Beta invites decreasing

It’s only relevant if you’re an angry, uptight nerd weenie who feels that a beta invite is your god-given right and you’re looking for just any reason to be mad over a video game.

I subbed as soon as I heard about the beta, and they told me in chat that I wasn’t “opted-in” even though I was. I sent them a screen shot and haven’t heard back. I suspect only allowing streamers in was a marketing ploy.

“Can I get in the beta?”
“you have to have an active sub to get in the beta”
subscribe
“Now can I get in the beta?”
“No.”

Regardless, with streamers getting invited (which personally doesn’t bother me the slightest) its the fact that Blizzard had the nerve to charge its player base in order to be validated into getting an invite (slim chance) to test a 15 year old game.

It’s down right greedy and pathetic. I agree with you on that.

However, the part about streamers like I said before, don’t be fooled by this. Blizzard were not transparent about inviting specific players. Even then, streamers have gotten friends into beta who haven’t played WoW before at all (I believe a popular streamer got their GF playing for the first time cannot remember their name).

Blizzard have not been transparent about this. For people defending them saying its their “friends and family beta”, well Blizzard needs to be clear and concise because the community as a whole doesn’t know how this process works. So for anyone going after streamers, I think this is wrong, Blizzard is at fault.

I’ve fought with myself to overcome this petty attitude. Sure, I want beta, but was $15 that much for a shot? Not for anyone with a full-time job such as myself. I have gotten stress tess access. That has scratched an itch, but still it’s only two days at a time so it’s a “quick fix”.

I understand it, but I have decided it’s not worth my time to be upset. And if we didn’t sub it would be more BfA players testing it. Normally not a good thing.

2 Likes

You forgot one step:

2 Likes

It’s amazing the amount of whining people do over 15 bucks in these forums.

2 Likes

But mai moniez! :rofl:

2 Likes

You had to sub for a chance, and if you decided you wanted to take that chance and re-subbed that is on you. Its a beta acting like because you subbed again after not supporting the game for x amount of time earns you a invite is ridiculous. It wasnt a money grab, they did that so people who are subbed or are willing to sub have the opportunity and they wernt sending invites out to accounts that are not active , if your angry Streamers got priority how would have it felt if you had been playing BFA and an account that hasnt been active in 2 years got one, just because they went into their account page for the first time in 24 months and hit a check box.

Unfortunately, that argument would only make sense if unsubscribed players were allowed to opt-in on the condition they would have to subscribe in order to actually join. I would take that option. But that is not the option presented. The option is you must be subscribed to opt-in.

If number of years playing were a requirement to get into this beta then I would certainly have to be in this beta. :laughing:

That’s interesting. I see a lot of people very eager to join in the beta and help out. So far I have seen no one “whine” about “15 bucks”. :sunny:

Seriously I subbed the first day the waves of beta went out… Idk if it would have mattered if I subbed or not tbh.

the lack of invites is absurd how do they plan on raid testing if they wont open up invites

LOL, hard to be salty when you can say “I told you so”.

To be fair, I never got into a Beta even when I was playing very regularly, opted in as soon as they added that selection, so I wouldn’t even have expected or hoped for an invite without their sub requirement.

All the sub requirement did was prove to me how desperate Blizzard is to bump up numbers, much like their other promotions. WOW Classic release in August meant they needed a way to push Q2 numbers. It’s all business - not about players who love the game.

Are you for real?

If you read the original quote it says subscription or active game time on Battle Net. So yes there was a potential of getting in without a subscription, as it doesn’t even state you need World of Warcraft just Battle Net account.

Angry? Now it’s time to look up the word “irony” Derpa!

LOL

I opted in the Classic Beta Opt in before I used a token. Would I have been chosen? Probably not. But it is what it is… if you wanted to gamble for even the smallest chance… you subbed. At no time did anyone say subbing would get you in beta. You can’t get your money back on a losing lottery ticket.

They call the lottery a tax on the stupid… and maybe that’s what this was. But I’m stupid enough to not care, and got in the stress test. Playing it now as a matter of fact. But would not have complained if I had not been selected. I CHOSE to use a token for the remote chance.

They didn’t make you do anything. They stated that they’d pick beta participants out of existing subscribers. They let you know up front. They didn’t say all subs would get beta, or all subs past a particular age.

They didn’t force you to do anything. I’m sorry that you’re salty about this, but that’s on you not them.