Bears in pvp pretty much sums up BFA

Get this. A class that’s supposed to be a tank that can out heal a healer and pump out as much dps as a fire mage/ destro lock. What?? This meta has evolved organically alright. Into an abomination. yikes

24 Likes

Bear druids are dumb, but the hyperbole doesn’t really help your case.

If a bear druid is getting anywhere near the dps of a destro lock the destro lock is either 1200, or significantly more brain dead than your average destro lock.

Speaking of destro locks, all of these complaints about guardian druids are kind of funny.

People have I guess just accepted that destro locks/mages/rogues are absolutely broken as hell and are going to stay that way.

3 Likes

I think it might have something to do with principles.

tanks arent supposed to be high-tier arena viable at all

9 Likes

How brave of you to present this topic that is flying below the radar. Kudos to you sir for bringing this to everyone’s attention with such vigor and solid feedback.

2 Likes

Hey I can you picked up guardian! Looks like arena hasn’t been your strong point getting world wide winner in 2011 just the two of us in 2012 and challenger in 2019! I’m sure things will turn around for you pretty quickly!

6 Likes

every time i read something like that, i can feel my hairline just receding ever so slightly :rage:

8 Likes

here’s a random screenshot of a bear doing 15k dps for like 10 minutes

https://i.imgur.com/HiE9Alh.jpg

destros dont do more than that for like 10 minutes

not to mention the bear did 7.8 million healing and his priest did 5

6 Likes

Thinking what he said was actually hyperbole is pretty hilarious. It’s not hyperbole, it’s actual truth. Guardian is just as busted and more aggravating than the other specs listed.

4 Likes

What’s hilarious is out in the world, these bears are toxic :slight_smile:

I mean they are obviously playing the spec because it’s easymode but that doesn’t stop them from emote spamming, acting like they are actually accomplishing something amazing.

There was this one guy in a BG, low geared bear on the orb map who specced guardian and had ZERO orb carries. Zero. Imagine speccing tank and completely ignoring all the important mechanics; it highlights the type of person that would would find it fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

O.O

8 Likes

I just wish they were this strong back in legion. Completing the mage tower as guardian took me hours!

Honestly from my perspective as someone who has thought pvp is terrible since Legion launched. It just seems like the pvp community or whats left of it is giving up. You’re either all losing your mind to the terrible gameplay or you’ve just quit and moved on.

1 Like

When a game gives up on all pretense of balancing or working on pvp even a little bit, the players that enjoy pvp will stop playing, leading to a loss in pvp population, which allows the game to further validate a lack of pvp tuning. A case study would be what happened to the zeks in everquest.

3 Likes

Hey I can you picked up this character’s armory. Looks like witty comebacks are not your strong point mocking character activities from 2011 instead of adding to a discussion in 2019. I am sure this will go over your head quickly.

But hey thanks for the time on your research and addition to the thread.

1 Like

Maybe your hairline wouldn’t recede so much if you didn’t make duplicate threads on the same topic and have absolutely nothing to add to the discussion. Also when you make a thread, try to have a point or a topic of discussion instead of “Look at me, I am topical, I am making threads on the same thing just like everyone else”. I am going to take it a step further, when you ask for advice in threads, listen to the responses given instead of making a similar thread asking the same question.

You are fishing with stink bait and it is starting to show.

1 Like

it’s absolutely hilarious seeing a player of your caliber trying to tell people with much higher xp what is and isn’t wrong with the game.

edit by the way, this is NOT aimed at Dozer… this is aimed at the only idiot in here defending bear druid in ranked pvp.

6 Likes

Honestly, if what has happened previously is any indication, the devs won’t touch guardian anytime soon. The devs are focusing all energy on pve and letting pvp evolve “organically” lol

Evidently Guardian struggles in pve, so not likely to see nerfs.

I mean he has more experience than the actual devs he may even be a prodigy if he was a dev :man_shrugging::joy:

4 Likes

Since you responded to my post I have to ask the question. What in any of my posts makes you assume that I am the only “idiot” in here telling people what is and isn’t wrong with the game and defending Guardian PvP?

Maybe you and yeetcannon can pvp irl. Hes looking for people to wrestle and casually flex on

2 Likes