Bellular nailed it

I disagree with Belluar a lot, thats why I have his channel blocked. I love the GCD change, I love Pathfinder, I think world quests are fine. I think Convenant abilities are fine. I honestly think he is just your typical whiney player

1 Like

Has he ever mentioned which games he worked on? Has anyone ever seen his name in the credits?

It the game he’s posting art about for his patreon. it’s some super artsy mech game or something.

So he’s not a developer, he’s an artist? That seems like two different things.

1 Like

it’s his game that he’s working but he’s got like a team working on it. He lives in Ireland and they have great incentives for game development there.

2 Likes

I don’t really see how he’s offended, he told the truth. Bellular is nothing more than a miniature heelsvsbabyface, both of their content is designed to spark fury within the outrage community, he’s like a little match while heelsvsbabyface is like a flame thrower. As sad as it is to say, even Asmongold keeps a more neutral stance on Blizzard decisions and design.

1 Like

Well, I mean, he took this 3 month online course. You can get discounts if you give them his promo code.

lol

1 Like

Bellular is a huge Blizzard fanboy. He’s currently putting together a humongous lore series about every patch in WoW’s history because he’s that much of a nerd over WoW. Those videos have exactly zip to do with outrage.

He’s also critical of the company, because he really likes WoW and doesn’t want to see it tank. For some people, that’s enough to put him in the “outrage community.” Whatever the hell that is.

2 Likes

He’s a huge viewership fanboy, just like heelsvsbabyface. He will stand on whatever side will bring the most views.

I think you might wanna check out his channel and see the majority of his videos from the last 8 or so months.

Of course he doesn’t want it to tank, without WoW his channel is nothing.

1 Like

Let’s go ahead and put that context right back where it belongs:

His lore videos have nothing to do with outrage.

Ergo, he isn’t only making videos for outrage. Whether you think he’s crossed some acceptable threshold for content or whatever is up to you, but he does do things besides making videos about modern WoW news.

Good work on this Galaxy Brain take, but he’s already said this himself. As in, he legit shows graphs of his views dropping when the game isn’t popular.

All of this is completely irrelevant though. Is he right about what he said in the video or is he wrong?

I can agree with this, but his lore videos don’t seem to make up a large part of his content anymore. I used to enjoy his videos before the outrage stuff came around. Maybe you just haven’t paid him much attention over the last good while?

I scrolled around through his video list and made a short list of random videos where he feeds on popular outrage topics or tries to create it like a large number of WoW video content creators do anymore. Mind you, these videos are only related to WoW and not the other outrage news videos that he has on other stuff. I’m sure I missed a few exclamation points in these titles that add to the extremity of the titles, oh well.

* BLIZZ CUT THE BS
* THEY LIED TO YOU
* EVEN MORE RNG
* BLIZZ RESPONDS POORLY
* BLIZZ’S MASSIVE PR CRISIS
* SAVE MODERN WOW
* CLASSIC IS ON TOP
* FOUNDER GONE, THE AGE OF DARKNESS
* BLIZZ DID IT AGAIN
* 8.5% PLAYERS GONE
* BLIZZ’S LAST CHANCE
* MIKE AND MANY MORE BANNED!
* WOW STAFF GUTTED
* SORRY DEV’S BUT…
* MIKE IS GOING…
* BLIZZARD BROKE THEIR CODE
* THEY’VE DONE IT AGAIN! TWO SNEAKY SURPRISES THAT ENRAGED PLAYERS!
* PLAYERS ARE NOT HAPPY!
* THE REAL LAUNCH! END OF BETA FOR AZEROTH 8.1!
* DEV’S ARE WORRIED!
* LEGION 2.0?

Alright he said some things that I figured were pretty much common knowledge around here, but I didn’t really think anything was wrong with the video.

Also not sure why some of you are acting like this guy is horrible, because in my opinion there’s quite a few other notable figures in this community which definitely just pander and talk out of their bums.

1 Like

Stopped around the GCD discussion cause he was just taking all the popular rage topics from the forums and agreeing with the mob.

This isn’t leading, this is following.

That is a very flawed analysis and ignores the history of iterations we went through to get where we are and how different all the build/spend systems even are in the first place.

It also has nothing to do with the GCD. The GCD is simply to prevent people from further simplifying their “class” by making 1 button macros with all their off-GCD stuff.

That’s exactly what they put on the GCD.

Are they really that different?

1 Like

I can safely say that for me, yes, they do. A DK’s Runic build/spend and Rune regen feels completely different from how I manage Holy Power on my Retribution Paladin, which in turn plays very differently from how I build and spend on all the rogue specs, which none feel the same to play and require different thought patterns.

Because in the end, the build/spend system is not all there is to a damage spec, there is other tracking required, and not all classes spend their ressources in the same conditions as others.

So it’s a simplistic analysis to say “they’re all the same!”. It’s akin to saying “Every class pushes buttons, and thus they’re all the same”, it’s reductionist and betrays either bad faith or a very big lack of experience playing different classes.

1 Like

/shrug.

I’d argue that the same can be said about your stance. You’re seeing complexities and differences when in the end most DPS specs are about managing 2 different resources with one giving access to your “fun” and most damaging abilities.

As an example Ret Paladins play very much like a Holy Rogue with the main difference being their primary resource is really time since their builders are all throttled by CD’s while Rogues builders are throttled by Energy. When you dig deeper though you see that Rogue builders are also time throttled via Energy regen.

Not all specs use the “Rogue” model but most have since the switch away from mana as a DPS resource.

1 Like

If you’ve played either at high level, you know they feel completely different to play. Because the interactions between their abilities are all different, and the build/spend nature (rogues spend at 5, Ret pools to 5 but spends 3 unless a quick burst is required where they double spend, or even better, double spend and WoA to double spend again).

Sounds to me like you’re barely playing the classes and not even factoring in the complexity in each spec. Basically playing at the 50th percentile level and saying “this is all meh”.

1 Like

Meh. Think whatever you want.

I do love that the best you can come up with to differentiate Rogue and Ret DPS is that one spends their Combo points at 3 and the other at 5. It’s amusing.

1 Like

At least I’ve put thought into my argument.

That is a huge difference, and I literally gave you a game scenario where that makes the classes play completely differently.

1 Like