Benthic gear has shattered an already broken gearing system

you’re exaggerating, because every 5 i open i get a gem slot, and i’ve opened many on this character. And the 25 manapearls i get every day at least will normally proc at least 1 gem slot.

lol, I wish I was. I too saw all the posts about the socketed Benthic gear and have been forgoing sending them to alts for gearing and trying to get a socket on mine. Check my gear, this is my main, no sockets. Not doubting your experience though, but its def random.

Look at my bracers that I have equipped right now. And as always people have figured out how to cheese the system by farming and sending benthic gear to mains from alts until they get the right one with a socket.

are you just trying to proc the good raid benthic or trying to fill the gear slots in your character that don’t have gems?

My plans were to use the manapearls to raise my ilvl instead of get the mount initially, so I was just trying to get the 400 gear I had to 420. I didn’t dive too deep into which ones were actually BiS. But for all of the ones I used, none of them had a socket. :frowning:

Also @Laaraa, I see those. They screwed up letting this gear proc with sockets I suppose.

I quite like the Benthic system. The real problem is twofold:

1. Sockets are overpowered
  2. Certain benthic effects (belt, boot) are overpowered in the raid

I think the Benthic effects should also appear on raid loot. That way if you get a pair of heroic boots, there’s no question that it’s better than the benthic boots (socket notwithstanding). Sockets are still extremely valuable to have but that’s not a new problem.

lol, you are getting me mad ? I haven’t seen a sensible point yet from you.

You are literally responding to something that doesn’t even relate to your response just to spam bump up your own thread.

A better solution would be to just add back sockets on gear people got like in the past. That would feel better.

Also this thread wasn’t made for the BIS, but to point out there is a significant power advantage beyond the raid effects in m+ intentionally trying to proc sockets on the various different pieces. People are so focused on the raid effects that they missed how strong even a 420 piece with a socket can be. It almost is static mythic gear.

Actually, several people in those raids I linked you to were running other pieces too. Any slots they didn’t get 430 from their split raids and M+, they could fish up a 420 socketed an hour before the raid. Remember, sockets perform disproportionately well at high ilvl where stat weights tend to stop favoring primary, so at 420-425 with good secondaries it wouldn’t be unheard of for that to be superior to even Heroic raid and its bizarre love of vers.

1 Like

A better solution would be to just add back sockets on gear people got like in the past. That would feel better.

But that would make Jewelcrafting valuable!

… i’m okay with this.

1 Like

OP isn’t talking catch up gear. However, correction, catch up gear has been in game since TBC.

1 Like

Then we’ve misunderstood each other’s positions. I raid. Hell my main is 423. I’ve cleared all of EP except Azshara right now as I’m usually pugging late night and we lose tanks before putting any meaningful work into her. As I mentioned, my guild is on hiatus because we have a bunch of people on vacations with family atm. We pick back up in August. If all you want is pearls available from raids I’m not opposed to that presuming they put a weekly cap in place so it doesn’t advantage raiders over folks who do the daily zone grind to farm them out. But no, I do not accept making all good gear progression behind a wall of organized group content. World quests are designed to be time based content for people who don’t do those things (which is the bulk of the playerbase). If you can come up with ideas to fix your problem without also screwing casuals, like the weekly cap but also allowing raids to drop pearls, I’d be happy to give them a look over and even support them if it’s not entirely self serving and intended to keep folks who don’t play the way you do from getting progression.

Exactly.

Hah, yeah he projects a lot like that. When he says that it just means that’s how he feels. He’s just raging and salty because people don’t agree. Nothing more or less.

1 Like

You have not mentioned anything even related to my point in the thread, and you’re so dull you didn’t even get the point of my thread was abusing the vendor for sockets that needs 15-20 ilvl on static drops to upgrade for 200+posts. You’re here to mock my thread remember?

You seem to think that I was confused about the point of your thread. I wasn’t. I explicitly made the point about the benefit of the sockets in my post, the one you glossed over and immediately responded with snark. And then I responded back in kind. Clearly you were triggered by getting exactly what you give. Shocker. When you have something substantial I’ll happily engage you.

The problem is you don’t dictate what people can talk about here. I can talk about anything I want. And in this case I’m responding to specific points made by other people. Don’t like it? Too bad. You’re not a moderator. In the meantime, I’ll post when and where I want. Thanks!

1 Like

You compared an item which is relatively easy to get, even spamming for sockets, with a mythic raid item that both forged to its maximum possible level and procced a socket, a virtual white whale of raid drops.

2 Likes

I also explicitly talked about gear in relation to heroic quality and in relation to what I’ll end the season with and in relation to the gear I’m currently using. Perhaps you can be intellectually honest and actually respond to the post and not one snippet of it out of context of the rest. Thanks!

Just as soon as you’re intellectually honest about the “minimal difference” between an item almost anyone could get and an item almost no one will ever see.

I meant that the game isn’t balanced around World Quests. You don’t see Blizzard nerfing/buffing classes because they’re too overpowered at picking up crates and killing 20 non-elite murlocs. MDI, world firsts, and PvP tourneys are a big focus.

Valor/Justice points were a great system that rewarded even casuals with decent gear equal to the old normal (heroic mode now), and they had a weekly cap so nobody could get too far ahead.

I don’t have a problems with casuals getting progression, but I believe that the most difficult content should give the best rewards. It’s just how the world works. Raiding is also time consuming content while being difficult at the same time. Gear is a necessity for raiding and progression. Unless Blizzard amps up the difficulty for WQs, what do you actually need this gear for? The whole point of catch-up gear is to get our alts or new players into endgame quicker so they don’t fall behind.

I hate that Normal mode is irrelevant and I wish they would just remove it so we could stop having so much ilvl inflation. Casual gear should be slightly behind heroic (like it currently is except for benthic pieces) with a few heroic pieces thrown in for better catch up. Just like how it was in Cata.

This is your 1st post, not only did you not read my OP, you went on to epicly rant for 3 paragraphs about something that everyone already knew that my post had nothing to do with. Then you finally made it to the point of my OP later in that post and you still get off topic.

Off topic from OP content will be bolded.

Bold is the emphasis on the main point.

Now do you see why you messed up? This is my thread I made, I made the topic, I made a point, you didn’t follow it or argue it.