Best healer class/spec in bgs?

I know the word “best” is mostly subjective. I’m just asking what is generally the most useful healer in bgs. Thanks in advance!

After the latest shaman buffs, they all seem to have their niche right now. Rdruids are probably the most versatile followed closely by a well played pally. Monks can pump. Disc can do some silly damage rn and hpriest seems more tanky with fade/holy conc/greater heal.

Your best bet is to just play the one that feels good and makes sense to you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply… I might try Monk because I don’t have cloth looms and Gnome can’t be Shaman… Never played Monk before though.

I was speaking of purely max level bgs. I have little to no insight on leveling bgs on what’s potent or not so mileage can vary.

I was just saying that because every class is bad lower level in bgs without looms, right? But yeah, I want to do bgs at max level too.

You can always just mess around on class trials to get a feel of a spec. At 110 you have all your abilities and they play fairly close to how max level is.

Mistweaver is tops for BG’s
High mobilty to keep up with mobile tanks in flag carries with strong single target heals

RShaman is great vs rot type damage vs SPriest dot type effects , brings in utility and has a range kick

RDruid great for survivability and avoiding being kicked plus very mobile if specced correclty off cd you have one of the strongest single target heal

Disc priest (seems squishy) lets you dps while healing but not very mobile. You would need a team to support you

Same with Holy

What changed about disc? I used to love going schism smite penance etc. I haven’t touched it in ages.

Should I get on and fire up some Dark Arch?

Cyclotronic blast is a disc best friend.

1 Like

i’d recommend a tank like guardian druid or prot pally

Grind revered on my priest? Ugh. I know your plan: getting me to classic asap! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Squishy??? hah what sacrilege!!

I’m far more tankier than you think!

Discs have burst AoE healing and contribute a fair bit of damage. It’s not uncommon to out DPS others while topping heals in a BG.

Though it’s not an easy or friendly healer to play comparatively to the others. It lives up to it’s name :wink:

considering all the Snare,interrupt,Stun,Fear all kind of things a healer must face, Disc priest is best option. If you locked on one school you can use other. They are recently buffed as well. Does good damage too. Or go for Restro Druid for all those HOTS and Utilities. Other than this two, Shaman might be a good pick because of their Toolkit. Rest are just garbage

I would not go Disc, they have two big problems in BGs: Almost no mobility and horrible mana efficiency. This means you will never be able to get away from anyone and will be constantly snared and trained all game. You will also run out of mana during longer fights at worst and have to constantly drink between fights at best.

Sure, two schools is nice but it’s not that nice. RDruid/Hpal just have a much better quality of life.

Lol! Run Mecha a few times until you get a titanforge yellow card while you grind. The higher the item level on your yellow card the more damage the cyclo does. I think mine has over 27k per tick written on it which is roughly 20k more total damage than the base version.

Of all the healers , in Random BG’s Priest are the ones that fall down the quickest if they have no suppport

You burn through your mana so quickly just to stay alive

Your saying that you are the top healer in most all bg’s and survivability is higher if not the same as a rdruid, monk and rshaman?

Everything is situational. Three melee training a Druid/R Sham wont let him escape, so that mitigates any kiting. Then it comes down to what a Druid/Sham has to keep himself alive against three while going nowhere, vs a Disc who has tools to withstand punishment without needing to rely on mobility.

Id say the only healer who can reliably kite well are Monks.

Mana burning quickly is incorrect because Atonement is generally my main source of healing for group fights which consumes almost nothing.

Though I see a lot of Discs spamming Radiance off CD with tons of Shadow Mends, and hence why they’re going oom :wink:

Lucid Dreams and Rising Tide Essences make for good top ups during times when I need to pump out a few extra direct heals.

Though in addition to healing, Discs deal damage. Something that other healer generally aren’t able to do meaningfully in a BG.

Id love to group up with you to see and learn

Melee has never been a problem
Vs just 3 trying to train me either shaman or druid

Except 1 map, the damn mines lol

My expierance ,might be due to the poor player skill , Disc gets trained purged and killed rather easy

Nothing against Disc priest just my observation … Even worse in 3’s

No probs :slight_smile: I’ll contact you in-game and send you my B-Tag. Ally could do with all the healing help it can get in BGs haha

I play Oceanic times most nights, though weekends are best for playing during US times.

I might make a vid on it too and post it here.

Also, the Azerite traits are a biggie too, especially Depth of the Shadows, which is amazing in BGs since there’s so many targets to DoT.

1 Like

I’m tempted to get back on my Disc again. It’s the only healer I miss playing this expansion. I only have 1x Depth of Shadows. Should I stack? Or should I keep my 3 x Enduring Lumin thing?