Been getting consistent 15 to 25 fps drops for the last 2 days on Wow classic

From launch up until the last 2 days, I have enjoyed Wow Classic at ultra settings at 120 fps at 3440 x1440p. I use many addons and nothing has dropped my FPS whether it was Orgrimmar on Herod or a full 40 man Molten Core raid.

However, around 2 days ago suddenly I’m getting FPS drops everywhere. It could be in Orgrimmar, Molten Core or an empty spot in Winterspring. It’s a consistent FPS drop every few seconds and I cannot trace the source. It’s consistently goes from 120 fps to 102 to 97.

I’ve removed all addons and WTF folder to no avail. Yes at first, there were no drops but as soon as I turned the graphic settings above “3”, I get the FPS drops.

I have no installed any software or driver updates within the last week, so there is nothing I can trace to figure out why am I getting these drops. Temperatures and performance are regular on the hardware side. I’ve even reinstalled my nvidia drivers and nothing has changed.

As of now, playing with the graphic settings at “3” gives me the closets to 120 fps without any drops.

Also, Wow Retail is not affected in any way.

Specs:

I7 8700k
1080ti
32gb ddr4
Wow installed on an SSD
Alien 34” Ultrawide monitor with Gsync and 120hz.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issues. It’s most noticeable when I’m mouse turning. The framerate will stutter. Previous to that, mouse turning seemed hyper-sensitive with no settings changed and no new hardware/software/addons added. After the recent patch/maintenance, it’s been almost unplayable.

Tanking and pulling los, I’ll turn and the camera/toon will do a 360+ and I’ll be facing and running in a random direction instead of turning back to run los. Also, when tanking, I’ll try to turn my toon and the camera will shoot straight up or straight down.

Try turning off gsync. It’s been having some weird behaviors.

Otherwise, post a dxdiag. Without it, we’re in the dark.

A post was merged into an existing topic: FPS drop with latest patch