Bear or Monk tank? M+ and some raiding

Bear or Monk tank? M+ and some raiding

Can you explain the hate for bear tanks, please? I am being serious. no trolls here.

For monks, is stagger that amazing?

Being 100% serious. No trolls.

Monk.
Ive played both. BM monk is easier to tank with and easier on your healer.

Stagger is just that great

1 Like

Dratanos just posted a YT video on his opinion of a M+ tank tier list. For sure worth a watch if you’re interested in that. That said, all tanks are viable in keys.

have a link, no idea who that is. sorry :confused:

Monk is the correct answer to every legitimate question in WoW.

So, monk.

1 Like

I hate druids cuz I’d rather stay as my actual character rather than turning into a furry.

Stagger is absolutely amazing. That said, bears are viable in pretty much any form of content you’re interested in. They could use a little love, but they aren’t nearly as bad as the forums would have you think.

If you’re serious about wanting to be bear, check out NihilloTheBear on YouTube and twitch

1 Like

For Mythic tanking, look into death knights as well. Our Mythic + tank mains a DK. The runs are very smooth because of it. … well that and because my heals are OP. lol

it depends on what you like to play monk is easier but with the current lack of tanks you can get away with bear.

i say it depends on what you like to play.

any tank spec is perfectly fine at any level that the vast majority of the forums will want to do. It is more about play style that anything else. Play what you enjoy class wise and you will be fine.

Unless you are going for top 100 in Mythic raids, or looking to push +20 keystones, just play whatever tank you want. All the tanks are fine right now.

3 Likes

Id love to push 20+

The correct answer os paladin

Why? Please provide more details on how a paladin can tank better then these two that carry no shield OR doesnt wear plate.

Bears are bad and monks are amazing.

why? more details. what makes a bear “bad”?
what makes the monk great? for real.

Stagger as a mechanic just makes monks survival much easier than any other tank, from personal survivability to healers ability to keep them alive. Bears are massive meat shields that haven’t fully recovered from the pruning/post-legion nerfs/loss of our artifacts.

2 Likes

thank you, this response helps me, and perhaps others, learn. thanks!!