Best class for PvP AND PvE

I know there are several classes which are good at both, but more importantly, are there any classes who can do both effectively with the same spec? I haven’t played in a while, and I currently have 4 level 60’s but I’m not sure what I want to take into TBC on my return. Ideally, I’d like to play a class that can go to raids, then effectively do arenas with the same spec. I don’t even know if that exists, but thought I’d ask some of you more experienced folks.

Resto Shaman
Warlock

4 Likes

Warlock is a great call here as it is both extremely viable in PvP and PvE – That said, Shaman is a good call as well.

Holy paladin would be really good. They basically don’t die in PvP.

1 Like

Yeah, can’t argue that.

Really? One of my four 60’s is a Shaman, but I was under the impression they were one of the worst arena healers?

Rogue for sure but need respecs

For 1 spec, resto sham isn’t great in arena, but godly in open world and BG. near impossible to beat with alch stone + mad alch potion, fire/earth ele CDs, ankh etc

1 spec is pretty tough tbh unless you gonna raid really gimped. maybe frost mage

Druid id say. And hunter.

Moreso druid, because people will love you in arenas.

Shaman has a really good 3s comp and decent 2s comps, could be worse

With a Warrior/Warlock its powerful combo … Purge/Shock/ totems / stop Cast … Ghost form(Wolf)

What about a powerful duel class? Obviously rogue, but looking at other options. I know dueling is pointless but I really enjoy it lol.

How’s shadow priest for 1v1? I know they’re somewhat middle of the road in arenas, but the class appeals to me.

DPS - Warlock
Heals - Resto druid

Shaman is a close second as it can work quite well with certain melee cleave arena comps, resto druid works with almost everything

tell that to imp cs

I wouldn’t agree with shaman. It isn’t bad in either category but warlocks will dominate in both. Rogues are great in both, warriors are great in both, druids are going to dominate in pvp and are good enough in pve, plus rebirth. Shaman isn’t a bad option but i wouldn’t say “best”. Unless fun factor is important if that’s the case 100% shaman.