Best spec for pvp?

I play ele and I’m trying to get better at pvp but I keep getting creamed. I feel weak and like I’m too slow before I really get to use my stronger abilities. Should I switch to enh? My ilvl is 430 btw.

Enhance is having a way harder time, because you are just as squishy, but have to be in melee range…

430 is pretty low, but that will improve as you play (slowly if you only pvp), but try to get as much versatility as you possibly can, including the vers% corruption that is on the vendor today.

Other than that, learn to keep your distance as much as you can, you have a lot of tools to kite and you can stay at range to do damage. Abuse that as much as possible.

2 Likes

I actually prefer Enhance for pvp. As Ele I feel like i’m targeted more or focused by rogues and others. As Enhance I feel like people just look over me. The reality for me is it depends on the BG. If it’s a larger field and I can turret, i’ll go Ele. If not, Enhance all the way.

best shaman spec for pvp is simple: blizzard doesn’t want you to be effective in anything, so find another class to play until about 3/4 of the expansion is done and shamans get buffed to be just barely functional

BGs are easy and any apec in the game can go 20-0. If you mean what’s more competitive in arena its Resto/Ele.

Ele is very strong in 3v3, but you need 3 lava shock traits. Your goals are (in this order) 1) survive 2) keep flame shock 3) disrupt (purge, kick, grounding, etc…). When you have 20 lava shock stacks, you can combine with stormkeeper and maybe skyfury for some massive instant burst damage