Beating a dead horse

Ok I am going to rant and this is getting old. Why is it so hard to bring some balance to pvp? Lowbie pvp is just absolute crap. Every game is loaded with hunters and healers. Can we atleast balance out the amount of classes in each match. 4+ healers and 6 hunters is just excessive and pointless to even try. I am not saying nerf hunters into the ground but they are really in need of some type of nerf. That class gets every possible toy to use for utility. This is just getting old cant understand why you (blizzard) gave hunters basicly god mode. BALANCE YOUR GAME

6 Likes

That’s how I feel about these posts

2 Likes

Bruh, out of all the things in this game that need attention you want the devs to worry about this?

1 Like

Not just lowbie pvp every bracket has this issue.

6 Likes

They removed the cap on healers when XPON / XPOFF was separated, well known populations would dwindle in the lower brackets.
Queue up with 5 healers and top both DPS/Heals charts, good news is you will always face less healers with this method.
See what they did there?

They haven’t cared for low lvl PvP since Wrath. Back then Skills had Ranks and were relatively balanced in numbers. Then they removed attack power and Skill Ranks in Cata and that started the 1 shotfest on lower brackets. They dont care and have never played it or corrected it. There is never proper PvP notes etc. They are skin and bones.

I think it’s important to at least acknowledge that low level PvP needs to be looked at.

Having a battleground with 5 or 6 hunters is not fun for anyone and because of the huge number hunters put up in low level battlegrounds, we tend to see too many of them.

If I was Blizzard, I would want to get low level PvP in check so new players can enjoy the game and continue to play.

As it is right now, almost every single player has Boa gear or gem filled gear.

This tells me that new players are not taking part in PvP and it’s a recycled bunch of players.

I tell you this, if I joined the game right now, entered a
PvP by in the 20-29 bracket, got killed in 2 seconds by a hunter, I would do one of two things.

I’d totally quit and never PvP again or I’d roll a hunter. Thus we have no new players and a bunch of arrow happy hunters.

It’s bad for business to ignore low level PvP for this reason.

2 Likes

If you cant beat em, go to the forums and vent some, then join them.

It would be a waste of resources that are much needed elsewhere.

Hunters have been broken in low lvls forever, new players may be new but they still have neurones, if they see some1 with twice the stats the logical conlusion would be they have farmed a lot more gear than you.

So either they keep leveling or try to get said gear for themselves, the answer isn’t to whine about something that only matters for 5 mins.

This happened to me as well a long time ago, I’m by no means a genius but I could figure out just by inspecting other players that most had avg leveling gear like mine and some had an entire Rambo arsenal on them, and that arsenal most likely didn’t happen over night.

Why didn’t I quit then? Well, I decided to be on the other side of the equation, sure it would take some time but still.

And, most importantly, I was just so hooked on the game that I didn’t think about quiting once. I think this may be the bigger problem here, I don’t think new players get this experience anymore.

1 Like

New players tend not to pvp anyway.

“this is what I would do, so this means it is also what every other player would do”

No Hercx, it means Low level pvp COULD be more enjoyable for new players if we would look at some of the obvious issues that are easily fixed.

No, that’s not what it means. You tried to imply that a significant portion of new players may either quit or roll hunters. You have absolutely nothing to support this implication. You are using your own feelings as some form of generalization for other players.
You’re not wrong that low level PvP could be more enjoyable with fixes, but that is not what you implied in the post I quoted. It is an unrelated point.

I supported it by stating that most players in low level bgs are geared with BOA gear. New players dont have BOA gear. It is so obvious that you would have to be blind not to see the issue.

Please don’t encourage him. He only shows up in this forum to derail threads.

3 Likes
  1. BoA gear costs gold and it is not expensive. It is the cost of a handful of quest turn-ins or a fraction of a token sale. New players do have BoA gear.
  2. Most new WoW players are not doing BGs at any consistent rate. They are leveling and playing the general game itself. The majority of players that you encounter in low BGs are twinks, F2p/veteran accounts, level sync, and people leveling alts.
  3. The lack of BoA does not indicate new player. There is plenty of quest, dungeon, and raid gear which is stronger than BoA gear at various level brackets. My own low twink does not have any BoA gear equipped.

You have nothing whatsoever to suggest that new players who do BGs are going to either quit or roll hunter.

Where were you with this statement with the very first response from Kyraxlol? Or the post from Andor? Or anyone else? You were nowhere to be seen.
You are not here because you care about “omg derail!” You’re here because you dislike me and just want to screech. Grow up.

There are some major outliers in the lower level brackets. Hunters are straight up overpowered in comparison to any other class in the 20-29 bracket due to several factors.

They have almost full access to their entire toolkit - allowing for more utility and defensives. The amount of damage they can put out is disgusting. Add in some twinks queue with hunter/healer premades… its a dumpster fire.

Recently we have had an influx of hunters using the mastery buff bug, guess how much fun that makes BGs?

2 Likes

New players are not getting full sets of BOA gear. Sorry but it takes a while and level 20-30 is prob not enough time for them to grab a full set

Written by a true elitist. You are an example of most of the wow player base who does not have a clue what the new player experience is like.

1 Like

maybe if ignore everything else which was said then it might look like I have a point teehee

Nothing that I said is elitist. Not even close.
If you disagree then you are welcome to specify which part was elitist.
Was it the part where I said that BoA gear costs gold and that it is not expensive?
Or maybe the part where I said that most new WoW players are not grinding BGs?
How about the part where I said that lack of BoA gear does not indicate a new player. Is that elitist?
:thinking: