Beta access

You should know more then joblow who hasn’t driven a Mazda before, and if you were half competent with cars, yes you should have learnt a lot in 10 years.

But yet, they get these “professional automotive testers” instead just so they can hype the product! It’s so unfair!

If you want to help with the beta, but not be a part of it. I got an idea! Watch streamers! If you see a bug they aren’t reporting (Cause apparently no one in the beta is using it for proper purposes according to one person) you can report it for them!

There, now you can garuntee single handedly a good launch! :smiley:

Unless you are able to contribute something to improve the Heroic Quagmirran solo, you aren’t useful. Based on your crying in this thread I doubt you could even do a DMT.

And at this point the major problems have been documented and we are just waiting to confirm they fixed it.

You personally being in the beta means nothing. Get over yourself and stop crying.

who knows most the streamers dont even play the beta any more

Actually filling in the feedback quest pop ups instead of blindly clicking through them … but as already established its not like they get actioned all that much, its triage fix the gamebreaking stuff, get around to the potential issues when they actually are problems not theoretical ones.

Why wouldnt you? Once upon a time feedback on negative gameplay experiences e.g low quest drop rates, mob spawns , quests too spread out or zones losing flow or excessive doubling back/unclear progression or other bottlenecks slowing down the player used to be valauble (in aggregate)… as developers they should have the tools in place to collate and aggregate player feedback without being a manual check one by one process.

That said there is a MASSIVE talent vacuum right now where the old guard are leaving and the new crop coming up, cant wait to see what they do with the game (Ion I think really needs to be replaced from game director duties and let him focus on encounter).

This just isn’t true, they are taking the modern game client and porting it back to an older data model, its not like this is a 1:1 relaunch of TBC. Lots can go wrong.

Oh really… how do you figure?

Lol, because exploiting mob pathing is a definition of skill? Yes I have sir, do I pass your skill test?

I don’t think that I am super special and will single handedly bring classic back from the brink of disaster, you trolls are so cute. I don’t agree with the logic of giving beta access to anyone with over 10k subscribers. Atleast after they get their free advertising they could prioritize those who might actually be able to identify discrepancies between the beta and the original, or even give a more informed opinion on potention deviations from the original. The lottery with such limited numbers just isn’t the most effective way to obtain useful testers.

I don’t doubt that quite a few of the popular content creators that have a focus on wow content will provide good feedback. But I’ve seen plenty of lesser known content creators get overlooked, while others that literally have no prior or very little prior wow experience get access because they have better luck with platform algorithms.

That’s the point. There’s more to it than just that. And it’s obvious you won’t be able to contribute to improving it.

All the real testing hunters care about was done and confirmed weeks ago. We’re just waiting to see how it all develops.

So you don’t matter.

Media gets in first, that’s how it’s always been for every new release of anything.

You can’t contribute anything and don’t know how to boost your selection metrics so you deal with the lottery. Get over it cry baby.

Oh I don’t know, by looking at what’s happening in game and in the game related news?

Would have figured you being the expert you (apparently) are could figure it out, big assumption…

Oh look. Another one of these threads!

You do qualify.

That is as long as you clicked the beta sign up button. For some reason I am assuming you didnt.

1 Like

That doesn’t make you a good tester. Do you know WHAT to put into a bug report? What information is crucial (without that, the devs can’t find the bug, to start fixing it)?

Or do you just imagine that you can simply play, and give a vague comment that something didn’t work, and devs will be able to find the bug? That is SO untrue! In your bug report, you need to give so many details (what you were doing, where, how) that devs can do the same thing and see the bug happen. That’s step 1 of fixing a bug: devs make it happen, over and over.

And the beta is not “early access to a working game”. Nothing works. Nothing has to work. Beta players don’t get special “quick fixes” so they can play. You aren’t here to play. You are here to test things. If you think you “deserve” Beta access – they probably don’t want you.

I’ve had beta for awhile now, didn’t even install it. Don’t plan to either.

1 Like

As a player, you have no input to Blizzard’s business dealings. They are a money-making business. Companies spend billions of dollars for advertising. If streamers give Blizzard free advertising, they’ll take it. So would any other company.

You seem to be confused. Blizzard is a business. Do you post on Apple forums, telling them not to advertise i-phones because you “don’t agree”?

Umm, thats sort of the point I’m making, you need testers that recognise the bug / mistake in the first place and then that person needs to give an accurate report. How are you suppose the achieve getting this level of tester with advertisements / lottery? Really without selectively picking knowledgeable testers they will not get the level of reporting you are describing.

Hence the reason for my post, this company doesn’t run effective testing, nor do they care when they release the game buggy à la CDPR and cyberpunk. This is a major problem with the greedy business model companies like Activision Blizzard are using.

If they actually tested their game people like myself wouldn’t have to report bugs for a broken class for months as if the launched game is the beta, as was the case with classic.

It won’t bother them though as the media that gets free access barely look into the game enough to see the issues and give it a 9/10 anyway. So the cycle continues, hopefully they get it right and if not, hopefully they get crucified like CDPR.

honestly they start with friends and family and the blizzard in house people. they test things that are on the queue to test but that only goes so far.

they add in streamers and a random assortment of lottery winners who test play many different things at once due to the random focus they have laid out .

some test questing. some test dungeons. some test farming ore and herbs and skinns and even motes and primals.

some like me test the starting areas for the draenei and bloodelves cause thats what my focus and want to do is.

the random people being random in their focus permeate through the game and report bugs in all facets of the game.

its truly a lotto after the targeted invites.

and that is perfectly fine as a way of testing.

Who’s more likely to spot a bug, you? Or A dude streaming to an audience of 100k people, of which, a non-negligible portion have an audience with as much experience as you. It’s both monetarily more effective, and from a QA standpoint, more effective for blizzard.

Sincerely,
A Vanilla Player Who Doesn’t Feel Entitled to Beta

P.S. No, I don’t watch any streamers. Just pointing out the obvious point of logic you seemed to miss.

Yeah thats a valid point, I guess my concern lies in those unfamiliar with TBC won’t know what is and isnt accurate rather then general bugs. Really the bigger issue is blizzard actually acting on the reports as they done a terrible job with classic.

thats true in a way. i believe the in house testers know more about what they are testing class wise and what not.

if you get a chance look up the beta forums. theres a list every now and then that shows bugs they are aware of (mind you its not all encircling) . they have also acted and done things that we werent aware of prior like the professions being mandatory for some stuff and other changes.

as a person who reads alot of this i can tell you there is rich and full testing going on.

It’s not invaluable to have a player who wasn’t in original TBC participate either. They are just as likely to report things that obviously feel broken. A veteran TBC player would be looking at specific minutia which a good majority of players probably will never care about, like totem twisting or seal twisting interactions/etc.

Its good to have diversity in testing. Even on a re-release. I agree though, any testing that Blizzard isn’t responding too is a waste. I’m still in a camp waiting for them to fulfill their promise on not making LW feel mandatory.

1 Like

First, it’s not just streamers in the game.
Second, lots of bugs are being reported by lots of us that played authentic TBC.
Third, are you just mad you didn’t get in and feel you are intitled somehow?

Things are being reported, and things are being addressed. You know how I know? Because I follow my reports as well as others. I check back on each report to validate if it was resolved or not. Some have, some have not.

I am sorry you didn’t get picked yet. But you, like myself and everyone else, are just another player.

Excellent point! Often the hardest bugs in development to spot and fix are the ones under the dev’s nose because they are used to taking what is called the “happy path”. Put the product in front of a stranger to it and they will uncover things you will have never thought of because you know how it’s SUPPOSED to work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.