Best VPN for gaming?

But do they do anything with that information even? I’ve never had my ISP do anything because of any website I was on or any video I watched.

Halfway in the thread does one singular person get suspicious, and it’s likely about a made up scenario.

I struggle to understand why the average internet user has a need for a vpn is all.

Tracking, advertising, selling to information brokers, ad injection, redirection of traffic. I just like to browse cat pictures and watch forum drama privately while also pretending that I am from Montreal.

It’s also useful to protect your privacy when on an untrusted network, or to appear to be coming from the same source even when you’re at a coffee shop instead of home. Some networks will also block content- you think my oncologist is going to stop me from browsing cat pictures and the WoW forums? lol, no. If I am going to suffer, I will suffer with a steady supply of cat pictures and forum drama!

1 Like

I know, I’m just saying this from a perspective that can’t help but notice people aren’t thinking they’re doing something bad.

VPNs also serve to reroute your connection to game servers. Sometimes this increases lag, and sometimes it actually decreases it! I was looking for something to decrease my latency, since my ISP says they cant fix the issue and Blizzard says its on the ISPs end (its on the backbone between my ISP and Blizzard)

There is a VPN just for this sole purpose for gamers called Haste. I tried it tonight and my latency has stopped spiking and is stable around 40ms now.

Im also going to try surfshark.

Its not about privacy for me but the built in ad block is nice too.

1 Like

i’ve been using ExpressVPN for about two months now. primarily because my ISPs here in Philippines typically route my traffic to nodes that filter out the ability to access stuff in USA.

i was going to try ExitLag but they no longer had a trial period, at least when i made my account with them just before i went with ExpressVPN

I recently downloaded a torrent of an episode of a ‘TV show’. Literally as soon as the download was complete, I received a cease and desist email from Comcast that instructed me to delete the file immediately (which I did… immediately after I watched the episode).

I’m usually Dutch.

Well that is illegal, but most of the population has pirated some game/music/media at this point so their cease and desist means nothing.

So is speeding, but you have to get caught to get in trouble.

Me too. Never had a problem

Just because i have nothing to hide it does not mean i want my browsing habits sold to advertisers.
Oh and expressvpn has been good. 2 years or so with them.

1 Like

Just don’t use a free vpn. Those are shady

1 Like

What Rosenivy said.

When you’re using a VPN while living on the west coast and the VPN puts you in Europe or something. Does that mess with your latency in game?

If it’s good enough for Ozzyman, it’s good enough for me, lol.

I’ve tried a couple if different VPN’s and to me ExpressVPN is by far the best.

I use Mullvad, mostly because they are based in Sweden outside of the US warrant law, it’ll run you $6 a month though.

I’m on the East Coast, this is my latency VPN’d to Manchester UK

https://i.postimg.cc/Y0Jjb5C6/image.png

This is my latency with my VPN off

https://i.postimg.cc/DZrSkFnD/image.png

You can choose where you want to be VPN’d

https://www.vpnmentor.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/mullvad-review-14.png

So if you just want private browsing you can VPN to somewhere nearby