Ideas on Improving the Game

I agree fully with their OPINIONS that World of Warcraft is lacking the world aspect of the game, the zones are nice- yes? The gameplay is boring, the cosmetics are boring/really lazy- even the incursions are ridiculously pointless after getting your gear.

Here are some ideas beyond what they went over.
1: Incursions reward cosmetic currency that can be used to buy pieces of gear that give you unique appearances relating to a month ontop of the conquest and regular piece of loot. (I actually don’t know whose idea this was first lol.)

2: We -ACTUALLY- do the WPVP right by fixing the sharding issue first, giving penalties toward farming bodies in the form that the opposing side gets a damage buff- and create neutral bases that can be captured and controlled (with quests being available such as assigning roles like paratrooper/knight/medic/gyrocopter pilot.) all of these come together for better delivery on actual war, combat and set up what could be one of the most interesting scenarios in the history of this game. —Ahh but you’re asking… Sarthiria where’s the incentive? Special mounts, titles, increased honor gain for participating-- if Blizzard were smart they would exclude loot for the reason that there will be a larger amount of people purposefully abusing bugs to get it.

(My idea.)

3: Raids… alright, so we’ve been in raids since the game launched, they’re nothing new- they’re not refreshing, they’re the same gameplay over and over again-- well why don’t we change that up by introducing the idea of a new type- by shortening raids to four bosses and creating two groups who compete to get the last kill first at a heroic difficulty (because one side will be on one wing, and the other will be on the other- obviously- the bosses will share the same abilities and health pool along with the same mechanics to keep it fair.)- ontop of that you have extra and more diverse mobs that automatically respawn if one group begins to pull ahead of the other by a boss to make it more even- and in this scenario the winning group gets mythic type gear while the losers get baseline heroic. (This will be on lockout of one week though and guilds will need to plan accordingly to even attempt to get through this.)

(Also my idea.)

5 (kek.): Blizz already made an attempt at player housing and it was utterly pathetic- let’s reminisce about how vanilla came equipped with eating animations, sitting animations, kneeling- auto attack, all of these small qualities were reflective of the RPG nature of this game- the true fantasy aspect of it… so here’s a list for the majority of casual players who aren’t concerned at being in the top 1% bracket at PvP or managing World First kills-- starting off we have more customization options- I cannot stress this, by adding more hairstyles and little tidbits such as piercing, eye colors, tusk types, etc you increase the longevity of your character models by adding more diversity. Though they’re already a little dated but that could be fixed by tricking us into thinking we’re seeing something different… shouldn’t be hard to grasp. Moving on we have weapon and armor appearances… you have a whole studios worth of people-- you remastered most of it to fit the new models but I fail to see why you haven’t tried earnestly- like take the new armor and compare it to the old, there is a clear distinction and it’s absolutely horrible-- it makes transmogrifying most items a complete nightmare and guaranteed any wow player could guess what most items expansions are. Thirdly we have player housing- seriously, private servers can instance a small area and use commands to build a house with a functioning door/window there is legitimately no excuse you can’t make a system to properly implement this is -WORLD- of Warcraft and I’m a hecking dead woman who just wants to watch her plants grow while sipping my undercity skullshocker coffee once in awhile.

(Sort of my idea, but every other roleplayers idea ever too.)

4: Alright let’s move on to your marketing. Just stop with the expansions- like just stop, they’re unfinished, unpolished, and absolutely disgusting to play- I love this game- I love it enough to harbor stockholm syndrome and blatantly advertise I’m enjoying Battle for Azeroth- yeah… because I’m a sheep but when I sit back in my chair flying to Terrace of the Devoted I honestly think ‘hmmm… quick cash grab for content that should be free- i think that’s what expansions are… no- I know…’ let’s look at No Man’s Sky in comparison (HEAR ME OUT, I COMMAND YOU.)- they hecking ripped me and many others off at launch with lying about features and pushing back release dates- their first three months I lost hope entirely but come two years later I can successfully smile when logging in and say ‘Despite them taking my money and lying- they really righted this wrong at no cost to me…’ like legitimately- look at the zones we already have- so much potential in taking their themes and creating small events/utilizing recycled world bosses or actually taking a break from your 2-3 year release date window and focusing on improving what’s already in the game. Leveling? Got me there, it was a big change at first but I enjoy it. Pet battles? Yeah, they’re a nice sideline activity I enjoyed for MOP. Garrison missions/war table? Give me a proper narrative as toward what -ACTUALLY- goes on for these sort of things and maybe I might change my mind that they’re just a garbage feature that shouldn’t have existed in the first place- the rewards? Who cares, it’s boring. I’m agreeing with Asmon here, I want to see a Hogger the size of Ragnaros that will need a full raid group or two to destroy his furry inquisition- why? Because it would feel like Warcraft, this game has got so dark and serious with trying to actually write the story (and failing -MISERABLY- at it.) that I have humbly nearly forgot the days when I journeyed through Elwynn and giggled- or went through the Stockades and said. “OH WOW HE’S HERE.” (Because if you have interesting and unexpected/random content the more people will be inclined to sub, which will solve your population issue because if one person thinks it’s cool- they’ll probably recommend it to their friends to come join them. Go figure this is rocket science.) I digress though.

6: Stop catering to new players. (BUUUHH SARTHIRIA MOST OF WOW’S POPULATION ARE NEW PLAYERS.) yeah? and they’re also naive to this games true potential based on their first impressions. don’t spoon feed them gear, don’t spoon feed them lore because we all suffer- they won’t be new players forever and when they find out what they’ve been missing out on when another mmo drops… you’re pretty boned Blizz- you have to set the bar to keep people- not lower it. Like who does that? Sacrifices the fun of a game in an order to make it ‘enjoyable’ to others who stay a month only?

(Asmongold and Bellular would make me inclined to agree about this.)

31 Likes

Tldr. Wall of text crits you for 500k 250k overkill

28 Likes

No they aren’t.

meh, incursions have a place in the gearing system

nope, no more money needs to be waste on this nonsense but you are horde so you want more freebies I guess.

Nope, who the heck wants to have literal races.

big no

What a totally boring game you would create in this mess. Seriously, almost everyone of your ideas I hate.

And this

how the heck are they catering to new players - I don’t see it at all.

6 Likes

The only engaging content we have are raids. Mythic+ is good in theory. Legion m+ was a blast. But bfa m+ was immediately boring to me.

We need engaging content. Challenging content. Adventurous content.

And we need rewards that arent just a constant +5 ilvl welfare epics.

11 Likes

Report for advertising

32 Likes

were those really belluar’s and asmongold’s ideas because they were seriously bad.

6 Likes

“Oh yeah we took out PvP vendors because new players couldn’t find them.”

Okay? I fail to see why beyond you just saying ‘no.’ That’s not really helpful in the slightest.

People who want to actually have fun beyond just sitting in LFR or doing Heroic for something that can titanforge in a mythic dungeon (which are races against the clock looool.)

Wasn’t it the Alliance that got the Ilevel 400 piece of gear for 50 horde kills and horde was supposed to get the 385 but the quest hasn’t popped for us still 2 months later?

Maybe for you because you’re on a sharded realm with 60+ Alliance.

Uhhh- yes, sorry, but yes- your small statement doesn’t change the fact that any player can legitimately sit at the heroic baseline by doing LFR or the fact they almost eliminated experience cap because they didn’t want to search for a solution to the 110 twink premade leveling. Humans take the path of least resistance and this expansion is so RNG based so people will continue to log on and drag through reputation and gear grinding.

5 Likes

You have a very very very narrow view about this game. It is literally what you would expect from a horde blood elf - all appearance and pvp type of competition

3 Likes

asmongold is confirmed a troll and a real grade A loser. sad to know you take him seriously OP

24 Likes

All PvE content is boring and pointless once you get your gear.

By the time you get the gear in a Raid, you’re powerful enough to where the raid is basically on farm, which means it’s simple, memorized mechanics and dance moves, and no longer challenging. Getting the gear removes the challenge.

At this point the content is secondary to any social aspects that you have in the game that makes you want to come back and play pointless content.

PvP is challenging because the other players eventually get up to your gear level where you no longer over power them and then it’s all “git gud skillz”.

The entire game is about hunting carrots, or building up new characters so that you can start the game.

No manner of changing the content, at PvE, is going to change that. “Nobody” plays challenging content for no gain in PvE. They’re after something: gear/toys/mounts, currency (for gear/toys/mounts), rep (for gear/toys/mounts), leader board position for accolades by their peers.

5 Likes

This type of blanket ad hominem seems uncharacteristic of you. Bad day?

6 Likes

These are Belluars ideas and Asmongold leeched on them.

3 Likes

I can’t tell if those ideas were asmongolds’ and bellular’s or OP. If they were the first two, OP seriously can’t be doing them justice.

But really if you look at those ideas that is exactly what they are - everything about competition and cosmetics. There was nothing relating to progression or the rpg aspects.

1 Like

I have to head to work, I’ll respond after.

Oh well they are bad. I will know never to take that guy seriously about anything now. In fact, I will know never to buy that game that guy is working on as well.

2 Likes

As long as the rewards from every form of content is as rng and outright lame as they are currently, the game will continue to be boring,

3 Likes

Everyone has got ideas. I’d say get rid of BGs, and players will be forced to do WPvP to get HK. But, that’s me.

This game is just getting old, too old, and WoW2 feels overdue.

1 Like

Okay, but what do either of those things have to do with being Horde or a Blood Elf? If the ideas are bad or poorly worded, say that. There’s no need to talk down to a portion of readers on such broad bases.

4 Likes

The OP saw a video of Asmongold commenting on a Belluar video so assumed they were Asmongolds because Asmongold pretends like he always does that he made them originally.

In reality he did not because nothing he creates is actually useful but Blizzard CM’s have to deal with him because he is considered an “influencer”.

In any other scenario this guy would have been banned years ago for half of the shady stuff he brags about.

3 Likes

Not defending this decision at all, as it’s completely asinine, but I hardly think this is the actual reason. Lately we’ve been getting ‘reasons’ for questionable decisions that seem like PR responses more than actual reasons (IE ML change being about keeping the lever pulling rather then abuse, pruning making their designing jobs easier rather then any recent ‘bloats’, or titan forging being about keeping people again, pulling the lever for longer rather then it being ‘exciting’)

1 Like