Best race for druids 8.3

Imagine this.

Your best friends will begin to play druid, unsure which content he will be doing.

What would be the best druids for these categories?

1. Healing
  2. DPS.
  3. Tanking.
  4. Aesthetics.
  5. Overall best race per faction.

I wish I could be a blood elf druid, iffy about making a night elf female.

Results are marginal, so general advice is choose what you enjoy aesthetically butā€¦

Troll racial boosts haste so Iā€™d say has an edge for healing and balance specs. Personally, I like troll aesthetically over Tauren.

Tauren war stomp racial is nice for pvp and they have extra stamina so they have an edge for tanking.

For alliance, I would say night elf hands down. Shadowmeld basically gives druids a way to drop combat and stealth, which can be great for feral dps and obviously pvp.

1 Like

Iā€™ll throw in my .02

As a Tauren Iā€™ve found warstomp to be really good for mythic +. An aoe stun on something like a 2 minute cooldown is really nice utility. I just race changed to this guy today and I gotta say Iā€™m liking the new forms (and caster model as well). It seems like Zandalari trolls and darkspear trolls have an edge in dps with Embrace of the Loa and Berserking, respectfully. Furthermore, Embrace of the Loa can be changed to suit healing or tanking needs as well.

1 Like

First of all I know this advice isnā€™t what you are looking for, but tell him to check animations and mogs and pick whichever class seems the best for him. Racials are quite balanced nowadays (except in a few scenarios Iā€™ll detail later) and aesthetics are a really good way to love your character. (for example I could never play goblin in a hipotetical world where they could be druids and be the best race).

Racials for pve only the night elf matters. You can check on icy veins or bloodmalelt the simulations and youā€™ll see the difference is almost non existant at ā€œbisā€. Except for shadowmend. You can use it to avoid a wipe and then ress everyone there (or do the infamous death run when you want to avoid a pack), or to avoid a boss target mechanic like some pursuits.
For pvpā€¦ Well it is harder. At top lvls again night elf one is excellent. You can mend one sec before a full cast and you avoid it, if you go feral you can use it offensively to stun rake mid fight. For horde troll has berserk to help your burst, Tauren that stun for when melee target you, hm Tauren the stun/run away.

For me night elf is the best one. Maybe in tanking Iā€™d say hm Tauren or Tauren are best but shadowmend is really practical.

But again, these differences are minor nowadays go for the one you like the most

1 Like