Best BFA battle pets

I’m just curious what the best battlepets in BFA are? Trying to see which ones I should focus on getting and leveling for battle. Does anyone know if there are any new powerhouse pets this expansion?

They’ve added a ton of new pets this xpac, especially a lot of aquatics.

I think Hermit Crab, Chitterspine Skitterling, and maybe Kor’thik Swarmling are some pretty handy ones.

These kind of threads are so lazy. It’s like the dude who shows up in the professions forum asking the best way to make gold. There are a dozen ways you can approach it and still not have the right answer.

So for me, the best pet in BFA is the Drustvar Piglet.

It’s absolutely delicious when paired with Sauteed Carrots. Throw in some Peach Pie and Pearl Milk Tea and you’ll be a happy adventurer!

6 Likes

Never grocery shop while hungry; never respond to forum posts while hungry. That will keep pet lovers and your budget happy! :):grinning:

2 Likes

It seems to me Blizzard is working hard to ensure no new pet will be as strong as the old pets, this way no-one complains and they don’t have to nerf any.

Some are cuter than others, they haven’t done away with that yet.

Not really sure where you’re getting this idea from; between Hermit Crab, Chitterspine Skitterling, and Foulfeather among others this expansion has given some of the strongest pets in a while.

triple ikky will clear most of the traimers on KT and Zandalar (but not all). Ikky is also used a lot for the new patch zones. So getting one of those is probably a good idea.

In actuality, there are at least 2 pets that are “OP”.

The Hermit Crab and Boghopper have higher base stats than most pets.

As Grainne explained it in this post:

`https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17776

most pets have 24 base points. These 2 pets have 25.5. There is a lot of math here and even I don’t fully grasp it (and I’m pretty good at math). But those 2 pets are stronger than they should be.

I think there is a new pet that is similar, but can’t remember where I saw that. My hunch is that they create pets to counter last year’s FOTM, but I have no evidence to prove it. Because everything has a counter, there’s really no “I win” button. And it does depend on whether we are talking about PVE or PVP. But BFA has introduced several strong pets. Just nothing on the same level as Graves disease that we experienced a couple xpacs ago.

2 Likes

Chitterspine Skitterling is very strong when upgraded to rare quality. I would say it’s about the same as Ikky in terms of strength and battle style. It’s also an aquatic pet which is very nice.