Ideas on Improving the Game

Wow also had PVE and RP servers renders your first point kind of moot.

Your second point is something I can agree with. Build it in a way of who wants it and not attempt to pander towards places who would never care for pvp.

The only MMO that I know anything about player housing is FF and based on things I read, not everyone has access to housing and if you leave the game for any length of time you lose your housing. I would not be interested in a system like that at all.

In my eyes it could have been successful had they decided to make more PvP centric rewards instead of putting the 10-30% bonus over everyones head. Representing your faction through whooping the Alliance/Horde, getting a currency, and getting faction themed mounts, xmog, tabards, weapons, titles and many other things.

Not at all. Because again what’s the BG that they brought back since it was a big hit from Vanilla? The time where no BGs was even available? Tarren Mill vs Southshore. It’s not moot.

Yeah. Maybe even having completely different WQs that are based around assaults, defenses, siege attacks, tower/base assaults and defenses, maybe even change the “Call to Arms” quest to put a zone on lockdown similar to how they had it with Tol Barad and Wintergrasp and have the opposing factions fight over an objective. There’s so much more creativity that could have been done with it.

2 Likes

And that is perfectly acceptable. But the question needs to be asked Why does it suck in the first place? Why does Wpvp get such hateful responses like mine? and I agree with the missconception on Warmode and why a portion of the player base never bothers with it. 2 sides of the same coin.

Wasnt Tol Barad and Wintergrasp hugely successful for the pvp community? Bringing new versons of those seem like a grand idea.

Wow, what type of moron came up with the idea that you lose your house? If Blizzard did anything like that then why even bother. lol. If I was creating them I’d make them instanced sorta like the garrisons and have them visible to people on your friends list or anyone you’re grouped with.

There is a new version of wintergrasp coming next patch.

Because people misunderstand it. It’s supposed to be chaotic, uncontrolled bedlam, a gameplay experience that involves looking over your shoulder, never presenting a soft target, relying on guildies and friends for backup. There are a lot of people who take the game way too seriously, but that happens on both ends of the PvE to PvP spectrum, and even wriggles its way into the RP community.

As for why wPvP gets hateful responses like yours, I generally find that it stems from one of two causes:

• You were camped a lot, and resent it.
• People who enjoy wPvP have historically been rude/abusive/obnoxious toward you.

In the case of the former, well, not much I can say beyond turn War Mode off, the toggle is there to give you a way out.

In the case of the latter, try to separate your view of a subset of the people who enjoy the playstyle from the playstyle itself. The playstyle is not at fault for people being jerks – people who are jerks are going to be jerks regardless of what style of gameplay they enjoy.

Wintergrasp was for sure. Tol Barad seems to have been a hit and miss but I loved it personally. They messed up by not having one for BFA.

They lose them because the game isn’t capable of giving everyone housing from what I understand.

If anyone knows FF system and anything I am saying is wrong, please correct me.

I just did a mini search and this was one comment.

It’ll probably not come for a LONG time, because 4.2 was a huge success. Yes, a few of the insanely crowded servers have run out of housing, but the majority of the small, and mid population servers have dozens, if not hundreds of houses available. Even if your server, cactuar doesn’t have you dream plot (med/large), it probably has smalls available. I’d do what most of us did; buy whatever small you can afford or find, use it and slowly upgrade over time to your dream plot. It took me 7montjs of non stop searching for auto demos to get my dream large.

To ensure that plots of land are not claimed and left unused, estates not accessed for extended periods of time will be automatically demolished, and the plots of land will be put back up for sale.

Wait, If I read this correctly - these are your ideas for improving the game, which you are trying piggyback on some well known streamers, so you’ll get more attention?

Honestly I do not like a single one. Not one of these does anything to address any of the core issues with game - from leveling process, to gearing, to class design. They are all essentially cosmetic fixes.

Not one addresses the problem you point out upfront - which is

1. Incursions - cosmetic reward is meaningless
  2. This only helps pvp players
  3. So guilds need to queue for raids and wait till an opposing team is ready to compete? This makes no sense. Also, this is about instances, you said the problem was open world.
  4. you skipped 4
  5. player housing does not add real content or promote being out in the world - it promotes hiding out in your house waiting for your queue to pop
  6. the real 4. You want them to stop releasing expansions? Free content? Pet battles? What? This has nothing to do with marketing?
  7. You really think they cater to new players? All that giveaway gear is for the alt fiends who want easy gear paths.

Less tinfoil next time, more sanity please.

3 Likes

Can’t wait for Bellular to release his game. Plan on giving him pages of notes on how to fix his game.

2 Likes

You would have to buy it first.

Asherons call was sort of the same. You had to pay monthly rent for housing with money and items called writs of refuge.

This game cannot be fixed blizzard has proven they are going to milk it as long as possible and make it worse every xpac.

3 Likes

Not the first one because I very rarely do anything regarding pvp. Its the second one that really starts to get me. Often times what an attempt to engage in a discussion and just goes down a rabbit hole because I view everyone should have the opportunity to play it the way they like and not attempt to force other people to play their way. the response i get from that? everyone needs to git gud and pvp.

How about now? You got a Mag’har Orc Warrior agreeing with these “All appearance Elves”

1 Like

Asmagold already had his dream xpack in WoD. No busy work, all raids all the time. Casuals get squat.

2 Likes

I agree with this sentiment to a certain extent, but I’m also of the opinion that such freedom in ‘play it your way’ needs to have limitations. How a player interacts with their own character should be highly customizable. How a player interacts with the world, not so much.

I had hoped that War Mode would herald the end of people on the forums complaining about wPvP when it was announced and in testing, but sadly that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Well, I mean… stop talking with jerks about it. Or, conversely, approach the subject with a more open mind. Like I said earlier, it’s absolutely fine that you don’t enjoy it and don’t want to do it – but that’s not a good reason to piss in someone else’s Cheerios.

Personally, I don’t care if War Mode isn’t balanced by faction populations, I don’t care about sharding, and I certainly don’t care about people camping flight points, vendors, or other POIs. That’s the wPvP I leveled up with, and it doesn’t bother me. I’m of the opinion that if that’s not something an individual is prepared to deal with, then they’d be more at home in a structured PvP setting like a battleground – AV most specifically. But I certainly won’t stand in the way of people who want changes to be made to War Mode – as long as those changes don’t edge too close to the structured PvP options that already exist in-game.

Not even in the slightest but okay.