Best World for Battlepets?

Hello! I’m a returning player (Bit over 3 years) and collecting battle pets is one of the things that keeps me coming back. Is there a specific world that is best for battle pet trading/collecting etc.?

I really would like to join dungeons/raids etc that have battle pet drops but don’t really know the best way to do so.

Any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for taking a look

• Dach

You can go back to old content and solo most dungeons and raids after you’ve sufficiently out leveled.

What I did was take a look at “Raiding with Leashes” achievements, and go to each of the Raids once a week (solo) trying for the various battle pets that drop and count toward RWL achievements.

Sure, you can buy most of them if you have the gold, but it’s more fun going back and soloing the raids that were white knuckle encounters when you were level appropriate. I have been guilty of buying some of the pets when I get fed up with the cruel mistress of RNG, but was surprised by how many pets I got as dropped once I started going around to the various raids.

One warning – as of Tuesday the 12th, some of these encounters will be harder to get to when they get rid of the extraneous (Blizzard’s opinion, not pet collector’s opinion) portals. Gone will be Karazhan and Caverns of Time and some others, so you’ll have to work for Raiding With Leashes after 8.1.5 patch.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip on Raiding with Leashes, I will see if I can get that going. My max is a 110 so I assume I can do quite a few of them easily but once 120, the old “white knuckle” raids will be cake.

Do you happen to know what pets come from those areas? Sorry, it’s been a long time and I’m still playing catch-up.

1 Like

The original version of Karazhan, the BC raid has 4 pet drops for one of the Raiding with Leashes, and Caverns of Time accesses both the Mt. Hyjal raid and the Dragon Soul raid, both have pets for a couple of the other Raiding with Leashes achievements.

1 Like

My old possibly-not-full check list from when I was farming them:

Raiding 2
(Old) Kara: Terestian Illhoof drops Fiendish Imp ; Prince Melechezzar drops Nether Abyssal ; Curator drops one ; Wizard of Oz event in theater drops Lil Bad Wolf

Coilfang Rervoir: Hydross drops Tainted Waveling ; Morgrim Tidewell drops Tideskipper ; Lady Vashj drops Coilfang Stalker.

Raiding 3

Hyjal Summit - Ametheron (boss 2) drops Stinkrot ; Azgalor (boss 4) drops Grotesque ; Archimonde (last boss) drops Hyjal Wisp

Sunwell Plateau - Muru/Entropuss drops Chaos Pup ; Brutealus drops Sunbalde Micro

Black Temple - Reliquary of the Lost drops 3 pets, only one at a time, and you can get duplicates before you get all 3 - Fragment of Suffering, Fragment of Anger and Fragment of Desire.

Raiding 4

Ice Crown Citadel - Lich King (Nightmare mode) the mount but Normal mode can drop Drudge Ghoul pet (if my scratchy notes are correct).

Trial of the Crusader - Annub’Arrak drops Nerubian pet

Ulduar - Razorscale drops Iron Bound Proto

Raiding 5

Twilight raid - Twilight Clutch Sister

Firelands raid - Blazehound

Others for RWL5 that I don’t have sources of specific pets, but you can Wowhead them…

Tinytron, Rattlejaw, Bound Stream, Drafty, Discarded Experiment

And as mentioned elsewhere from this forum, there will be a new Raiding With Leashes (coming soon) based on Pandaria raids.

2 Likes

This was so helpful. Gave me a good place to start. Actually had time to run two of them today. No luck on pets, but sure was fun running through and one hitting everything.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Fantastic!

Motivation became my biggest factor, it can take some time and effort to go to all the raids, and keep up with the pets that are still on the list. I combined it with the old school raid mount list and ( TRIED TO ) keep up with the weekly runs. The greatest threat to success and motivation is the extremely low drop rates (mainly on the mounts) – you can get discouraged after multiple weeks and months (and ugh, years) of trying the same raid(s) for the same set of mounts and pets.

I added checking the AH for the cheapest pets to knock off the achievement and finally got RWL 1 - 5 completed by farming and buying.

If RWL6 drops on the 12th of March, it will give me another series of Pandaren raids to (initially) farm for a new achievement.

Good luck with finding the various little guys. It can be fun finding one in an ancient raid and that can keep you going (for a while).