Betraying the Horde, or just broadening my horizons

So, I’ve been horde all of my bliz “career” since beta and just recently joined a nice casual guild after coming back from a long break. Then I unlocked the void elves due their Gothic nature. Now, although I enjoy the void elves, it almost feels like I’m a traitor. lol. Not to mention the fact that my new guild gave me a ton of upgraded equipment just for being nice. So… By also playing alliance after so many years as a horde enthusiast, am I committing treason or what? :smiley: For some weird reason, it feels wrong…

Dw, you’ll get used to it. Probably.

The hardest part is remembering which side you are on and wondering why the guards in Orgrimmar just smashed you into the pavement.

11 Likes

I have to admit. I lolled at that.

1 Like

Think it’s just the other blood elves calling you a traitor. Be careful of priest Kath’mar.

1 Like

It’s just a game, and being alliance only or horde only means you missed on literally 50% of the game. See the other side and have fun! Don’t take devotion in this game seriously. Alliance have beautiful cinematics and storylines you’ll be blown away by like the most recent “ending”(at 8.0 at least) of the faction storyline involving finding Jaina. The cutscene and how you find her is beautiful.

1 Like

The hardest part is going to the right portals in Dalaran.

I swap between Alliance and Horde pretty often and it’s annoying to get ported out of a base and get the ‘derp’ debuff.

3 Likes

id try alliance if i could play void elf :thinking:

Why can’t you play a Void Elf?

It’s the ‘blue’ isn’t it?

It’s annoying in new Dalaran to get kicked out of the portal room because you forgot which faction you were playing, but you barely notice the difference otherwise.

1 Like

Nah, I think the void elves are sexy. I love the British kinda accent. Honestly I’m so used to running with horde that it feels awkward dungeon crawling with draenei and gnomes. lol.

1 Like

I’d say no. We’re all people playing a game we pay for. To screw yourself out of half of the experience would seem more wrong to me. I play both sides. I am a Horde for life person. But I enjoy Alliance RP / questing / zones as well. And it’s good as an RP’er (I am a nerd who enjoys writing) to know both sides. That way I can write my xenophobic characters properly!

didnt play legion and aint gonna go back to do some dumb rep grind :smile:

1 Like

Instead of feeling and being one character try getting multiple identities in fantasy. I play DND so some days I’m a holy warrior but the next imma undead zombie.

Good luck hero of Azeroth!

The Rep Grind isn’t even that bad now. It’s been cut in half and you can burn through the WQs quickly.

I play characters based on what I want to do that day as well.

What edition do you play?

Oh we just play for fun but I believe we based off the 5th

D&D shouldn’t be played for anything but fun :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a DM and have run games for the last 4ish years, mostly out of 5th Edition.

I’d actually be interested in the overalp between WoW players and D&D players.

3 Likes

I’ve always fancied myself bifactional. In the current plot, though, I find myself playing my Alliance characters increasingly often. I feel like that’ll change when/if we get some rebellion vibes going on Horde, though!

lol i do this all the time :rofl:

I’ve played 3.5 for a long time. I’ve always been curious about 5th edition. I hated 4th so I went back to 3.5