Beta is next week, yet still no meaningful changes!

Anyone who gets beta and cares about this class PLEASE open your mouth and give feedback on the SL feed back forums. Because they sure as hell haven’t been looking here.

#GougeOrRiot

16 Likes

Yes, the sky is falling! The class that has never not had a spec that was S tier in both pvp and pve at the same time is just unplayable!

Yes, the sky is falling! The class that has never not had a spec that was S tier in both pvp and pve at the same time is just unplayable!

Wtf are you talking about? Rogues have been midtier at best this expansion in Raids and arenas. Looking at your armory its clear you wouldn’t know with 0 keys timed, 0 raid progress, and 0cr. Actual clownery.

10 Likes

The Rogues in alpha have failed us. Not surprised!

4 Likes

I mainly play EU. I also have far more experience than you cupcake. Better luck next time armory creeping someone.

This is a repeat of BFA and sadly once it hits beta they will rush in the missing Rogue talents and call it a day.

Unfortunate.

The window of opportunity to make changes even during beta will be 4-6 weeks. Beyond that and it is GG for Rogues in shadowlands.

4 Likes

Are you high? Where in this post was I crying about needing damage buffs and my class being unplayable? I just want more fun and interesting spells so my class actually takes some form of skill. BFA into SL just looks like more of the same boring game play.

It’s not whether or not my class is “good” numerically. That stuff can always be tuned mid xpac and what not. What I want is the return to the timeless master piece that was pre-legion rogue.

14 Likes

Doubt it lol

3 Likes

Imagine not even having cleared mythic Ny and trying to talk down to someone…

Nice bait. Stop trying to be a master at baiting.

10 Likes

I think we’re

3 Likes

While I support the efforts.

4 Likes

Sadly I have to agree.

Normally I am an optimist but even I can concede that there window of opportunity is now for meaningful Rogue feedback to impact Rogue shadowlands at launch.

Waiting till mid August will be too late to change such momentum.

2 Likes

How are there no meaningful changes?

Subtlety has returned to revolving around key Shadow Dance usage which people have been asking for since Legion.

Outlaw has had some massive improvements, Roll the Bones is now a CD with SnD returned, Between the Eyes has been turned into a debuff like Blood of the Enemy allowing for some interesting burst.

Assassination is mostly unchanged as there isn’t really anything wrong with it, however turning Toxic Blade into a baseline ability allows us to pick up Exsanguinate or another option with greatly improve player engagement in the rotation.

3 Likes

This is just objectively wrong. Rogues have been top tier for essentially all of Mythic+, even after the multiple nerfs to Outlaw it is still one of the better melee to play.

Raiding wise our class has also been in a pretty good spot, our DPS is balanced and very consistent on most bosses. Just because a few other classes are downright broken doesn’t mean we’re, “mid-tier at best”. This is also not even considering our great utility.

This part isn’t directed at you but it’s hard for devs to take a lot of these forums seriously when other Rogues are posting hyperbolic drama like this class is useless. If Warlocks, Fire Mages and BM were brought down a little bit we would be considered top tier. Not only did we get a lot of healthy changes in Shadowlands that players should be praising they instead cry about Gouge and say the class is garbage. :rofl:

3 Likes

Nah, people have always been asking for meaningful find weakness goes. Which highlights and REWARDS going for a re-stealth. It allowed for more decisions with vanish. Do I wanna use vanish defensively? Do I wanna use it to land a sap off blind or cross cc? Do I wanna use it to force a go? Shadow dance was just good because of energy reduct, and it was a tool to apply Find weakness. The whole spec did not flow around pressing dance.

You can not simply call SL sub prelegion sub. Because they are not the same fundamentally, or in the way they play out. Post legion rogue (sl included) forces the rogue to play hyper aggressive 24/7 and to always stay in combat. Because why go for a re, when you can recharge dances. Also pressing rupture or garrote mattered, as where in SL it does’t. Where as in pre legion sub we had sangveins which increased our damage done to targets with rup or garrote up on them. Once again in SL pressing rup does not apply said effect, making it kinda not worth pressing from a pvp pov.

SND will help with Shadowtech feeling more whole. But it is nowhere near as good as HAT. The readditions of poisons we shoulda had to begin with is nice. But they are nerfed, swapping to a target with no wound poison stacks is going to suck.

I’m not sure about that, from a pvp stand point I don’t know why anyone would waste time with this spec. RNG does not mix well at all in a pvp environment. Even with SND/BTE maitence it won’t make the spec consistent enough to play in pvp. Especially since it has no access to Step kicks, or step kidneys.

But hey the spec has one thing going right for it! Has gouge :smiley:

Which is my problem with Sin, it’s still a re-skinned feral druid. We just got more of the same boring game play. Nothing fun or interesting was added. We just have toxic blade baseline and snd. I would’ve like to at least seen blideside becoming passive.

They are just very underwhelming changes and over all boring. Will they help the class sure! But for the most part we are just getting things we should’ve never lost to begin with. These changes are just super boring compared to what other classes got. I wan’t you to take a quick look at wow head and take a quick look at what warriors will be getting in SL. Then I want you to compare it to what we got.

Also gouge needs to be returned for sub if they want to go down the route of having one dance. Even if that dance is on CDR gouge is still needed. I don’t think you have a grasp on how important gouge in pvp. It was a good interrupt, it was a nice way to help set up triple cc (everyone in the arena being cc’d), and was a nice peel. It also separates good rogues from bad.

5 Likes

The high uptime on find weaknesses shows that the devs don’t understand the motivation for players asking for find weakness to return. Find Weakness return was asked because players didn’t want shadow dance to be spammed and have multiple charges. Single shadow dance and vanish is more than enough to play with Find Weakness windows.

6 Likes

RtB: 50 energy for a maybe good, maybe bad is terrible gameplay, i hate RtB but i’d rather fish for the right buff. So unless they improve the actual buffs, its not an improvement.

BtE: is a straight up PvP nerf. As if Outlaw doesnt already have enough against it for PvP.

SnD: I dont oppose its return, but I didnt really miss it. for PvE it is simply a maintenance buff.

Poisons returning: again, I dont oppose their return, but didnt really miss them either.

I dont see massive improvements. I see a couple nerfs and a shift in damage application.

There is still the talent that is “Hiding in the shadows” we’ll see what that has to offer Outlaw. it is in the place where SnD currently is. it’s my hope that its something new that replaces RtB the way SnD does now.

I can guarantee that you in fact are not an optimist in your posts on the forums.

Maybe a bit. We still have Deepening Shadows last I checked. So, we’re still going to have more frequent Shadow Dances than pre-Legion. Which means, it’s burst potential will still be lower. And if Enveloping Shadow’s remains, that may be a problem, too.

People want the big Shadow Dance burst windows. I want Ambush/Shadowstrike to hit like a truck again. :frowning:

What about me? :smiley:

2 Likes