Beta released, R.I.P Paladin

And here we are at the end of another week!

So, what bets do we have going? Surprise feedback? Surprise update? Total class redeeming update WITH feedback? Or, crushing silence?

TAKING ALL BETS!

I’ve got 40,000 bronze pieces on a ninja update to Devotion Aura, from 3% to 3.001%. I know, it’s madness, but I’m feeling lucky!

2 Likes

I am being 100% serious no sarcasm no mocking. Nothing will happen. Maybe next week they will fix half the tree not working properly, and aw talents not benefitting each other and thats it.

4 Likes

The sad part is that all this really bothers me when it shouldn’t. It’s just a game but it was a big part of my life til season 4 and it really hurts to see how we are being treated. I’m already just playing WotLK classic but I guess as soon as I ding 80 I will just stop playing. I don’t have the drive to seek another guild and play a game from 14 years in the past (man, did we get some good QoL updates in the last years).
I just don’t understand what we did wrong (besides choosing paladin as a class which seems to be a cardinal sin) to deserve this kind of radio silence.
DF really got me hyped with the trailer but this has all died in the last weeks of alpha/beta. I’m just not interested in playing it anymore.

Sry for the blogpost.

3 Likes

Well, I was sure the past couple Fridays (which seem to be unofficial feedback days) we were going to get something and I was wrong.

I will say tho, that if its not this week (maybe next at the absolute latest), its never coming.

3 Likes

A lot of us are with you on this my friend, even if some of our group won’t ever admit it. I’ve thought about playing WotLK classic, but it will drive me crazy to play a Paladin in its former awesomeness.

I honestly don’t understand why most of our traditional playstyle can’t be used today. A revamp of our proper Seals and Auras is totally possible. Adding in the (very, very few) new spells that have come along since WotLK would round out our Spec Trees nicely.

Honestly, I’m with you both. I have the terrible feeling that whomever is working on our class, is just going to coast on feeble Trees we have until next week. Then they’ll tweak another spell name or two, and ride off into the sunset.

1 Like

Oh we got feedback alright “we are finished with the design iteration phase and are moving onto addressing bugs and balance”

Thanks Blizz, maybe I’ll see you around in 11.0.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dragonflight-class-design-progress/1346916

12 Likes

LMFAOOOO ive been waiting literally 2 months for a revamp for prot pally or at least something in general and we got a “We’re finished!! :)”

This expansion is going to flop hahahahaha

16 Likes

Good lord, this is terrible. Barring an overhaul, I’m guessing my Paladin will be collecting dust in Dragonflight.

I won’t assume that everyone here will actually avoid their Paladins, but I honestly believe that avoiding playing a Paladin is the only thing that will get through to our ‘developers’. They certainly aren’t listening to anything on our class forum. Super glad I didn’t pre-purchase.

8 Likes

Yeah man, I think the options are don’t play DF, or don’t play Paladin.

We need to show them this isn’t good enough, and the only way we can do that is with an extremely low paladin population rate.

5 Likes

So we end up with less mobility AND utility going into Dragonflight… yeah, consider me out.

Was fun while it lasted though! We’ll get 'em next time. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Avoiding my paladin means avoiding the game. And if I learned one thing about me over the years whenever I took a break from WoW: the longer the break lasts the harder it is for me to return. A two years break for DF will probably mean that I won’t come back at all.

2 Likes

I…probably will? Idk. Right now, protection is very fun imo and it looks like it’ll be even better in DF. I think they’re taking it in the right direction. Ret is dead again unless they’re damage is overtuned.

I usually just pick whatever class interests me the most at launch. That concerns my raiding. But if I decide I wanna push IO as far as I can, I’ll probably roll whatever is meta ONLY if alting is not a giant pita. This isn’t likely though if we look at the last few expansions.

Playing Ret in DF is just gonna feel bad. Almost everyone else is brings something desirable to raid. We still have nothing.

I think I’ll just go back to druid or something.

2 Likes

At this point theres really only 1 option. Why am i going to keep giving my money to a company that doesnt even have the GD decency to make even a single post about ret all cycle? Na, its not worth my money. They clearly dont care about their customers if they can ignore a groupnfor months.

11 Likes

Sooooo Uhhhh if you guys actually do listen to your Audience and actually read these post… we’re gonna need you to ALSO bring back Shockadins… their damage sucks right now… and i was assuming the new talent tree was going to allow us to make hybrid classes like old wow… yeah…im not feeling that at all

4 Likes

“Hmmm, it seems like some talents seem to be weak compared to some others…”
“Hey why don’t we just nerf those other talents?! Buffing the weak ones seems like a really bad idea for some reason I won’t elaborate!”
“Oh yeah man, great idea! It won’t affect talent synergy or reliance on RNG at all!”
Final Verdict HoW proc rate nerfed
Art of War proc rate nerfed
Ashes to Dust proc rate nerfed
Zeal nerfed and a forced choice between it and Fires of Justice

:disappointed:

5 Likes

OMG dude they just did an update for 10/11/22 and holy shock healing and damage sucks!! what are you guys doing right now?? this just killed my vibe on playing beta

3 Likes

Was DP and battle Rez really worth everything we lost that was in the talent trees (spellwarding for all pallies and LAOTL)?

4 Likes

DP will barely be used… SoV is still better in 95%+ of situations.
So it’s a no-count.

1 Like

My biggest concern with the iteration Blizzard came up for ret pallies in DF is the insane emphasis on Consecration.

NO ONE asked for this, Consecration will not be effective for PvP and it is an ability that was never meant for RET.

If Blizzard wants to put more emphasis on consecration, fine, but do it for PROT Paladins, it makes MUCH MORE SENSE.

5 Likes

No, not in any way shape or form. Battleres is nice but again it wont help ret get a spot in anything.

Plenty of others can bres while also bringing better group utility, survivability, and dps.

It also does nothing to change the fact that bringing a ret vs bringing a holy/prot actually hurts your group as you lose access to either spellwarding or AM, and if you had a prot/holy there isnt a snowballs chance in hel your going to bring a ret for dps, which realistically is ALL ret has in DF.

3 Likes