Best Mage spec raid

It was a joke you clearly missed.

You do realize achievements are account wide right?

Ok let me dumb this down so you comprehend it.

If someone plays frost at a 40th percentile and plays arcane at a 40th percentile that means they will do more damage as arcane.

This means that people who parse green aren’t looking for an idiotic answer like play what you enjoy.

1 Like

You do realize some people have more than one account right?

Let me dumb this down for you, when you have to create hypothetical scenarios to try and prove your point, you’ve already lost.

Its not hypothetical considering its 100% possible considering the oP

This means the Boomy isn’t as amazing as you think.

4 Likes

Point out to me where the OP says he plays multiple specs at exactly the same level. Go on, I’ll wait… Just to add salt to the wound, go ahead and link you playing multiple specs to the exact same parse.

I never said the op played each spec at the same level.

I said the op is an example of someone who could play specs close to the same level.

Either way “play what you enjoy” isn’t applicable and is a stupid response.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/stormrage/snozy#difficulty=4&zone=26

First the op doesn’t say this anywhere nor do logs support this.

All you’ve done is prove you (1) don’t know how to read, and (2) don’t actually understand logs.

If the driver can only drive the fastest car at 70% of the maximum speed but can drive another car at 90% of the maximum speed unless there is a large variation in top speeds then they are better off picking the car they perform better with. That was the point of my original post which you seem to have missed entirely. Unless your parsing in the 95%+ with multiple specs you’re better off just playing what you perform better with.

Everyone’s always chasing the meta and playing FOTM classes and specs. Just pick something and get good at it and you will consistently do better then majority of the player base regardless of the raid or type of content, at least for most cases. If you’re playing frost mage and parsing 90% you’ll do better then a fire mage parsing 80%, (excluding maybe painsmith this tier).

In summary - play what you want and learn to play it well.

Edit - this hypothetical player that keeps getting mentioned who performs identically with every spec is stupid and ridiculous, unless you can play multiple specs at the highest level. I find it hard to imagine a player who’s parsing exactly 50% across multiple specs.

2 Likes

If the intent of those logs was to show that you clearly perform better with affliction then the other lock specs then mission accomplished.

1 Like

Nah asking the forums what spec to play is a bad question, and the answer is in fact that it doesn’t matter because you don’t matter. And that applies to everyone and isn’t even a negative thing.

It’s ok to be awful and having the freedom to be awful at any spec and knowing you’re not dragging your team down more than you already were by playing a specific spec is nice imo

1 Like

You clearly don’t understand what “could” means. Nor did I say anything about ops logs.

I understand logs perfectly fine.

I parsed purple on every single warlock spec in CN.

Affliction numbers were better because it was overtuned. If you look at the parse percentage it shows where I ranked against other Destro locks when I was Destro and Aff locks when I was Aff. It’s why the parse numbers are different.

When doing a comparison of spec performance you look at parse percentage not overall damage.

I played Aff and Destro in the

This is you claiming the op falls into this category… And this is you

Now referring to some mythical creature who may or may not be the op. Your arguments are so bad it’s actually laughable.

p.s. I literally quoted you referring to the op… seriously?

The original post not the original poster.

I again never said the Original poster.

It’s not a mythical creature that some people can play more than one spec.

You’re wrong again as usual.

Is English not your first language?

The original post was made by the original poster. All they ask is which spec is best, which has absolutely nothing to do with them playing multiple specs at the same level.

You created some hypothetical creature who plays frost and fire for example at the same level, and then proceeded to post logs that show you don’t even meet your own criteria. Multiple people called bs on that, and you claimed the op was your reference. This isn’t hard to follow, but the fact you can’t follow your own logic (or lack thereof) is entertaining at least.

I understand how to read logs lol.

With affliction, by ilvl, your best performance is 85%. With destro, by ilvl, it’s 69%. Looking at performance with overall parses is meaningless…

1 Like

Idk what logs you’re looking at but I have fights with 90 93 and 94 as destro

Huntsman I have an 83 as Aff and 84 as destro.

My performance average as destro is 80.2 and as affliction is 77.4

Clearly you don’t.

Those are basis of the overall performance of every fight which you just said is meaningless.

Lol, I like how you think you know how to look at logs and everyone else doesn’t.

You’re not looking at your parses by ilvl bracket. You’re looking at overall parses. How is that a way to show you play both specs at the same level? When you sort the parses by ilvl bracket, as you should always do, you can clearly see there is a significant difference between your performance as affliction and destruction. The fact you’re looking at overall parses for performance says everything I need to know hahaha.

Because by your answers it shows you don’t.

By ilvl for overall.

Didn’t you say

Even then

That overall for Destro is low because of one bad parse on sludgefist.

I also didn’t play Destro for most CN so of course I will have a better average as Aff.

:man_facepalming:t3:

Huh? I’m saying look at parses by ilvl bracket not overall ilvl parses as you clearly were doing when saying your performance was the same for the two specs. I don’t care what the reason is for the difference, you provided it as evidence to show something that it clearly does not lol. And then proceed to tell the people who can read the data significantly better then yourself that they know nothing. Lol.

Here I’ll break down your parses further because you’re clearly struggling to understand: (By ILVL!)

Hungering destroyer
Aff - 91
Destro - 57

Inerva
Aff - 92
Destro - 54

Sludge
Aff - 80
Destro - 31

That’s not even close to the same performance…

1 Like