Begging for an RBG Solo Queue

It shouldn’t take two hours to play two games as we look for literally any tank. I dont care if the teams or comps are imbalanced or whatever in a solo queue, 2v2 is imbalanced and it exists anyway. I just want to play and I can’t because we cannot find anyone to fill the last two spots using this terrible group finder.

Just have two brackets, a solo queue and and a premade one so I can just jump into a rated game and play. Sitting in Oribos waiting is not compelling.

18 Likes

If they add a solo queue, they need to put the premades with the solo folks.

4 Likes

I wish they did this we need a rbg solo q system

5 Likes

Why do you think solo queue would solve the lack of tanks looking for RBG groups? It would be the same result of queue times if tanks are still in such low supply.

1 Like

No. It would make it so you no longer have to wait for tanks to get a game. Instead tanks will have to wait on another tank to queue.

SoloQ means 10 dps could play 10dps. As long as it’s even its all good.

so you want a random bg sandbox but with team rewards and rank.

lolno

1 Like

So go play Random BG

how would solo queue help when you can’t find a tank. all it means is that there are no tanks queueing for pvp.
little weird since rolling a bear or VDH is basically free 1800.

1 Like

Yeah, can’t wait for people to get Blood DK/ Prot War vs a guardian and then complain about losing solo-q games because comp viability gaps o im gonna love those threads

3 Likes

Random BG puts players at 2k cr against players with 1200cr. There is no balance for gear or skill level. SoloQ RBG at 1300-1700cr isn’t going to have 2k players in it rolling the competition in them

So no SoloQ is not just basically Random BGs.

SoloQ solves the problems currently in Randoms and provides a place for sub 1600cr to play semi-casual and not 1) Spend 2 hours in queue and 2) get blasted by people 20 ilvls higher.

3 Likes

What are you talking about? You do realize the team is more than just one tank vs another right? There 9 other people. You don’t automatically lose just because one team has a better flag running tank. The rest of that guardians team could be trash for all we know.

And if anyone is SOOO into the meta… Just keep doing LFG and enjoy your wins. Nobody is trying to hit 2k in SoloQ dude. They just want to play and their tired of Randoms where everyone from glad to newb are just tossed in together.

1 Like

That’s why I said comp viability good reading though. Guardian is just one part of the comp where gap may or may not

You’re gonna find something to complain about with comp if people are complaining about healer difference in battlegrounds.

Pretty sure that’s partly why people want solo-queue.
So they can achieve the rating and gear they believe they deserve otherwise.

1 Like

This right here, and do the same with Arena rated also.

Yes we want our gear so we can go back to playing casual bg’s. Yes there are players like me who don’t care about rating. It’s bad enough players have to work around group leaders that

• Think their gladiator/challenger achievement from 2010 is still relevant
  • Only want to play with players who’s CR far exceeds their own
  • Are not even all that geared themselves in some cases

People would be amazed how fast rated PvP participation would drop if it were not the fastest way to get conquest gear. It’s literally the only reason casuals like myself bother with it at all.

2 Likes

All I can say is I hope it happens, and I look forward to the posts that result from it. lol

Ratings tied to random teams doesn’t make sense. It would be random. Solo q rated just doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

If everyone treated tanks a little bit better we’d probably have a lot more lol.

What is the problem with old gladiator and hero’s? It shows they played at a high level. And old gladiator use to be .5% which could be 2700 not just a 2400 rating. I play in a discord where everyone is former hero and glads.

Easy push 2100 then off to alts to gear them. They know the game and don’t need their handheld. So it is relevant and why people ask for it.

You do know CR does not equal MMR right? Just because you have a 1600 CR doesn’t mean you need to stay in the 1600 bracket. You actually could be hurting your rating if you are trying to push playing in that bracket.

My priestess right at 1700 right now but he easily has a MMR between 2000-2100. So I would not want to invite someone to the group with a 1700 CR with about a 50% win rate. They are going to drag my MMR down which will effect points I get.

Except in general people who play tanks are the biggest tools. I am sure people can share thousands of stories about their experience with tanks and the chip they have on their shoulders.

A good example is tons of premade leaders who think they are a gift to these people.

I also look forward to a day where discords full of people suffering from male pattern baldness don’t dictate the hours the majority of the community gets to spend queueing :^)

If you actually think the complaints of people who expect to perform far outside their bracket will outweigh the relief of people that simply want to play the game regardless of victory or loss (see; the literal average random battleground player) then you’re entirely too disconnected from the average player and should try talking to the people who keep this game running (average players) more than you spend trying to climb Discord coattails for clout in a game that hasn’t really had it since MoP.

“You think you do but you don’t” is extremely apt here, in that you expect the community to have a strong reaction against solo queue if it’s ever implemented. This is patently ironic since one of the arguments against any suggested changes on the forums (including soloQ) has always been the vocal minority effect that forums amplify; happy players aren’t posting about systems. The same would be true of soloQ. The majority of the people that would benefit from such a system don’t even know they’d benefit from it. They’re not here on the forums discussing it right now, and they wouldn’t be here praising it in the future either.

I’m not sure why people who are against soloQ have such a hard time realizing that the primary advocates for it are not the people that would benefit from it, but rather the mid to higher experienced players that would benefit from the game not collapsing in on itself to the extent that our demographic is the only one left on the ladder. You don’t have to be living in poverty yourself to advocate for the impoverished.

The truth is the efficacy of such a system won’t be shown in peoples text-based reactions to it; it will be shown in the average item level of the average player.

Hitting 1600 in RBGs isn’t hard in and of itself, but setting aside the time to do so within your region and time zone can be, especially for the many thousands of young parents that still play the game. Solo queue gets those people into groups in a hands-free way compared to LFG, and that’s more important than a sweaty single dog dad might ever realize while he sits in LFG peddling his life story to 8 other party members, slurping his banana and milknut smoothie loudly into his bluetooth headset, before belching out that he’ll be back in 10 minutes or so and then he’ll finally find that tank.

If you want this game to survive the 2020s, you better start paying attention to the people you game harder than. They matter more than you do.

2 Likes

The problem is thinking some old glad title from years ago reflects their ability to perform in todays meta. Because if they were able to perform, they’d have newer ones to link. That’s the hard reality.

So you don’t actually play at 2100 in short.

That’s basically the same as asking to be carried if you want players above your CR.