Best rogue spec for PVP?

Thinking of playing rogue for the first time in a decade, i am not a huge fan of assassination so i was wondering if combat or sub was any good at the moment?

any pro pvpers know what its like in end game?

Outlaw is best for everything, but play what you want, IMO all 3 are big fun.

3 Likes

1 tap build in sub or assassination for bgs

I haven’t tried assassination yet in DF, but Sub offers great burst but feels awful if your target doesn’t die during that burst window. Outlaw is great at throughput and consistency but is less bursty. I would say Outlaw for BGs, but maybe Sub for open world PvP or Arenas.

Sub definitely for BG’s my G -

Just play the objectives and do the things - kill FC’s and orbs with your insane burst/stunlock. You won’t top meters but you will contribute heavily to progressing objectives, one game I had 4 flag returns.

3 Likes

Idk man if you’re going off solo to try to make hero plays I’d say sub. If you’re playing with the squad on the big objectives I’d say Outlaw. They both have their place.

3 Likes

I agree

In bgs you rarely have the opportunity to use the sub kill kit to it’s potential

All i play is sub im bgs and i love it. BUT i care less about kills then making plays.

Stealth capping or sap capping.
Peeling for FC, or stunning healers to kill EFC.
I feel like with sub i have so many ways to effect the outcome even if i only end up with 1 KB all game.

Thats just the play style i prefer and no one does it as good as sub IMO.

2 Likes

Even when sub will eventually get nerfed into the ground early-mid expansion (as they historically tend to be) I’m still sticking with it for this expansion. Double vanish(or three vanishes in your case, NE), double shadowstep, frickin’ double shadow dance with 30% hp regen per!?(for now, maybe… You know Blizzard :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: )Can’t possibly live without it. My god, it’s just so powerful. So survivable. I pray that that at least will never be taken away or diminished.

I actually play undead rogue mainly atm. This is my wrath toon in picture. I will level a NE rogue at some point though cause i like having one on each side.

Alliance:
NE Rogue
Dark Iron shaman

Horde:
Undead Rogue
Tauren Druid

Those are my plans to level atm. Rogue will be my main on both sides. May also level a lock and priest but not sure yet.

Rogue is just too much fun pvp wise. I cant imagine having a better time on any other class.

in DF or on wotlk? Wotlk mage & warlock give rogue a run for the fun money IMO.