Bellular nailed it

Yeah, god forbid he has sponsors. If you were offered money to talk about a product for a minute or two, something I would assume would be a few hundred to thousands of dollars worth, you’d do it too. I’d be willing to bet YouTube doesn’t pay the channel enough to support the staff he has to pay.

1 Like

Im hopeing they never listen to him.

I don’t know why this has to be about mine or anyone else’s insecurities now. At this point you’re just deflecting.

It’s a very common thing people say to try to undermine or dismiss something or someone. Like “people still play WoW?” Or in reference to an obviously well known person “who? Never heard of them”. The point is to put down whatever the thing in question is that people seem to enjoy just for the sake of being a butt. Sure, very possible not every wow player knows every WoW content creator. But since he’s been mentioned in the forums several times, and I know you’re a regular here, there’s no way you don’t know.

1 Like

Well said!

2 Likes

Speech level 100

1 Like

This subforum (General Discussion).

1 Like

A lot of the time i feel like his position is just something totally neutral that resonates with the community at large, like he’s just parroting the general vibe of the community for views.

He then sensationalizes his videos by making them extremely clickbait.

He’s surely 1000% better to watch than those T&E weirdos. God they’re awful.

2 Likes

Love his enlightening discussion of world quests and reputation acquisition. It makes a lot of sense. I remember BC and Wrath reps feeling much more authentic.

3 Likes

Well while the rest of us go and work at our jobs, his job IS video games.

1 Like

Personally I do think that worldquest have gone WAY downhill since Legion. not that it was a high bar to begin with. But it screams lazy design to me.

Firelands was better designed than any of the patches in BFA. Sure the patch zone was small, but that small zone had SO much packed into it.

3 Likes

Yeah that was odd. I specifically recall Ion pontificating that he wanted the GCD change to elicit more decision making: should I use this defensive CD or the more offensive one? With the inability to activate both simultaneously it creates a prioritization chain.

Whether I think it’s overall cool or not I’m not sure. I don’t mind more cerebral gameplay, but it was a jarring change for me at least.

1 Like

I could not agree more.

2 Likes

People really have a hard on for bashing youtubers/streamers. I mean I get it, your opinions aren’t automatically valuable just because you have a platform… but some of these people make some pretty valid points. I don’t agree with everything Bellular says, for example. But I do appreciate his perspective and ideas.

6 Likes

For PVP yes it is to make esports easier to follow. Same reason why pruning happened as it was confirmed by Brolinka.

For PVE, the GCD changes don’t make interesting decisions but that was something the Blizz team tried to argue but it was not a very compelling argument.

1 Like

Everytime I read about him I just imagine him choosing his name: “After looking down at his cellular phone, he thought, that’s it! Change the c to a b and you have a killer new name!”

I gotta say, he’s pretty spot on. I’ve been wondering why they haven’t added in the previous season’s PVP sets yet like they did in Legion, or adding a vendor for War Front mogs too. I’ve basically got all the plate stuff, but I’m having a hard time forcing myself to endure those another thousand times to get leather and cloth sets.

1 Like

We must be watching different videos. The ones I see where he goes through upcoming patch content and PTR changes tend to be entertainingly written and informative run-throughs of stuff that focuses on how changes and new features might impact different types of players, etc etc. He’s also a very entertainingly laid-back narrator.

I’m not big on “opinion” videos so maybe I’m missing something, but I always click on Kelani’s new-stuff videos because they’re worth my time and my YouTube Premium views :wink:

To each their own, I guess.

1 Like

As opposed to making a macro with all your non-GCD abilities to essentially make them one button ?

Putting a few longish CDs on the GCD didn’t make much of a difference for 95% of the classes. Just makes apparent things like Unholy’s setup time (which was still atrocious to play in Legion without the GCD changes, especially with the Legendary Shoulders).

1 Like

Its great to see some more popular people FINALLY starting to admit what is wrong with the game (including pathfinder) instead of the usually dismissive “stop whining Blizzard 4 LIFE!!!”

Like others said I don’t agree with some of his solutions, but I definitely agree that he nailed the problems down big time. Some of the thick skulled forum apologists would do well to listen to what he is saying here. If die hards are starting to notice problems, you best bet the average joe is not going to want to come near the game in its current state.

Blizzard was very smart to release classic. I would hate to see their sub numbers without it.

1 Like