(BETA) Dragonflight Priest Talent Tree Feedback Thread

So these Priest general changes were small, but pretty big.

Improved Flash Heal is where Leap of Faith was and you have to take it to node down. I think the biggest thing to note is they moved the node over from the previous Shadow Mend branch so you can take the talent so when you Flash Heal yourself you take -10% less damage for 10s. It also triggers off of Trail of Light. That’s honestly kind of big… you can keep a near persistent -10% damage reduction up on Holy on-top of the fade talent giving you a -10% damage reduction for 10s (bugged and not working atm).

Also, the Improved Flash Heal talent helps fix the throughput loss on Holy from having to cast Flash Heals more often due to how Lightweaver works. I’m pretty sure Flash Heal is going to get adjusted though.

Dominate Mind being on a 30s cd is also a really big change as well. You can basically thrall a creature an entire dungeon run and it makes the ability not useless like it was before. This is definitely going to be a very unique Priest utility buff.

Divine Word also has a description. It’s also pretty insane. +50% increased single target damage and smite has a 40% chance to cast Holy Fire.

1 Like

I kinda expect dominate mind to be nerfed, but hope it goes through because that is some seriously cool utility despite the maintenance of recasting it all the time.

Though, the entire shadowmend->flash heal rework is a dumpster fire for any spec that isn’t holy or PvE and needs to be re-looked at.

2 Likes

I’m probably over-reacting, but I’m trying to rationalize why I would ever play Disc in PvP at this point over Holy for healing. Pain Sup and Dome don’t really seem worth it vs the number of useful abilities that Holy gets.

Holy has also been nerfed a lot though in arenas.

Disc doesn’t really have anything to speak of in arena right now though.

Trinity kinda sucks considering it only can be applied through PW:S which has a CD now.

Holy now has the burst advantage because of Empyreal, divine word, burning vehemence - and PvP is all about burst right now. They’ve also got the healing throughput advantage and Disc no longer has dual-spell schools so it can’t hold that over holy either.

Also I very much expect that trail of light thing to be a bug. If it’s not Blizzard is out of their minds.

I don’t think it’s a bug because Inspiration also triggers off of Trail of Light as well. Technically you get a -15% DR on yourself…

Im finiding with this iteration im lacking many interesting choices which is dissapointing. Im having less damn i really want that and that but cant, esepcially in the class tree

Says this for Mastermind…

Category changed from Talents to Uncategorized

No longer in the talents and doesn’t appear as a baseline class/spec ability.

Anyone know where this is at? It doesn’t say it was removed so its interesting as I like Mastermind but not sure where we get it at.

Looks like we got some more developer feedback:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-priests/1279512/756

1 Like

At least they were polite this time. And hopefully they bring back Cascade, it’s just a much cooler spell than either Halo or Divine Star.

1 Like

Cascade was before my time. I read the description and it looks pretty interesting. Almost like chain heal on crack.

1 Like

And just visually and viscerally watching Cascade blanket out over a raid was incredibly satisfying and of course particularly useful for spread fights.

My biggest issue with the shadow mend changes for shadow is that currently on live, before flash heal even upgrades to shadow mend, flash heal takes you out of shadowform thus wasting a gcd just to swap back into it. It’s annoying and I’m really hoping it’s not like that in DF but knowing blizzard, it probably is.

I do like the change you basically don’t have to dump any points into Dispel Magic / Improved Purify to move down the tree. For most raid encounters that’s 2 points you can save.

I’m going to test Dominant Mind while leveling on the beta though.

They changed Dragongliding a lot this patch. It feels a lot better.

As of a couple beta patches ago, holy spells no longer pull you out of Shadowform. Or at least they’re not supposed to anyway.

1 Like

Dominant Mind is so op. lol I’m on the beta and I MC’d an elite and it’s been my pet for the last 10 minutes.

Casting holy spells no longer removes you from Shadowform as of DF.

I went Shadow and just confirmed that Flash Heal doesn’t remove you out of Shadow Form.

Can you use them in void form, though? I know this was a weird thing in Slands - Shadow Form still allowed some spell casts that VF didn’t.

Saw the update just now. I think having Halo and Cascade would be a bit redundant since they essentially serve the same purpose… but if I had the option I would choose cascade every time. It’s more controlled and estheticlly pleasing.