Best Route Pandaia Battle Pets - Update

Not going to necro the original thread on this topic, it had gotten a bit lengthy and off-topic, but pretty much all of the suggestions were based on having a portal to one of the shrines in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Which seems to have been removed entirely in 8.5.1 in another of Blizzard’s “improvements” if you’re not a mage.

Assume something similar for horde, but with alliance there’s now a portal to Paw’don Village in the upgraded Mage Tower in Stormwind. Assuming someone doing the Pandaria trainer circuit regularly would now start there and begin with Hyuna in Jade Forest, need to rethink our travel routing.

1 Like

Actually, the route I suggested only required a hearth to Shrine. That was more valuable before the portal changes, but still doable…just annoying now.

If you still want to use the pawdon portal, this is an untested suggestion:
Cymre -> Gargra -> Tarr
Get to SW then pawdon
Murok -> Flowing -> Shu -> Yon -> Burning -> Zusshi
Hearth to Garrison
Ashlei ->Vesharr->Taralune
Get to SW then pawdon
Hyuna -> Whispering -> Thundering -> Aki -> Nishi
hearth to Garrison

I don’t know if it is doable in an hour that way or not. It is most likely slower than the original route I suggested with using your hearth to get to shrine.

It might also be faster to tack Nishi onto the beginning of the first Mists leg instead of the end of the 2nd leg. I didn’t do any testing on which distance is shorter.