(BETA) Dragonflight Priest Talent Tree Feedback Thread

For warning, I was missing my hands lmao. But w.e its just a reference comparison in strength of PWS vs your other heal spells.

Also, the hand armor piece didn’t increase my power much anyways. Numbers still roughly same cuze my gear sucks.

I hope my WRATH CLASSIC reference helps show and compare PWS’s Strength vs the rest of the kit a bit. I think it should return to a similar strength IMO. At least this is my Dream for one day in wow lol.

2 Likes

How about shadow 0.5?

1 Like

I wouldn’t look too hard into PW:S currently being weak, that’s mostly a numbers issue and number tuning comes way late in the process. My understanding is the intent is for it to feel stronger, and it just got some basic boosts to start.

I strong PWS might solve the dr problem all the Raiders complain about if used in conjunction with desperate prayer.

Has anyone tested Divine Aegis out yet along with the other bubble disc nodes?

Nah, Affliction locks heal more than Disc right now…

What’s up with the hur dur people flooding this thread all of a sudden?

Haven’t seen anything so far. Would like more juice on that topic as well.

1 Like

People are complaining about disc using renew or flash heal apparently…

NEW time cost
Renew CD = GCD
Flash Heal = cast time of flash heal

OLD time cost
PWS CD = GCD
Shadow Mend = cast time of Shadow Mend

why are people complaining?

1 Like

something something button bloat something something i dont wanna push holy buttons.

not my words but a summary

1 Like

The button bloat I’m worried about is HW:Life, Shadowmend, Shadowfiend, maybe Mindgames, PoH, maybe this Empyreal Blaze, etc. etc. all joining the hot bars. I can’t even wrap my mind around Binding Heal not just going away.

But if history is any indication they’ll find a way to make several filler spells much more useless than the others.

1 Like

i mean you asked

I am fine with Flash heal, pom, and renew returning back to all spec’s roots.
These specs were able to do this before, and with the introduction of merging the specs back to the root, “the Class itself,” I think it’s a healthy thing to do.

I just want to emphasize that if we do this, then spells like Power Word Shield needs to be able to contest. In at least bC/wrath for PWS, its power rivaled the other spells and as I showed, was prob even a bit greater. Only Greater heal really outdid it.

As for button Bloat.

I think the devs should focus on making the core aspects of priests and their corresponding specs + spells to Feel good to press, rather than throw a bunch of throwbacks spells to make us feel happy for now as they buy time to really bring everything together.

Pretty much, I would prefer less bloat, as well as more power to the spell I currently have. The more spells you get, I feel like the more they end up powering down everything overall. Just look how Waterdown PWS and Devour plague is.

Just giving my thooughts. Core spells need to feel good for all specs.
Once we got that working, See what spells from the past can be kept, what can be changed/reworked, and what can be removed.

Not sure what direction they might take any spec into right now, but as long as they keep their individuality while working smooth, then i am fine.

I just don’t want something clunky because they either don’t know what they are doing or are too busy trying to please everyone.

2 Likes

I really am not sure I understand what you’re even trying to get at with this?

Disc doesn’t have anything like this except one talent - and that talent’s not likely to be played around at all?

Also the spec didn’t change much like at all. All that changed was PW:S got replaced by Renew and became a slightly better shield at the cost of a cooldown - and Shadowmend can’t be spammed anymore (which you didn’t wanna do anyway). In SL they weren’t taken for mitigation, they were taken for extremely high burst healing, and in early nathria specifically that was done with Spirit Shell.

PW:S hasn’t been a main source of healing since WoD. And in legion, clarity of will was tuned terribly and barely even functioned - nobody that was playing Disc at a mythic level was even trying to use it, because it was like healing with greater heal on Holy priest - just bad all around.

The shift was because we ended with dead talents with this focus to a class driven talents.
Disc didn’t have use for renew, wich are in the class tree.
Holy didn’t have much use for shadowmend if was not for PvP interrupt or this new empowerement.
PW:Shield was undertuned for everyone and disc just used as an atonement applicator, to buff it for other specs to use, or even disc, it has to have this CD.
I personally dislike the shift from shadowmend to flash heal, but that left us with some empowerements we still need to see how will turn out.

They still are their own spec, really far apart. Flash heal and renew are not strong for any of them.

1 Like

So you’re implying that pw:shield and shadowmend are strong on live?

Having renew as an atonement applicator when you want to apply to someone who received damage makes a lot more sense. Pw:shield still apply it as well. And you’re basically just using flash heal instead of shadowmend (that becomes optionnal and stronger) it’s basically the same thing you have 1 new button baseline that is cheaper as well.

They are doing exactly what you’re saying they should by making the baseline stronger for all 3 specs. Pw:s is basically useless on live for holy/shadow.

1 Like

Well, if a dps takes damage, you pw:s him and atonement heal him up. If during the time you heal him up he doesn’t take any damage for 15 sec, that’s a lot of mana that goes down the drain for a shield that overhealed.

This happens more often than not. I’d rather put my shield on someone I know will use 100% of the absorb all the time.

I’m not advocating for renew but having a stronger shield has to have its implication and renew isn’t a bad idea although it’s adding bloat, sure. But what would you suggest otherwise?

For shadowmend I dunno yet if I like the idea. I’d just replace baseline flash heal and would go to HW:Life if in need of a big heal.

1 Like

But we are gaining less skills than we are losing, we just have to adapt.

1 Like

I’d remind everyone that disc in legion used to have a spell with the single purpose of applying atonement, called plea. This allowed power word shield to continue to stand on its own and be a big absorb that wasn’t spammable and had uses in dungeons and PvP.

This is the same thing. Shield back to being chonky and on a cooldown, and renew as the applicator replacing plea.

10 Likes

Yes plea was soooo bad, it lasted as long as legion.
I only played with the calculator a little. I don’t see discipline losing more and one skill. Just shadow covenant, are they all in shadow. I can see 3 or 4 added.