Bellular nailed it

I agree, just finished the video myself before coming here. Pretty much everything said was spot on.

1 Like

I hope the devs have a wider view than Bellular and Preach of what their players might want in the game. Just making the game for the 10 to 20 percent top/professional players leaves too many others out.

5 Likes

That’s cool. Didn’t know Jake from State farm made youtube videos about wow also lol.

1 Like

The section on homogenized reps is so spot on it hurts.

Even in WoD you had things like steamwheedle that you could just grind out. But BfA… 30 minutes a day, noting more nothing less. Got to log on and do your reps everyday or fall behind.

But I think they’ve realized this and started to mix things up with things like the Bee rep.

5 Likes

Game design that doesn’t take in feedback seems strange to me. WoD beta has some of it here and there and maybe legion in spots But BFA? BFA "Hello everybody, we are putting in GCD on everything for BFA beta, have a nice weekend /end. "

o.O

2 Likes

Funny, I remember him being more than happy when they announced essences not being account bound and easy to get, something about feeling like they earned X reward bs.

He barely said anything new, he literally just said what most people were saying so it might as well be pandering.

He didnt even say anything controversial, he admits there is a problem with Torgust and Visions being trivialized by groups but instead of ask for a better reward for solo Torgust/Visions he just wants to attach some boring mog progression some might not even care about.

1 Like

Game was better before there was M+ and WQs both those things blow hard.

7 Likes

There are a couple of ok ideas peppered in there but for the most part its just make azeroth great again nostalgia bait for clicks. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

So game was better with dailies and no dungeons after the first 2 weeks ?

3 Likes

Excellent video.
Especially the GCD. Dear god that killed the feel of gameplay for me.

6 Likes

I am very happy that m+ is a thing, raidering should never be the end all be all of gearing.

And thankfully blizzard knows this which is why the weapon effects from nzoth can also trigger on the weekly chest

1 Like

Yes in my opinion.

And bellular was an anti flyer in WoD and then slowly changed to pro flying because of how the world quest system and rep system was handled in WoD, legion and BFA.

2 Likes

Or, get this, he switched his stance because the new stance brought in more views and thus more monetization.

6 Likes

Bellular is the ambulance chaser of wow. He speaks like he’s a pro game dev and a mythic raider ect ect. Yet, he has close to net zero experience in either area. His company coffeebox games is -15k and has shipped nothing.

3 Likes

Bellular went from an alright guy with alright content to a miniature heelvsbabyface with all the fake outrage.

6 Likes

Fair dues dude. :+1:t3:
There are a number of YouTubers/ Streamers I can’t stand to watch a single second of. There’s one in particular that, even the mere thought of them, will trigger an involuntary eyeroll.
So I understand perfectly where you’re coming from. :slightly_smiling_face:

Asmongold did nothing wrong.

at least it’s not withered J’im or marker boards. so it’s .00001% better.

Plus the fact that he has a very distorted view of the game due to his youtuber status.

I remember when he was like “I just recently started doing arenas and it was so fun and great and pvp fun hah”

Meanwhile pvp is in a terrible state, you wont be finding high rated players to play with if you dont already have high rating, plus anyone who has done arena knows there’s a huge learning curve between casual pvp and arenas so he was clearly nowhere near good yet he still had fun and won.

What he found fun was being mostly carried by his high rated fans, that is not the average experience for the vast majority of players.

That’s a nice assumption you have there. But it just so happens to be completely wrong.