Best N64 games?

I REMEMBER THIS ONE BEING SO HARD

3 Likes

Yes, but it was entertaining with friends :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea the gold version has a tiny bit more content and it also fixed the bug to where you would not be able to get all the Skulltulas. If you didn’t get all the possible ones as a kid the first time. Some of them are glitched out of existence in the original release if you try and get them your second time around as a kid.

2 Likes

Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Star Fox 64

1 Like

Perfect dark.
Harvest Moon 64
Starfox 64
Ocarina of time
Majora’s mask
Mario cart 64
Jet Force Gemini
Turok 2
Blast corps
Pilotwings 64
Edit:
Body Harvest
Mischief makers
ogrebattle 64

2 Likes

I swear Gauntlet Legends is so under-rated. Also one of my all-time favorites, along with many others.

My favorites:
Gauntlet Legends
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Turok: Rage Wars
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Space Station: Silicon Valley
Diddy Kong Racing
Bomberman 64
Chameleon Twist
Chameleon Twist 2
Super Smash Bros
Goldeneye 64
Ocarina of Time
Rampage World Tour
Vigilante 8
F-Zero X
Conker’s Bad Fur Day
Star Fox 64
Flying Dragon
Star Wars: Episode One Racer
WWF No Mercy/Wrestlemania 2000
StarCraft 64

3 Likes

some of the levels in CT2 made me want to DIE as a kid.
honestly they still do whenever I go back and replay it. I want to flay whoever thought up Great Edo Land

1 Like

Wasn’t Chameleon twist 1/2 basically the same game? For some reason I get those two mixed up the most because I pretty much solely rented those two and Glover from blockbuster lmao.

Oh yeah that one was pretty bad for me. Definitely not my favorite level. I liked the first game more tbh.

That was a fun game though I was a bit let down by it. I was really hoping it was more like Interstate 76 that it was spun off of.

2 Likes

I only ever played 2 cus it was the one I owned, the 2nd one was actual chameleons, but IDK about the first game :laughing:

I think the two levels I enjoyed were the pyramid and toy land.
Carnival gave me nightmares…

1 Like

Turok 1 and 2 for sure.

1 Like

Dude, I think I remember the carnival level.
That and Glover’s carnival level, F THAT LMAO.

Glover was just a nightmare in general :joy: it had a wonderful idea, but on N64 controls? awful. I half wish they’d remaster it, but at the same time I feel like it wouldn’t hold the same charm.

CT2’s carnival level was basically “you wanna get yo a** beat by giant food items? no? WELL YOU’RE GONNA

No, I agree completely, but you gotta agree that Atlantis soundtrack was pretty lit for the time. LOL.

If there’s one thing that Nintendo did right with the N64, it was the soundtracks for the games that were on it. Even if they were the most dogsh*t thing to try and play, the music would at least be a good take-away from a bad game lmao

2 Likes

GoldenEye
GOldeneye
GOLDENeYe
gOLDENeYE?

I remember sitting down and playing Gauntlet with my mom and dad. Mom and dad were always green valkyrie and green warrior. For some odd reason I was always blue mage. As far as WoW is concerned I wouldnt touch a mage with a ten foot pole. Every time I run the Sunwell raid, the animation with Kil’jaedan rising up from the Sunwell reminds of the fight with Scorne. Those were good times. :slight_smile:

Mega Man 64 is pretty legit. Its just a port of Mega Man Legends for PSX but its still really good.

If you are interested in some more low-key good games, check out the Mystical Ninja Goemon series on the N64. There are two games (afaik for N64 in the US. I know the series had games on snes) and they were great.

1 Like