Best N64 games?

Starfox 64,
Blast Corps
Turok Dinosaur Hunter and Turok 2 (they’re on Steam now and are actually a much better experience than on the N64 though)
Ogre Battle Person of Lordly Caliber
Paper Mario
Resident Evil 2
Killer Instinct 2 Gold
Castlevania 64 (people don’t like this one but it has its charm and is a unique Castlevania experience)
Star Wars Rogue Squadron
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire
Jetforce Gemini
Fighters Destiny
Golden Eye and Perfect Dark

There’s more but I can’t think of them off the top of my head.

1 Like

And your my newest favorite human - though I played it on playstation (and its sequel).

But Mario 64 and Starfox 64 are standard issue games for that console, I also had fun with Conkers Bad Fur Day.

Why do these games listed excite me more than anything produced during the Xbox360/ps3 console era (including PC games) to now?

Games these days are just garbage.

2 Likes

It’s great to see that game get some love. A friend of mine worked on that game. :smiley:

1 Like

Perfect Dark, Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Brothers, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time.

Pokémon Snap was my favorite N64 game!

1 Like

Oh man, 90s gaming. I doubt we’ll ever see such an exciting/legendary time in gaming again.
N64
Shadows of the Empire - Great game.
Mario 64 - Blown away with the 3d graphics at the time.
Wave Race - Spent tons of time racing on the Kawasaki jet skis
Banjo Kazooie - One of my all time favorite games. Nintendo really screwed up not acquiring Rare.
Ocarina of Time - Another awesome Zelda adventure. I actually never fished it. I’ve got it on my 3ds though, I need to get on it.

2 Likes

Wave Race was one of my favorites! I played the heck out of that.

Ocarina of Time
Goldeneye 64
Donkey Kong Country
Mario Kart 64
Wave Race
Quake

WcW vs Nwo world tour , revenge
WRestlemania 2000
Wwf no mercy

Best wrestling games ever made

Pilotwings 64
Cruisin USA
Perfect Dark
Star fox 64
Mission impossible
Diddy kongs racing

1 Like

Earthbound 64

Crus’n USA was a good early N64 game. There were better racing games later on, but when I first got the system as a kid this was great.

All of the other games that I had have been mentioned several times.

Mace the Dark Age was pretty metal.

Mario, Turok and Waverace!

I liked Donkey Kong 64 for breaking from the tradition. It was a ridiculous collectathon, but I also adore those.

South Park and Turok