Best healer currently?

I’ve been thinking of playing a healer and wanted to get feedback before I did. Which is the best class for healing currently? Logic would dictate that priests would be (by only wearing cloth armor). Any info would be appreciated.

What content do you want to heal for (randoms, rated, 10-15 person, epics)?

Do you queue solo or with a group?

1 Like

I’m pretty casual, so randoms and Battlegrounds. Possibly arenas as well

I am mediocre at best but I do pretty well with MW and resto druid. Also really fun to play :smiley:

My personal preference is Priest (was Disc, may be changing to Holy depending on experience after 8.1). Disc priest has a lot of utility with knockbacks (shining force), life grip, mind control, mass dispell, dark archangel, etc.

Shaman can also be a lot of fun but I find that I need to rely on macros a lot more because there are just so many damn abilities (pruning missed them) that are good like earthen wall totem, earth grab totem, capacitor totem, spirit link, grounding totem, ranged interrupt, etc. Prior to 8.1 this was probably my 2nd favorite. Not sure how 8.1 will change this.

Mistweaver can be really fun and effective but seemed like it could be locked down and focused too easily (despite mobility). Holy paladin just seemed to lack…something, just not as effective IMO in battlegrounds (fine for arenas). Druid…lot of versatility and it can be fun but the heals just seemed ineffective comparatively to me.

1 Like

Druid might be a bit better in 8.1. Definitely won’t be the best but 15% to regrowth and old Nourish coming back seems like it could help with their throughput and ability to recover.

1 Like

Too bad 90% of the time people run out of spirit link totem whenever I try to save someone

I have found MW to be super fun and a nice break from my usual Rsham (played since BC, really bored of him by now). You will die super easy in a stun if you are not prepared for it and frequently will get trained down in BGs, but if you are left alone you will out heal everything. Monk HPS is insane.

For arenas, it’s been fun and a nice change of pace. You will definitely get murdered by things, but some of the new changes will possibly fix those issues.

I’m curious how the new Nourish will interact with tree form, if at all.

I would say they are all fun in different ways. If you want a tanky healer I’d go with Priest (both disc and holy) or Pally. If you want a mobile healer with lots of utility I’d go MW Monk or Shaman. If you want a hybrid of tanky and mobile go Druid.

Each class has different play styles. Personally my favorite right now is R Shaman, but its a higher skill cap than some of the other healers. If you want easy mode I’d go with Priest.

Monk was fun. Easily the highest throughput healer but also the squishiest. You can surging mist heal through several people smashing the same target. However, if you don’t setup your port and use your mobility and cc properly you will insta die.

Great thread. Made it no easier to pick, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

From what I’ve been hearing, prot paladin is the way to go. :hear_no_evil:

Shut your dirty dirty mouth!

Prot paladin was :fire: in 8.0 but right now I am seeing so much versatility in the specs they can play with in its crazy. A few games were Prot/Holy, Prot/Arms, Prot/Destro, and I even saw a few 3s comps in the 2300+ range with prot in them. It was impressive.

Any… they are all easy. But if you want the easiest just play disc priest that way you can heal and dps

You’ll probably want to check out

Mistweaver > Priest (Schism Disc, Trinity for Arenas, or Holy otherwise) > Resto Druid =/= Hpal. Right now I think pala utility and strength is on par with Druid but the HPS just isn’t there. Druid is also a lot of hard casted healing right now. Resto Shaman would be the last thing I suggest you to play if you want to enjoy BGs.