Best Torghast spec

I really, really dislike Torghast. I am a resto Druid that needs to DK it to get my leggo… which is the easiest spec?

Easiest I’ve done is guardian. Fastest I’ve done is feral (like 20 mins start to finish). Haven’t done balance or resto.

1 Like

I do it as bear. I try to sneak past as much as I can unless I needed some powers.

Resto/boomy affinity isn’t bad either. Remember the mobs scale lower for healers and tanks.

It’s why it’s usually easier for me to do my priest as holy than shadow.

1 Like

Depends how you define “easy”… resto tends to get the prickling thorns power more than other specs (I don’t remember the name, but it makes entangling roots deal heavy damage and doesn’t initiate combat btw).

thus I’d argue that is “easiest”, albeit it will take the longest. I don’t think I have ever had a resto run where I didn’t get this power on floor 1… then > Root elites > watch them melt /recast roots as needed > use balance affinity to smoke the non elites and GGs. Gets faster as you stack multiples of that prickling thorns power

This late in the patch, you’ll probably overgear torghast, and if that’s the case, I would go guardian or feral, as suggested, for speedier runs.

I used to use the resto roots method when I wanted to semi afk during runs.

Yeah, feral is fast. I’ve done it in 15min. You just stealth through and only grab the powers, then Convoke the bosses.

You could probably do the same with Balance and take Feral affinity for the speed.

I hear that Rest/Feral is pretty good as well. I have only done Torgast in groups. If I am solo I run as a bear.

All should do groups. I did by my self as resto at layer 7 and it was challenging at the last boss where I killed everything. I failed at the last boss 3 times. I then joined a group for layer 8. We skipped a lot and killed the boss one shot easily within like 20 mins.

I’m also restoration and in torghast I have tried every other spec and found that moonkin is by far the superior spec.

if you’re having a hard time with item level try to go after root buffs with the dot and explosion buff you can get to the point where your massroots are doing serious damage.

if that’s not an issue then go for convoke and starsurge buffs.

Took your advice and did it in a group. Way better than solo… went fast, we had big pulls, and I got to focus on healing and what not.

2 Likes

Guardian, Feral, and Balance are all very good (especially if you have gear to boot).

My record time in a layer 8 run as feral is 8 minutes and 23 seconds. Didn’t know I had to log the run though… so no proof to back it up :frowning:. Going to try for a sub 7-minute speedrun this week.

I’ve only run it as feral, it’s quite easy and the abilities you can get are pretty strong.

1 Like

I regularly do layer 8 as resto with feral affinity. Mobs have less health if you’re tank or heals and resto pumps damage. I don’t run convoke and pulling 13k dps is normal and with way less health the bosses drop.

I find guardian insanely boring and very mediocre on single target fight.

Also if you go as resto drop all your mastery for vers if you can. I go on full pvp gear

I’ve done Torghast as Resto, Guardian and Feral. Resto and Guardian are safe, but slow. Feral is much faster, and still pretty rugged with either Resto or Guardian affinity. If you’re not happy with the way things are going, you can change your spec and/or adjust your talents on floors 3 and 6 inside the broker’s bubble.

Bear. I’ve tried as feral and there are certain mobs that just wreck you. Where as bear it is a breeze. Takes a bit longer because the damage output isn’t there but at least you won’t die.

I was able to solo it as early as 175ilvl as resto with feral aff. And fly through it pretty recklessly at 200ilvl now.

Shamans are gods in Torghast but Druids are really strong too. My priest is the only class that really kinda had it bad in Torghast imo.