Being harassed for the 4th time to report

…deleting this

If he’s making threats, of course get the police involved. Posting callouts on the forums doesn’t work and have a possibility that you might get into trouble. In all actuality, Blizzard doesn’t take reports of that nature made on the forums in general.

2 Likes

Ongoing harassment can only be reported via the ticket system. Posting screenshots or logs here is actually against the rules and could result in not being able to post further.

Ignore them in-game and report ever single time they bypass the ignore feature.

4 Likes

You do know that forums are not really permanent, the thread can be hidden or deleted, not really good for “documentation”.

3 Likes

Yes, by putting in tickets, not by posting on the forums. The only place to ‘document’ this for Blizz is in a ticket. That way you can see your ticket history too.

Edit to add that there are also no GMs on the forums to see any ‘documentation’.

4 Likes

As I said, I have already posted a ticket today… I am using this to see that other people interacted with me about the topic showing times and dates. I am personally using it for my documentation if I have to seek legal action. I don’t know what is hard to understand about that.

Because of a few reasons:

1. This thread is easily removed.
  2. Blizzard can close your account if they see fit.
  3. No one on the forums will be able to do what you want because you posted here.
4 Likes

I think you might be missing the purpose of this forum. It’s primarily for players to help point other players in the right direction.

Not sure us replying to you would help you in any way should you decide to seek legal action against another player. Note that you’ve also legally agreed to arbitration with Blizz, so suing them isn’t likely to happen.

All you need to do is continue putting the other player on ignore (do not interact with them in any way otherwise it’s not really harassment and more of a conversation), and report them as you stated you’ve done.

A thread on the subject isn’t really necessary.

4 Likes

I have screenshots of it being here. I am the one being harassed, they are gonna close my account? I was also advised to post the situation publicly online. Why am I being attacked being I am being harassed and Blizzard isn’t doing anything about it, so I am seeking a way to document that I have posted the issue online. This is not hurting any of you and I am not breaking ANY rules by posting this.

I’m sorry if you’re seeing these replies as an attack. That’s certainly not the purpose.

Blizzard takes harassment very seriously. Unfortunately, those who tend to be the ‘harassers’ don’t tend to care about punishment or the rules and continue to try and be jerks.

That’s why reporting every instance of someone bypassing ignore is so important. It establishes the pattern. The other player will very quickly find their account suspended for a long time or even closed permanently.

6 Likes

I have reported the person multiple times and done exactly as you have suggested. Hopefully, the end result via suspension or permanent closure happens sooner than later.

Also, in case you haven’t or are not aware - keep them on ignore and do not reply to them at all (this is very important). If they’re bypassing the ignore using alt characters or getting other people to message you too, mention that it’s ongoing harassment in your tickets.

4 Likes

Are you responding to the person that is “harassing” you at any point? If you are, don’t. Just put the guy on ignore, if they bypass the ignore, that when you report him via ticket. I know it works, as I had an issue with a player and it was taken care of.

4 Likes

Just to add to this OP…

Player in ignore.
Never respond to them
Open Ongoing Harassment ticket.

Everyone has that pretty well covered. I just want to touch on how it works via a post we saw here on the forums a little while back.

A poster came here wondering why he got a 72 hour suspension, not silence but suspension. Turns out he used a friend to bypass an ignore. Both of them got the 72 hour suspension for this.

Blizzard does take this seriously. But do know, they will not tell you what they do to the other player. They could have been punished before, but not cared. You just didn’t realize it because you had some blessed quiet for a time. Just an example.

4 Likes

Most of the process has been covered. Don’t respond, ignore, open an ongoing harassment ticket if they bypass ignore, keep reporting each instance via the ongoing harassment ticket.

You’re not allowed to make cases public on the forums. And you really shouldn’t make cases public in general, because angry mob mentalities are bad. Public callouts invite harassment onto others, and potentially danger. And if that happens, how are you any better than the person harassing you? An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, etc.

Let the people who’re actually empowered to help do so.

4 Likes

I am not certain by who, Dkd. Any referral to post on the forums would have been if you had a suggestion about a change to a system or the invent of a new one. For feedback/suggestions it is best to post in General Discussion.

Understand, Dkd, this is a social game and for the most part folks aren’t prohibited from engaging with one another. We don’t generally micromanage player interaction. We do provide tools to help you mitigate your interactions, such as using the ignore feature to ignore/block communication from another player.

If someone intentionally circumvents that ignore, then we can start to build a case to address that but certain steps must be followed, and followed consistently.

Now, I reviewed your ticket history and could only find 4 tickets submit about this, 2 of which were submit within 10 minutes of each other, and the 4th one, which has not been reviewed by a Game Master yet.

My tools are acting up today, so I can’t check recent chat but one of the questions from the previous Game Master was are you using the Right-Click Report option to apply a temporary ignore to the person or are you using /ignore? The /ignore option should permanently add them to your ignore list where Right-Click report only puts them on a temporary ignore for your game session.

Are you removing them from ignore at any point? They should remain on ignore as that does block other characters on their account from contacting the character that placed them on ignore. If they are using multiple accounts to circumvent the ignore option, that’s another matter and should be reported through the Ongoing harassment ticket option.

I know it can be frustrating at times but we absolutely will do what we can to help.

I should note that threatening to “contact your lawyer” as you have done repeatedly, is not really productive. The only thing that will come of it is that we may need to refer you to legal as we’d likely be unable to discuss this matter with you further.

12 Likes

This is new to me, I always assumed both were doing the same. No wonder I was seeing the same spam on trade chat over and over again. Bad UX right there.

Not necessarily, since accidental reports are a thing. I’ve also had to try and clean up my ignore list in Star Trek Online and Neverwinter after reporting gold spam (since their report system does add reported characters to ignore), and it’s tedious as heck.

4 Likes

To be clear, right-clicking another player and selecting the ignore option will also put them on a permanent ignore, same as using /ignore.

The temporary ignore comes from when you right-click report for spam. That places just that character on ignore until you log out. Next time you log in you’d be able to see that character’s chat again.

4 Likes

Thank you for clarifying that.

1 Like