Best way to record WoW?

i use the streamlabs obs thing

really easy and the quality of the videos is pretty good :+1:

One other thing I didn’t think of mentioning.

Are you looking to ONLY record or do you stream? The reason I ask is because if you stream and if your smaller clips are just single takes. You don’t even need editing, just head into your VoD and clip it there manually.

Or, if you have StreamElements set up, set up a !Clip command that can be typed in chat to auto grab things. Have to go find a custom API code though.

I have negative interest in streaming or doing anything online, I want to record short clips in WoW and either upload them to my personal/private YouTube but also considered making my own personal gifs with them.

I am not technical minded so we will see if that actually ever happens but there’s websites you can upload videos to and make gifs so it can’t be too hard.

Fair, in which case I’d recommend OBS and HitFilm. With OBS set up your Output to be in MP4 format, put in your game feed, game audio. Mic and Cam if you putting yourself in there too.

HitFilm you can load the overall video in and then there’s some very intuitive icons like a razor to clip sections, etc, if you’re needing to combine pieces of different parts of the video.

Here’s a recorded WoW video also with Shadowplay but using an older card during BFA days. My above video on D2R and AoE4 was with the newer card but with the reduced video size. There’s no video lag. It seems okay.

1 Like