middle of the room barely miss taking up the entire platform because it actually has a grow distance cap. Thus you actually end up having more time to beat the boss.

Tried this once after my many failures before and I got it first try.
Best of luck to you all.

Just a little bump up now that the mage tower is back.

That sounds like you lose a lot of room to work with at the expense of a bit more time.

Drums+pot was a much simpler solution IMO.

Are you sure you want to do that?

1 Like

Whoops. My bad sorry. Was trying to help.

imagine posting guidelines to make someone trying to help with a PSA feel bad

lmfao

1 Like

Well actually it does the opposite. Having it drop in the middle of the room will give you even more time to beat the dps check because you will have more kiting space.

Got a link to a video of this?

I’m imagining in my head a huge black pool that takes up all but a sliver of the outer edge and you have to tiptoe the edge while managing adds and blah blah blah.

I already took care of Xylem as Arms and drums+pot turned a 3% wipe into a lol.

1 Like

You imagine right. But it extends the enrage which makes beating the DPS check easier.

Adds are easy though with piercing howl so making that harder doesn’t make the fight harder - the trade off can be worth it if you’re not getting the DPS you need.

1 Like

No sorry. Like I said the pool doesn’t take up the entire platform if it’s dropped directly in the middle on top of the iris. It has a grow distance cap. It doesn’t take over the final border of the room. You have like 10 yards of space from the middle to the edge where the purple stuff doesn’t hurt you. I personally wasn’t strong enough even with drums and potion when doing it the traditional way first because I needed more time to beat the boss and I just wasn’t cutting it at the time. Then I noticed that the patches seem to have a grow cap.

Youre slightly right, but you can still deal with the adds as long as you dont run too far away. It adds room on the enrage but reduces the kill time on adds. So if adds arent a huge problem then it is definitely a huge advantage to do this strat. It was really close to kill the adds on my sub rogue but I was far more comfortable beating the enrage.

1 Like