Best spec for PvP 9.1?

I’ve been gone since Jan and I’m trying to get a sense of what spec feels the best for PvP with all of the changes. Is it too early to tell or is it looking like assassination is the way to go now?

Sin is predicted S tier
Sub is predicted A tier

Outlaw isnt viable

What’s S tier compared to A?

Generally means very strong.

A means pretty good but not as good as S,

1 Like

Any source in particular you’d recommend that has more information about these predictions? Would love read some discussion / analysis that goes into more detail.

Supatease has a video out on YouTube.

Sin and sub are pretty equal but sub is limited to mostly RMX. Sub has better ST burst but sin has better spread damage and rot damage plus vendetta goes can be nasty.

Outlaw is just a dumpster fire.

Assassination is king of Kings. It has held the title since Legion.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

Sin for 3s unless you’re cracked and can perfectly execute triple cc set ups. Sub will be better in rogue mage 2s though.

tested a bit of 2s at 2400+ mmr, necrolord assa is incredibly strong atm. shiv ms is insane pressure and now we have dismantle to deal with warriors, which were rogues biggest counter.

I would say assa is better than sub for anything but rogue mage, but yeah it’s early patch so everything is subject to change

2 Likes

Nope wrong. It has been where it belongs the last season. Its a pve spec. Complete garbage and is still that way. BFA isnt coming back guys. Pveing people down in pvp shouldn’t be profitable ever. Why would sub need nerfed and not trashassination, if trashassination wasnt trash.

thinking your class has designated “pvp” and “pve” specs is pretty dumb. no other class in the game does this.

2 Likes

Warriors do, but yeah I agree. Idk rogue just feels like such a problematic class, but man its fun to play

Sin is currently the top pvp spec for rogue.

1 Like

Ramp up time is feeling so bad in arena skirms without a healer lol. It’s funny how exact opposite Sub and Sin play.

Sin has the most applicable power in arena, no one here is good enough to tell you where rogue will be relative to other classes.

That’s actually false but ok

So in other words pve’ing people down is the “most applicable power” in arena. I think you are full of :poop::poop::poop:.

Even a super casual like me that crafts hexweave bags on the side can tell you that Hemotoxin is legit.

I mean Pikaboo was about to have a permanent smile on his face.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

Sustained damage isn’t “pveing” people down. Both specs are good in arena. Sub for strong control and burst damage, assassination for limiting healing, moderate control, and great sustained damage pressure. Why are you gatekeeping for no reason?

4 Likes

I have been pushing 2’s as Assassination and I’m loving the pressure I can spread as well as the de-buffing using shiv/hemotoxin. Even though blizz nerfed the MA leggo you can still get some amazing burst as assassination. I am necro so i love the extra survivability as well and bone spikes helps secure a kill from 30 yds. I have also crafted the Doomblade leggo to mess with for the extra bleed and envenom damage. So far so good! I have loved doing 2’s with a healer preferably a priest. What are your guys thoughts/ setups in 9.1 these days?

2 Likes